03/29/09 [DMFA #988] - Hidden injuries

Started by Jairus, March 29, 2009, 03:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Quote from: !KCA on April 05, 2009, 12:27:40 AM
Quote from: Jairus on April 04, 2009, 10:44:22 PM
There is always that problem, but then again, Kria could pop up with "Abel? Abel Rewanz?"

The name is uncommon, but hardly unique. Also, Kria is a few hundred years old and quite possibly well-traveled.
"Abel? Abel Nightroad?"
"Who's Abel Nightroad?"
"Oh, so not him then."
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Buhamet

While that is a good point, I personally can't see a reason as to why Dan in his injured state would mention Abel........

then again, Amber has a great way of making stuff like that happen

Kenway975

There is the possibility of Fi mentioning Abel. Also, if it's Fi who mentions Abel then there would be a higher probability of last name confirmation. The other possibility is that they Kria sees Abel if/when she drops Dan off at Lost Lake.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kenway975 on April 05, 2009, 04:52:36 PM
There is the possibility of Fi mentioning Abel. Also, if it's Fi who mentions Abel then there would be a higher probability of last name confirmation. The other possibility is that they Kria sees Abel if/when she drops Dan off at Lost Lake.

Fi was instructed to fetch Abel if Dan did anything dangerous.  Even Fi must realise that the sight of Dan dying on the floor means all is not well.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on April 04, 2009, 03:58:55 PMOn the other hand, maybe any idiot (not just Kria) with sufficient magical power can revive the dead.

I think this is the case, since it was Regina, not Kria in the room when Aliph was resurrected. Kria was the one to set it up, but Regina activated it.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

inuhanyo

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 05, 2009, 05:51:42 PM
Quote from: Kenway975 on April 05, 2009, 04:52:36 PM

Fi was instructed to fetch Abel if Dan did anything dangerous.  Even Fi must realise that the sight of Dan dying on the floor means all is not well.

As long as Fi next sees Dan before he's fully healed and cleaned up.   We'll see how it goes once Amber is well enough to resume (take good care of yourself, Amber).

Tapewolf

Quote from: inuhanyo on April 05, 2009, 11:46:00 PM
As long as Fi next sees Dan before he's fully healed and cleaned up.   We'll see how it goes once Amber is well enough to resume (take good care of yourself, Amber).

I'd be somewhat surprised if he can go from punctured lung to looking and feeling like he did before he entered the house by that time, but I guess we'll see.

inuhanyo

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 06, 2009, 04:20:10 AM
Quote from: inuhanyo on April 05, 2009, 11:46:00 PM

I'd be somewhat surprised if he can go from punctured lung to looking and feeling like he did before he entered the house by that time, but I guess we'll see.

Well, back at SAIA, RJ patched up Able, including putting half a wing back on, just before Able left with Dan.  So I don't exclude the possibility.  Fi might wonder if Dan is tired and hungry, but he wouldn't pop off to Able in alarm over that.

Kenway975

True. But another thing to consider is body part hit/damaged. The two aspects of it is the severity of injury and the standard healing process: you should not use the healing body part a) so it does not get worse and b) to allow it to heal properly. Yes Abel's half of a wing was reattached, but it's only an extremity. Last time I checked (not to sound too gory or anything) if you can stop the bleeding fast enough, getting the lower half of an arm blown off usually has a faster recovery time than impaling your lung with a sharp object. While yes you will have to deal with all of the side effects of loosing the lower half of an arm and potential therapy soon after, you will be up and moving around much sooner (in theory, I could be wrong). Also, a) it does not look like Abel uses his wings for much of anything and b) I don't think we have seen Abel's wings after the part at the SAIA infirmary. So while we know his wing is reattached, we are not too sure what condition they are in. Also just the complexity of the body part. For most wings, they are very simple. All you have to do it reattach the bone, fuse the skin back together, and reconnect allof the tendons and ligaments. Lungs (as far as I can tell) are much more complex, and are theoretically much harder to heal... even with magic.

At any rate I just hope that Kria and Lorenda are able to get most of the loose blood out of Dan's lung.

*Edit: found evidence disproving one of my statements

Tapewolf

Another possibility is that they might be able to bypass Dan's need to breathe temporarily.  Abel can hold his breath for hours and some 'Cubi don't need to breathe at all - there might be a way to confer this ability onto Dan until he is healed.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Wings have a lot of muscle - and hence blood flow. Losing a wing is probably more akin to losing a leg than an arm; risk of death from blood loss is significant, IMHO.

Of course, Cubi have less to worry about there, but even so...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

JackTheCubiWolf

Since they can shapeshift, can't they just use that ability to heal or regrow a injured body part? Or is there a limit to what they can do with that ability?
I'm back, and tired.

Tapewolf

Quote from: JackTheCubiFerret on April 16, 2009, 05:02:24 PM
Since they can shapeshift, can't they just use that ability to heal or regrow a injured body part? Or is there a limit to what they can do with that ability?

They naturally have that ability.  However it probably takes a long time to happen (months/years?), and obviously it won't work if you die first.

Tiger_T

I'd say the shapeshifting is more cosmetic than functional.
i.e.: You could shapeshift a big wound closed, but not neccessarily heal the wound itself in an instant.

The wings/tentacles... I'm not sure. They seem to be limbs - so, mostly muscles, some arteries (,maybe flexible bones of some sort?), but no organs.
Those would be in the torso.
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Brownie

Kria keeps trying, doesn't she? I always look to those comics for a good laugh.
Perhaps Lorenda should heed her mother's advice:
"Seriously Sweetie. If you want me to stop, you need to start making uglier friends."