I'm a tad worried...

Started by Xuzaf D, August 31, 2005, 01:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xuzaf D

The new Final Fight worries me...
http://ps2.ign.com/objects/748/748383.html
It doesn't look like much:

All them thugs are clones! Hard to judge the graphics just yet...

Darkmoon

Yeah, indeed not. I dunno, but the whole fighting genre is just sorta becoming stagnant.

Xuzaf D

Your kind of right. I can't name a single fighter that came out this year that wasn't a sequal, or a licensed peice of shit. Maybe a new fighting series will be introduced soon enough to shake up the pond water. Till then there's another Tekken, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter, Dead or Alive, and Dragon Ball Z game to be unleashed on the public.

Esnel Pla

Darkmoon

Yeah, that's the thing. With the Soul Caliburs used to be anticipated games. But now, it seems like every year or so, hey, new SC game (I know, there's only been 2 and 3 back to back, but you get the drift). Game companies crank out games over and over, and it makes the genre weaker, not stronger.

Mageknight Locke

ive never really like fighting games, the just seem so shallow to me being a cold steel and fireball gamer, and im starting to have soo many rpgs on the go my free time is negliable  :sigh

Darkmoon

I dig some of the latest RPGs that came out. Fable and KotOR both rocked, although KotOR2 and Jade Empire just played like rehashes of KotOR.

Mageknight Locke

everytime i start up FF8 i dont do anything else for 20-30 hours lol

Helena

Yeah FF8 is good and I also get hooked on FF10 because of side quests and crap. But right now I'm into Star Ocean Till the end of time.
Mirror, mirror, on the wall, whose to say who I really am at all?

Mageknight Locke

i dont like ff10 that much, far too easy in my opinion, and the voice acting is utter dross

Darkmoon

(shrugs) the FF games haven't really hooked me since FFV

Mageknight Locke

:stupid they are starting to just be the same old thing just with some feature that sounds better than it is *cough materia cough*, if anyone has seen the pics for ff12 then youll see a strong resemblance between the leads in that and the leads in ff10  :givesafuck

Helena

Oh, I don't care about FF games much after 10. I only care about FF6-7-8-9-10. The tenth one was easy for me but I used a gameshark. I did look at 12 once and I got bored.  :januscat

Anyway...I do miss older games. I liked sonic a lot and Zelda.
Mirror, mirror, on the wall, whose to say who I really am at all?

Achirio

Gameshark? what for? O_o
10 was good, not because it was easy, because it criticizes the modern concept of religion.
8 was great in my oppinion and 7 is overrated.
no other rpg compares to genso suikoden 1 and 2 tho.

Jorge D. Fuentes

FF is Final Fight AND Final Fantasy.
CONFUSION!

Destina Faroda

Final Fantasy series ranking...

1.  Final Fantasy VI -- Easily the best Final Fantasy of all time.  Probably the best "pure" RPG of all time.
2.  Final Fantasy IV -- Great story, a rotating cast of characters, sweet music, and marked a whole bunch of firsts for the series.
3.  Final Fantasy X -- While not the best Final Fantasy, this game is a masterpiece and the step forward that the series needs in terms of storytelling and gameplay.  This is the game Final Fantasy VII should have been.
4.  Final Fantasy VIII --  A game that was unfairly maligned: heck, I even got mad at it at first.  If it's characters had been a little stronger, it would have been classic instead of merely great.
5.  Final Fantasy --  The original one that started it all.  A game that laid the groundwork for the series but had plenty of flaws people love to ignore.
6.  Final Fantasy II -- While it was significant for having the first true "plot" and had a lot of unique ideas, it had too many strikes against it (Note:  The Dawn of Souls remake would probably rank two notches hight).
7.  Final Fantasy IX --  While there is a lot about this game I truly loved, objectively it's one of the worst entries of the series.  Gameplay wise it's a rehash and a wreck.  Musically this game is a disappointment.  And the battle loading times are insane.
8.  Final Fantasy VII --  The worst Final Fantasy ever, it tried to be epic, but fell flat on its face with a plot that was too complicated for its own good, unlikable characters, an overblown score, and gameplay so lacking in fundamentals that to this day I still have not been able to play the game start to finish a second time.

I have not played Final Fantasy V or the NES version of Final Fantasy III.
Sig coming...whenever...

Xuzaf D

Quote from: Jorge D. Fuentes on August 31, 2005, 04:57:28 PM
FF is Final Fight AND Final Fantasy.
CONFUSION!
and Fatal Fury. But, that doesn't have an obsessed fanbase who talks about it every time they open their mouths.
(smites all who mentioned Final Fantasy in the middle of a Final Fight thread)

Mageknight Locke

hey virtually everything on this board goes completely off topic eventually :D

Darkmoon

Three Page rule. If a thread goes three pages it's guaranteed to evolve away from the original topic at least three times.

Achirio

O.o you just doomed the rule, because its only a page long... altho now we are on the second evolution.... hmmmm Interesting.

Jorge D. Fuentes

No rule violation, really.  It means that by the time this thread (or any thread) reaches three pages, in an Off Topic Forum, it is bound to have been derailed at least three times.

Considering that it's already been derailed and it's only on Pg1, it's almost guaranteed to have abided by the rule by the time it grows into page three.

Let's see:

Original Thread (Final Fight)
Derailment 1 (Final Fantasy)
Derailment 2 (Definition of 3-day Rule)
... only one more derail for it to have abided the rule... and we're still only in page 1.  You'd have to return it to a Final Fight topic (that doesn't count as a derail) and keep it as such for two pages.

An impossible task, indeed.

Darkmoon

Especially since I know very little about the FFight games past the first one. They didn't really thrill me too much.

Do have to say though, for a short period of time I was into the Streets of Rage series.

Mageknight Locke

yea, pity they died off with the genesis  :cry

Darkmoon

Well I thought there were plans for a revival, but I haven't heard much about it in a while.

game they need to make a real sequel to: Rock and Roll Racing!

Achirio

Oh i liked street of rage way better than final fight, the music was brilliant (and way ahead of its time) and the game itself was catchy.

Darkmoon

Indeed. A ton of fun to play.

Xuzaf D

Know it's about Streets of Rage. Way to go!