Started by Hellcat, March 20, 2009, 01:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terrion

Quote from: Baal Hadad on March 20, 2009, 03:39:10 AM
Quote from: Terrion on March 20, 2009, 03:32:29 AM
Quote from: Baal Hadad on March 20, 2009, 03:04:26 AM
Quote from: Terrion on March 20, 2009, 02:59:30 AM
Quote from: Baal Hadad on March 20, 2009, 02:33:40 AM
Anyway, didn't expect Lorenda to say that, even though she's read Wildy's spy novel and liked it, and it featured her and Dan in a secret forbidden romance....   :erk

And just think - If Lorenda kept the advance copy she read, then she has "proof" to present to Kria and Aliph!  >:3

Would she have to pay royalties to Wildy to do that?

That wouldn't be a case of royalties - Lorenda would just have to cover the cost of one paperbound test volume. And that would be to the publishing company and not Wildy. If they ever bother to ask for it back if she didn't send it - the whole thing is pretty much a loss for them, so what's one more book?

I was mostly making a quadriplegic joke there, but thanks for the info.  :)

Say wha..?

Or was that a nonsequiter?

Tapewolf

Oh, that was well-played.  From Kria's point of view it all fits with why Lorenda went off in a huff after she tried to hit on Dan.  I guess we'll have to see about Dan's thought-reading powers and/or general common sense to see if he can play along properly.

**EDIT**

And Amber, hope you can make Anthrocon.  The last two years I seem to have ended up helping pay someone else's travel expenses - I imagine I'm not the only one who'd donate to that particular cause.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lowde

Hmm... Is Lorenda puking in the 4th panel!? Come on... the idea of being Dan's girlfriend can't be that bad >:3

Kenway975

Quote from: Lowde on March 20, 2009, 05:49:27 AM
Hmm... Is Lorenda puking in the 4th panel!? Come on... the idea of being Dan's girlfriend can't be that bad >:3

I don't think so, it was probably a reaction to her mother pulling on her arm as she went to break up the fight... or at least that's what it looks like to me.

Tapewolf

If Dan has to be rescued, is he really a suitable man for Lorenda?

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 20, 2009, 06:34:26 AM

you just know Kria's gonna be doing Fa'lina impersonations before long...

"Babies"

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on March 20, 2009, 06:37:36 AM
you just know Kria's gonna be doing Fa'lina impersonations before long...
"Babies"

Absolutely.  When Cog said that Kria was the happiest thing on earth, my immediate thought was Nahhh.

jeffh4

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 20, 2009, 06:34:26 AM
I assume you are being rhetorical.  Lorenda just doesn't want her uncle or Dan killed, and she knows how to manipulate her mom to do it. 

BTW, I expect Kria's power level is in a completely different class than either of them, so expect this fight will be broken up with extreme speed and predjudice while they are both "distracted" with each other.

Tapewolf

Quote from: jeffh4 on March 20, 2009, 06:49:21 AM
I assume you are being rhetorical.
A mixture of dry humour and trying to understand Kria's viewpoint.

Naldru

Has anybody considered the idea that Kria might know the truth.  She is bound to revive DP from honor but is willing to tell Dan how to stop it.  Honor prevents her from stopping the fight unless she has a reason.  Remember, Kria didnt spend the last few hundred years knitting.

Also, girls have the right to change boyfriends.  Jyrras used to be her boyfriend.  A girl can have multiple boyfriends.  She didn't say that they were engaged.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Terrion

Quote from: Naldru on March 20, 2009, 07:20:55 AM
Also, girls have the right to change boyfriends.  Jyrras used to be her boyfriend.  A girl can have multiple boyfriends.  She didn't say that they were engaged.

Jyrras used to be Lorenda's boyfriend - in Kria's mind. Other than that, the rest of the statement holds true.

inuhanyo

Dan has a chest wound, but DP looks like he was put into a blender and pulsed once.

Hard to say who is being rescued from whom here, DP is ahead on points but Dan has the momentum back.

I've been thinking that, for Lorenda, this had to be beyond awkward.  Nice one, Amber.

But this doesn't do anything to resolve the underlying conflict, it just pushes the day of reckoning into the future some. 

Tapewolf

Quote from: inuhanyo on March 20, 2009, 07:39:42 AM
Dan has a chest wound, but DP looks like he was put into a blender and pulsed once.

You know what?  This is most likely gross overanalysis/nitpicking/artistic license on Amber's side, but DP isn't screaming anymore.

Arcblade

Hehehe.  Oh, Lorenda... 

I am kind of unsure why she's "wargh"ing in the last panel.  Possibly frustration that she had to use that particular lie to get Kria to do anything. 

But yeah, I do notice a lack of banging, screaming, and growling. 

silentassassin

Maybe it is over or they moved to another room. Or ,the most likely choic, Amber's lazy and decided to not make Dan and DP sound effects.

Jigsaw Forte

Aw, hell, it's not like Kria even expects them to be happy and lovey-dovey forever; this IS a woman who sees nothing wrong with eating the husband as part of a divorce settlement. Lorenda could just as easily change her mind later, though I imagine Kria wants to see at least some blood before accepting it wasn't meant to be.

As for Amber: Print Sets sell better than you'd think. You wouldn't believe how much I've made recently off of a bunch of Zodiac-themed buttons and bookmarks. Really, the hardest part is accepting that people ofte  want this stuff more than they'd want your comic-related materials, but that's what you get when dealing with people unfamiliar with the comic... though yours'd be more recognized than mine, I'm sure ;)

Besides, I've never noticed that having too many things for sale comes back to haunt you. If you think your time is well-served by 'em, do it, otherwise don't.

Shadowcatcher

Heehee.  And more elements of Wildy's book seems to come to play...

Turnsky

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on March 20, 2009, 08:36:03 AM
Aw, hell, it's not like Kria even expects them to be happy and lovey-dovey forever; this IS a woman who sees nothing wrong with eating the husband as part of a divorce settlement. Lorenda could just as easily change her mind later, though I imagine Kria wants to see at least some blood before accepting it wasn't meant to be.

blood, grandkids, don't all mothers want the same thing?  >:3

!KCA

Aw, hell, it's not like Kria even expects them to be happy and lovey-dovey forever; this IS a woman who sees nothing wrong with eating the husband as part of a divorce settlement.
"Husband?" Kria was married?

Turnsky

Quote from: !KCA on March 20, 2009, 08:44:41 AM
Aw, hell, it's not like Kria even expects them to be happy and lovey-dovey forever; this IS a woman who sees nothing wrong with eating the husband as part of a divorce settlement.

yeah, it gave her heartburn.

Tapewolf

Quote from: !KCA on March 20, 2009, 08:44:41 AM
It doesn't say that explicitly, but it does say "divorced" (in quotes) on her cast page.  It's possible Lorenda was conceived out of wedlock I suppose...

N-Cat

Poor Lorenda.  Look at her face in the second panel, and just imagine the moral dilemma that must be running through her mind.  I think the "WARGH" is a continuation of her thoughts.  Not that she hates Dan- quite the opposite- she was pretending to actually love him to save him.

And no, Kria does not expect Lorenda to stay with Dan.  Remember when Lorenda was "breaking up" with Jyrras? Kria wanted to kill him even though it was Lorenda that was leaving, and she didn't try to get them back together.

Shadowcatcher

I can't wait to see DP's reaction.  And Dan's, since this is going to be news to them both! hehehe.

Jairus

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on March 20, 2009, 09:05:54 AM
I can't wait to see DP's reaction.  And Dan's, since this is going to be news to them both! hehehe.
"Listen, honey, can this wait until after I've killed my mortal foe?"
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: N-Cat on March 20, 2009, 09:02:47 AM
And no, Kria does not expect Lorenda to stay with Dan.  Remember when Lorenda was "breaking up" with Jyrras? Kria wanted to kill him even though it was Lorenda that was leaving, and she didn't try to get them back together.

Jyrras is food, though.  Remember the 'Cubi Representative business - Dan's race is powerful enough for Regina etc to think DP was in deep doodoo.

N-Cat

Oh sure.  My point was just that Kria doesn't really care about how her daughter's relationships go.  She wants to be the perfect mom, which includes not being hypocritical.  And eating your husband is not exactly worse than just leaving him.  (Does my grammar work out there?)

Dwarg91

[/lurk]Id say that the scaryest things in the Furrae universe are Fa'linas babies grin, Krias "My daughter has a boyfriend" grin, than this :mowgrin
[lurk]

Akisohida

Quote from: Azlan on March 20, 2009, 02:45:55 AM
Happy Kria is possibly the scariest thing I've seen yet.  I am still impressed to this day how this can be such a web of complex relationships, drama, tragedy and comedy in one whole mass.   

She is a being of relatradromadey!
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

ShiningShadow

Well i will wait for the expression on Dan's face when this revelation hits. Ohhhhhh jeeze the frozen stare, But i have a question when Lorenda mentioned the fact to Kria that Dan is her boyfriend she said it without hesitating, I'm thinking there is some sort of a attraction to Dan in a secret sort of way like a crush to him and that book that wildly wrote about those two in a secret romance with each other. Maybe reinforce that secret crush for Dan to make him my boyfirend. I might be daft here does anybody else saw that also.

Lucheek

I don't think Lorenda's going to have to keep up "he's my boyfriend" act for long. I see Kria stopping the fight, and Lorenda saying something along the lines of "Yah...we're not together." Kria's attentionspan seems like the kind that would go "Oh. Poopy." instead of just stabbing Dan himself.

And don't be too hard on yourself, Amber. We'll love anything you give us. And if you want to make images, do it. If you feel like they need a purpose, you can conisder postcards. Just make the prints a certain shape and bam, postcard.