Special Features..

Started by Turnsky, March 10, 2009, 05:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

For a little while, at least.. i'm gonna be posting 'special' pages of foxfire, akin to amber's special arcs, but with less quality, i'm going to posting Ariannia's basic workings in a handwritten format, as penned by Bengahl himself, i'll make them every wednesday and Friday, until the next update rolls around, where i'll just park them on a part of the site for all to see. but only the Ariannia site will have these, it's a pain to wrangle that in comicgen's archaic system.

i'll post the first one early to give folks a taste.. it's a little exposition, but also shows how Ariannia as a world works.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

That's a nice idea.  Though it raises a question.  Bengahl has spent aeons stuck in a bouncy ball - does that mean the notes will be millennia out of date, or are these going to be notes he makes 'now' as he reorients himself?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 10, 2009, 05:51:49 AM
That's a nice idea.  Though it raises a question.  Bengahl has spent aeons stuck in a bouncy ball - does that mean the notes will be millennia out of date, or are these going to be notes he makes 'now' as he reorients himself?

you'll see.
http://www.ariannia.com/races/notes/notebook1/

Tapewolf

Modern notes on ancient paper.  Still, I suppose if 'Cubi live a couple of millennia they're going to lose track of things like stationary supplies.  Like the BBC (some recordings only survive because they got lost between the archives and the shredder)   :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 10, 2009, 06:18:42 AM
Modern notes on ancient paper.  Still, I suppose if 'Cubi live a couple of millennia they're going to lose track of things like stationary supplies.  Like the BBC (some recordings only survive because they got lost between the archives and the shredder)   :P

old parchment *nods*

ShadesFox

Ohh... looks amusing.  More reading is fun X3
The All Purpose Fox

Zedd

Ohhh notes *waits for them all*

AmigaDragon

:mowdan gotta catch 'em all. (I thought we had at least one pokemon smiley but apparently not.)
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Turnsky

just to note, interspliced with the english, is Bengahl's own language, and short-hand one at that, it's a version of the 'atlantae brush' font i used a while back, obviously handwritten, of course, i don't wanna give too many details away, after all.  >:3

http://www.ariannia.com/races/notes/notebook2/

AmigaDragon

The notebook pages are missing.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Sicill

Turnsky is tampering around with and improving ariannia.com's code today, not everything will be there or working correctly until he's finished.

Turnsky

Quote from: Sicill on March 18, 2009, 05:53:51 PM
Turnsky is tampering around with and improving ariannia.com's code today, not everything will be there or working correctly until he's finished.

yep.. unlike television, there is no "this takes time, so here's one i prepared earlier"