3/9/09 - [FFC#48] - Legacies

Started by Turnsky, March 09, 2009, 08:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on March 09, 2009, 08:21:57 AM
Hope it was worth the wait.  >:3

Very nice.  I like the colouring, it's a lot cleaner and pleasant-looking than the last couple of strips.  Very well done.

Is it just me, or does Benghal does look a little high in the third panel, though?

And is it Bengahl or Benghal?  Both spellings are used in the strip.

Whatever the last couple of panels were about, it seems to have upset Milnea.  I guess we'll find out why.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 09, 2009, 08:37:11 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on March 09, 2009, 08:21:57 AM
Hope it was worth the wait.  >:3

Very nice.  I like the colouring, it's a lot cleaner and pleasant-looking than the last couple of strips.  Very well done.

Is it just me, or does Benghal does look a little high in the third panel, though?

And is it Bengahl or Benghal?  Both spellings are used in the strip.

Whatever the last couple of panels were about, it seems to have upset Milnea.  I guess we'll find out why.

Technically it's "bengahl" but even i'm liable to make the odd typo in this regard.

techmaster-glitch

Tapewolf

I'm curious.  Is this strip all-digital or ink-based?

ShadesFox

This strip, retold in smilies.

Bengahl> :S
Bengahl> :}
Bengahl> :D
Bengahl> :| "Shadarca"
Milnea> D:

More story and less bloom seems to be a winning combination.
The All Purpose Fox

Brunhidden

Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Sicill

Bengahl has been gone for that long and Adaras and the rest still hasn't crumbled to dust? They definitely don't build them like his family used to.
How does Adaras even see with a line?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Sicill on March 09, 2009, 04:29:12 PM
Bengahl has been gone for that long and Adaras and the rest still hasn't crumbled to dust? They definitely don't build them like his family used to.

It's obvious - he's in plane sight.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 09, 2009, 01:02:09 PM
I'm curious.  Is this strip all-digital or ink-based?

all done completely in CS4

Sketched in Photoshop
Inked in Illustrator
Colored, etc in Photoshop.

Quote from: Sicill on March 09, 2009, 04:29:12 PM

Adaras is made of the same core components as the Dawnspire itself, Bengahl's family make their Golems to last structurally, as for how he can see, he does have an "Eye" just look for the bright spot along the glow.

Kabbalist

Interesting, veeeery interesting. I'm guessing that "Shadarca" is a special title of some kind, probably connected to either an ancient inherited legacy Milnea thought was a family secret, a position that she holds in some secret society, or both.

Either way, I'm guessing that she's had the  sensation of having someone else get the drop on her more frequently since Bengahl arrived than in the two or three preceeding centuries combined.

Hmm...the grammar there seems a bit awkward, but I think it's technically correct. Suggestions?

Turnsky

Quote from: Kabbalist on March 10, 2009, 08:45:29 AM
Interesting, veeeery interesting. I'm guessing that "Shadarca" is a special title of some kind, probably connected to either an ancient inherited legacy Milnea thought was a family secret, a position that she holds in some secret society, or both.

Either way, I'm guessing that she's had the  sensation of having someone else get the drop on her more frequently since Bengahl arrived than in the two or three preceeding centuries combined.

Hmm...the grammar there seems a bit awkward, but I think it's technically correct. Suggestions?

Most Cubi have to be very wary around experienced Thaelith because in general, their minds can't be read under normal circumstances.

Moonfire

Quote from: Kabbalist on March 10, 2009, 08:45:29 AM

With the talk of "legacies" and what they can mean, I was thinking it was a name only her father called her by  :shifty

Tapewolf

Quote from: Moonfire on March 10, 2009, 12:41:46 PM
With the talk of "legacies" and what they can mean, I was thinking it was a name only her father called her by  :shifty

Actually, that had occurred to me too, though I seem to recall that 'Cubi-Thae'lith hybrids are forbidden, according the the race profile pages (which look like they're down at the moment).

EDIT:

It is also strictly forbidden by both Cubi and Thae'lith society for either one or the other to get together and produce a child, should the rare event occur, Both parents are exiled (or killed), and the child, unfortunately is destroyed, both sides fear the implication to such a degree, that such extreme measures need to be taken, and this is quite often seen as a joint effort between both Thae'lith and Cubi.

Sicill

From the cast page:
QuoteStanding at just under 5′8″, Milnea is the Progeny of a red Panda Se'tani, and a Succubus Mother,
also,
QuoteAge: 4,787
Also when they had just met
QuoteI'm surprised your mother didn't tell you of me, just to keep you up at night...
"http://www.ariannia.com/2008/02/18/page-29/"
So it would be in my mind unlikely that Thae'lith gone for several thousand years, longer than Milnea probably has been alive, would have even known Milnea existed much less family habits.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Sicill on March 10, 2009, 01:38:15 PM

Also when they had just met
QuoteI'm surprised your mother didn't tell you of me, just to keep you up at night...
"http://www.ariannia.com/2008/02/18/page-29/"
So it would be in my mind unlikely that Thae'lith gone for several thousand years, longer than Milnea probably has been alive, would have even known Milnea existed much less family habits.

Not all Thae'lith have been gone for millennia (last panel), though as a race they've been more or less extinct on Ariannia.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Sicill

True, however we have seen no obvious evidence that they have contacted Bengahl to tell him about Milnea's childhood. My point was that Bengahl was almost certainly gone and out of contact when she was growing up.

ShadesFox

I think this legacy is a giant melon.  The most awesome melon ever in fact.  So awesome that it is still good after many millennia of being hidden.  It survives by granting boons to those who may find it, not unlike a genie.  Of course, only bengahl has the melon baller that can expose its true potential.
</psychosis>
The All Purpose Fox

Tapewolf

Quote from: ShadesFox on March 11, 2009, 05:26:38 PM
I think this legacy is a giant melon.  The most awesome mellon ever in fact. 
I hope those are prescription drugs.

ShadesFox

Whoops, too may 'l's in there originally.  Still, the melons have been genetically engineered with prescription drugs in them.  Thae'lith were masters at the art of genetically engineering crops.  That was what caused their down fall.
The All Purpose Fox

Kabbalist

Quote from: ShadesFox on March 11, 2009, 05:38:25 PM
Whoops, too may 'l's in there originally.  Still, the melons have been genetically engineered with prescription drugs in them.  Thae'lith were masters at the art of genetically engineering crops.  That was what caused their down fall.

Riiiiight... I'll just stand over there, shall I? Nice and far away from the friendly delirious drugged person.

Turnsky

Turnsky

getting there..

enjoy. IT IS DONE!

TAKE THAT REAL LIFE!

ARGHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *Sputters*