02/16/09 [DMFA #973] - piddle self and run

Started by Lisky, February 15, 2009, 10:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ranx on February 16, 2009, 05:07:02 AM
I wonder how Kria will react to the situation. Will she allow Dan to keep going? Though I doubt Regina means much to her, she may feel somewhat responsible for her.
I bet you she thinks he's hot  :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Michael Chandra on February 16, 2009, 06:39:50 AM
Not sure how fitting it would be if he'd corner her, slam her into a wall, explain to her the things he could do to her, and then go "but I won't", with the principle of that now she knows fear.

Mmm, fear. omnomnomnomnomnom.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sunblink

This can only end in rape.

I'm nthing the notion of "F***ING AWESOME!". Dan is kicking ass for once! :U

Dracora

As for the Demon Vs. Cubi thing...

Assuming the average cubi vs the average demon comes out about even... I'd think Dan has a pretty good advantage. Even untrained, he still has a LOT more power in his bloodline than the average cubi I thought. He probably can use a few different tricks that haven't been taught to him, not on purpose but rather by instinct. Further, I'm sure Regina isn't as powerful as DP was...

Also, umm, Demons <3 power right? Kria is gonna have a heart attack if she see's him intimidating Regina, I'm waiting to see if she'll pounce him again.

Arcblade

I would like to note that the angry Pip/Dan's wings heads are adorable.  

jo-shadow

Been ages since I've commented here, but with this I simply have to... This is just totally Bad-Ass. Never thought I'd see Dan this pissed, and it's giving me shivers i gotta say.

jo-shadow

That, and I love the contrast of her D: and the t-shirt's :D

thegayhare

That trope is badly overused, to the point that it has lost practically all of it's meaning. It has to do with the idea of someone who fights evil because the things that evil has done are WRONG, so it must be stopped. If, in the process of fighting that evil, the "good" person does exactly the same sort of things that the evil person did, isn't it then the job of someone else to say of the good person "no, this is wrong and he must be stopped"?

But it's been taken and abused, with characters saying "if you do X you will be just like me/him/her" even though X may have nothing in common with what the evil person did. If an villain plunders, rapes, and murders a whole town, the hero tracks the villain down, and just as he's about to kill the villian, the villain says "if you kill me, you'll be just like me." Za?? No. No, he will not. There are worlds of difference between the two. Yet a lot of fiction treats that as a valid argument, and teaches that as the moral lesson.
[/quote]

the venture brothers did an interesting take on this one, you know in a scene in the last season where  one of Dr Ventures sons found the Monarch raping ventures guard robot... It's complicated...

Dracora

I just noticed something neat. How long has the i-mow been on Jyrra's invention list on the Demonology 101 page? What's an i-mow? Does it play music? Does it dance? o_O

Mao

Quote from: Dracora on February 16, 2009, 09:10:48 AM
Also, umm, Demons <3 power right? Kria is gonna have a heart attack if she see's him intimidating Regina, I'm waiting to see if she'll pounce him again.

Umm, from what I understand Demons also have a strong sense of kinship so I think you might be surprised at how she takes it.  I rather doubt she'll be ecstatic, though given that they do value power I don't think she'll be too upset either.  If Regina is defeated it's because she wasn't strong enough.  Family or not.

Corgatha Taldorthar

I'm going to echo the chorus and say how totally badass Dan is right now. For me, the especially good touch is that little scratch on his left cheek, courtesy of one of the glasses I suppose. Face wounds sting, but a cut that small probably isn't debilitating. It's enough to annoy and cause pain, but not enough to stop a trained fighter or probably even slow him down.

About thoughts of Kria intervening, to be honest, I don't think she will. She's a subscriber to the whole "Might makes Right" system too, and I can't honestly see her caring all that much what Dan does to Regina, unless she possesses deeper feelings than she has shown so far. If Dan beats her, so be it.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Dracora

Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 16, 2009, 09:18:46 AM

Umm, from what I understand Demons also have a strong sense of kinship so I think you might be surprised at how she takes it.  I rather doubt she'll be ecstatic, though given that they do value power I don't think she'll be too upset either.  If Regina is defeated it's because she wasn't strong enough.  Family or not.

Hehe, the way I see it, intimidation is ok, so long as he doesn't attack her. That and pouncing may be her method of intervention. ^_^

Turnsky

Quote from: Dracora on February 16, 2009, 09:20:53 AM
Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 16, 2009, 09:18:46 AM

Hehe, the way I see it, intimidation is ok, so long as he doesn't attack her. That and pouncing may be her method of intervention. ^_^

now imagine what'll occur if Lorenda pops up

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on February 16, 2009, 09:40:23 AM
now imagine what'll occur if Lorenda pops up
Tricky one.  Dan's bleeding, and I think she probably knows Dan well enough (if only through Jyrras) to realise that he's not a psychopath.  i.e. he's been provoked.  (Also, she knows what Regina is like)

Magic

...nudge, nudge, nudge. The abyss keeps staring back into you. Inevitable, inevitable.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Lego3400

I find it odd that Dan actully has his headwings out and is useing his wing-tentcles to attack. For someone trying not to be a cubi he sure is acting like one here.  :erk
Then again, he could be useing it to his advantage and useing the old scare tactic. I dunno. It's still awsome  :boogie
Can't wait to see what happens next :eager

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lego3400 on February 16, 2009, 09:57:51 AM
I find it odd that Dan actully has his headwings out and is useing his wing-tentcles to attack. For someone trying not to be a cubi he sure is acting like one here.  :erk
It might not be entirely voluntary.  Either that or he's been secretly practising  :P

**EDIT**
Actually, what Aary did with the Godzilla thing might be enough for him to get basic voluntary control.

Lucheek

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 16, 2009, 10:39:25 AM
It might not be entirely voluntary.  Either that or he's been secretly practising  :P

**EDIT**
Actually, what Aary did with the Godzilla thing might be enough for him to get basic voluntary control.

Heh. I was going to say, "This is so unorthodox." ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

tiggertoo

Regina is showing her inexperience here -- her new plan can definitely be improved. Her best plan would be to piddle self *while* running.

I think Kria will only get involved if there is a threat of significant collateral damage to her home -- and then it will be more of a "Kids! Kids!! Take it outside!!!" sort of intervention.

rabid_fox

Anyone who's seen "Event Horizon", try reading Dan's lines in the voice Sam Neill delivers the "Where we're going..." line. Satisfaction guaranteed.

Oh dear.

Alterationartist

This all goes back to everything I've said. Dan owned DP (and given an unseen lifespan of an adventurer, many many more, but DP stands as arch-nemesis atm) when he was little more than seasoned adventurer being. Add SUPAH CUBI POWAHS(tm) into that mix and we have one capable of tearing up so much more face. Hence, Dan is a Keanu Reeves. Unless someone had the foresight to counter most of Dan's abilities and skills and his OVERWHELMING TENACITY, the battle would most definitely be an epic struggle.
Round 9!

Amber Williams

In regards to the choice of using piddle instead of piss...thats pretty much what it is: a choice. As shown before, I have used to the word piss before...so it would go to reason that my choice was not because I felt the need to censor, but because I felt it was better fitting for the character's personality.  While I fail many times, I try to give different characters different speech mannerisms from time to time.  As some peeps pointed out, Regina is in some ways a bit childish so it seemed more in character for her to use the word piddle than piss.

That and piddle is a hilarious word to say to me. Piddle piddle piddle. :U

Jairus

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 16, 2009, 11:46:51 AM
In regards to the choice of using piddle instead of piss...thats pretty much what it is: a choice. As shown before, I have used to the word piss before...so it would go to reason that my choice was not because I felt the need to censor, but because I felt it was better fitting for the character's personality.  While I fail many times, I try to give different characters different speech mannerisms from time to time.  As some peeps pointed out, Regina is in some ways a bit childish so it seemed more in character for her to use the word piddle than piss.

A justified Rule of Funny, in other words? Works for me!

Heh. Funny. When things get serious, you realize how mature and in-control Dan can be: he drops the immature and silly act and becomes a very serious person (I'm thinking of his fights with Aliph and The Talk with Jyrras, but there's also this moment). But Regina just reveals how immature and childish she is, and it really highlights Dan's own... crud, I can't think of the right word. Skills? Growth? Dangit, this'll come to me later and annoy me to no end.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Michael Chandra

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 16, 2009, 10:55:52 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on February 16, 2009, 10:39:25 AM

**EDIT**

Heh. I was going to say, "This is so unorthodox." ;-]
Not to mention he's been taught how to hide them. And he can make them go pacman! Wokka wokka!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Michael Chandra on February 16, 2009, 12:10:32 PM
Not to mention he's been taught how to hide them. And he can make them go pacman! Wokka wokka!
That was the headwings - the tentacles are probably more complex.

mopman

Rofl I just love her expression at the end there  :boogie
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Madmann135

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 16, 2009, 12:11:52 PM
Quote from: Michael Chandra on February 16, 2009, 12:10:32 PM
That was the headwings - the tentacles are probably more complex.

Wing tentacles work on the subconscious level. 
There is a lot of things you should take into consideration while dealing with Dan.  Off the bat he has impressive hand to hand and sword combat skills, he does not like to use magic but goes up against magic users and and came out on top in the past.
This leads me to believe that Dan has an impressive level of will and determination, learning to manipulate his wing tentacles by instinct is in all likely hood not a very difficult task for him.

...Lets not forget that the one warrior who Plays the fool voluntary is not the one to be messed with. 
Dan loves to have fun and lives each day as if it might be his last, but if you underestimate him you are in for a world of hurt.

I don't think Dan will kill Regina but instead scare her and beat the living day lights out of her.

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 16, 2009, 11:46:51 AM
In regards to the choice of using piddle instead of piss...thats pretty much what it is: a choice. As shown before, I have used to the word piss before...so it would go to reason that my choice was not because I felt the need to censor, but because I felt it was better fitting for the character's personality.  While I fail many times, I try to give different characters different speech mannerisms from time to time.  As some peeps pointed out, Regina is in some ways a bit childish so it seemed more in character for her to use the word piddle than piss.

Amber you succeed with your choice in what words to use.  The use of piddle over piss showed a lot in Regina's mind set and level of maturity.
This is an uneven fight of mind sets as a 20+ year old (Dan) is facing a -12 year old (Regina).

Somehow Dan's personality trait will eventually embrace his cubi heritage, it will take time as he learns the advantages of being a cubi.  I also predict that he will start to relearn magic and become proficient in it but that will take time as well [with his level of stubbornness I say ~20 years]. 
Dan is in his mindset a warrior.  Warriors tend to exploit any and every advantage they can find in combat.  With the addition of his cubi abilities Dan will gain a respect for them and embrace them, kinda like how he is doing right now.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.