02/06/09 [Abel 2 #43] - The Tour

Started by Jairus, February 05, 2009, 11:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on February 06, 2009, 06:17:08 AM
getting back on topic, this comic is about this guy after all:
Click for Larger Image
Nice rendition, if a little pallid-looking.  'Course, by posting it you run the risk of people talking about your pic instead of the comic, which is only slightly less off-topic  :P

Quote from: Kipiru on February 06, 2009, 06:34:13 AM
Actually I get reminded of this- damn, I still can't get over the fact that Hennya got killed, she didn't deserve it.
Sadly there isn't much correlation between dying and deserving it, in DMFA or anywhere else...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lucheek

Okay... the Incupus is adorable. Little tentacle ears...hehe, so very cute. x3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Daymond42 on February 06, 2009, 12:03:32 AM
Krystal can't enjoy her sandwich.... because the cubi got it instead. *nods sagely*
:boogie

How do you know that that isn't Krystal?

A different Krystal, granted, but...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lisky

any notice in the 3rd panel that it's a white wing, black tipped, and a black and white striped tail... off to the left... though the speech is coming from the other side...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Amber Williams

Ugh...this comic was a stress to draw because partway through my neck started to give me trouble.

Kipiru

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 06, 2009, 08:50:22 AM
Ugh...this comic was a stress to draw because partway through my neck started to give me trouble.

Your neck?! How exactly do you hold your pen?! :erk

Sorry, couldn't help myself at the possibility of a joke. But I understand your pain- tougher pics could get you quite a few aches!

Sunblink

Quote from: Kipiru on February 06, 2009, 09:01:24 AM
Your neck?! How exactly do you hold your pen?! :erk

If Amber's anything like me, she probably was tilting her head so that way she could draw at different angles. I have a tendency to do that, so my neck can hurt while I'm drawing too.

Lovely comic, either way. :3 I like the enormous group of Cubi and the effeminate lovesick fellow waving at Abel.

Jairus

Wait... what gender is that character? Noooo! She was in the thread and didn't answer! Why do you torment us so?! D:

Nah, just kidding. I'm sure it'll be revealed eventually.

Anyway, this can't be too long after the one where he tells 'Lina his decision, since he's still in his hospital clothes.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

thegayhare

The first thing I thought of is... "Is he eating eating a pickle sandwich?"

Himm I think I like this new cubi,  he's cute... I wonder if he's any relation to Zina Squid

rabid_fox

It's like a cheerful retelling of 'One Flew O'er the Cuckoo's Nest' with Abel wearing that straight-coat looking thing.

Guess which key isn't working on my laptop today, then?

Oh dear.

Ted Schiller

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on February 06, 2009, 09:21:58 AM
(snip) I like the enormous group of Cubi and the effeminate lovesick fellow waving at Abel.

He may be the genki kawaii child mascot.  He might be waving to the new person just because he is the friendly sort.

<_<   >_>

:sweatdrop

Well, he might be.

With regards,
Ted

Naldru

Well, fans are well known for being a pain in the neck.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

joshofspam

Hm, so cubi tend to stay with their own groups in the lunch rooms. Does this mean what feelings they eat, or do they have similar groups like we all did in high school?

It's fun to see all the differences and similarities to actual school they have there.  :P

I wonder where Abels group will be?  :ipod
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

thegayhare

Quote from: Ted Schiller on February 06, 2009, 11:27:02 AM

He may be the genki kawaii child mascot.  He might be waving to the new person just because he is the friendly sort.

*giggles*

friendly sort might not explaine all the little floating hearts though...

I wonder if cubi can actualy see emotions like that.  

If they ran into an angery person would they sort of see the hazy anger lines raidiating off them,  and if some one was in love would they spot little out of focus hearts circling there head?

Howl

Oh, and to the people saying "Octubus", impossible. An octopus style creature would (probably) be a mer, and mer can't have children with cubi (Source http://missmab.com/Demo/HG05.php), so he might be using a spell to shapeshift, or he's a mythos... I don't know anything about mythos', so I toss that out. (I hope he's shapeshifting)

And if you haven't figured it out yet, I say this because of the suction cup like things on him.

Jairus

Quote from: Minishear on February 06, 2009, 12:59:10 PM
Oh, and to the people saying "Octubus", impossible. An octopus style creature would (probably) be a mer, and mer can't have children with cubi (Source http://missmab.com/Demo/HG05.php), so he might be using a spell to shapeshift, or he's a mythos... I don't know anything about mythos', so I toss that out. (I hope he's shapeshifting)

And if you haven't figured it out yet, I say this because of the suction cup like things on him.
But Mer don't resemble octopi, they look like that spiny thing. It's most likely a Mythos Cubi. Like, a Kraken Cubi or something.

GabrielsThoughts

why is a female version of Dan wandering around in the SAIA cafeteria... is it time travel? purely coincidental? a relative?   
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Kipiru

Howl

Quote from: Jairus on February 06, 2009, 01:03:00 PM
Quote from: Minishear on February 06, 2009, 12:59:10 PM

But Mer don't resemble octopi, they look like that spiny thing. It's most likely a Mythos Cubi. Like, a Kraken Cubi or something.

I was trying to get the point "Cubi/Beings do not look like sea creatures" across. Then, maybe they do. I don't know.

Sunblink

Quote from: Minishear on February 06, 2009, 03:26:54 PM
I was trying to get the point "Cubi/Beings do not look like sea creatures" across. Then, maybe they do. I don't know.

To be very frank, it's probably a Mythos. But then again, anything that does not immediately resemble a certain race falls straight into the "Mythos" category for me since it makes the world a whole lot easier. :B

M

Awww, the sandwich cubi is just darling! *hearts hearts*

I was a bit confused by the gender, too, but at this point I'm assuming male because of the flat chestness.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Tycoon on February 06, 2009, 06:23:52 AM
Anyone flash back to this comic when noticing the tentacles? I'm particularly interested in what this cubi's reaction will be when Abel starts wearing skirts...

Isn't THAT cubi wearing a skirt...?  I know it's hard to tell but it looks like what Abel was wearing when we first saw him (not the same colors, though)....

Jer-oh-me

'Kay, this thread is totally bonkers... and I love it.

I'm fairly sure our new friend is male, perhaps he recognizes Abel from somewhere, or mayhaps he mis-recognizes him as someone else very similar looking, though that seems unlikely given Abel's rather unique appearance, but then... doesn't everyone in Amber's comic have a generally unique appearance?

I'm having difficulty determining whether those things on our new friend's head are horns or wings, though given where we are in the story's setting I'll have to be satisfied with calling them hornwings, *shrugs* perhaps my eyes are going.

Amber Williams

Pfft. You people think too much into things.

GODAMNIT MINK! GET BACK IN  YOUR BOX! >:O

Lisky

she's part girl, she's part boy, she's got parts everyone can enjoy... is she a mister or is she a miss, does she stand up when she's taking a p....
sorry, my roommate played the song the other day, and it seemed appropriate... (stephen lynch)

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 06, 2009, 09:09:32 PM

yessss... the ability to mess with heads when they do that is delicious..  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 06, 2009, 09:09:32 PM
(image here)
GODAMNIT MINK! GET BACK IN  YOUR BOX! >:O

*steals Mink. And the box*  :hug
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Danzig

I accidentally went into the "lusty siren tavern" section instead of here and clicked on "10/30/08 [CVRPG #884] - Uncomfortably gay..." thread and it took me a while to figure out that it wasn't about this Abel strip.

Jairus

Is Mink gonna turn out to be like Varsuuvius where you keep not telling us what the hell it is? Seriously, I'm really confused here.

Of course, it's species could be hermaphroditic...

EDIT: BTW, Amber, awesome drawing.