Shattered Innocence (OOC Thread) [M] )Closed(

Started by Noone, February 03, 2009, 02:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corgatha Taldorthar

I was going with the assumption that he cauterized the wounds and is free to wander around. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. I'm trying to narrate through Kedered, and his perceptions are a bit odd.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Lisky

alright, that's what i was hoping, but since it wasn't mentioned one way or the other, i thought i'd bring it up

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Corgatha Taldorthar

Again, kind of a long post. If somoene has any objections to what I did with Nicha, bring em up here, and I'll truncate the IC post.

Edit. Pssst. It's "Kedered" no "N". And what makes Garis think the other 'Cubi can't handle his end of a fight?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Lisky

sorry about the misspelling... as for the question about not being able to handle himself... Garis is far more worried about Nicha more than the fight... but if a fight does brake out, Kedered would horribly outnumbered and possibly killed if there's 3 or more additional demons... basically, the whole comment was garis trying to rationalize a reason, beyond his own physical attraction to the girl, to go outside...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Corgatha Taldorthar

Lisky

um... i thought i saw him on the other day, but who knows, i've been checking in for like 2 minute stints while taking a break from studying. so far all i know, it could have been something stuck in my head from my anat quiz tomorrow... now if you need to know about anatomy stuff... i can do that right now, figuring out where people are or whats up... not so much...

now if i had to take a guess... i'd say he's probably busy with work, or a little sick... the flu seems to be running rampant this year

Tipod

Schoolwork's been pretty heavy over the last few days, particularly calculus. If I'm ever slow, then it's safe to assume I've got a project/homework taking up my focus.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Noone

I understand entirely.
At any rate, I'll probably move time along a bit faster in the next post, going to night time and then to the next morning if no interactions occur. I'll probably have a post up later today, maybe 7:00, but it depends on how my SE meeting goes.

Edit: I'll probably update tomorrow, turns out one of my partners didn't do their share and I ended up getting stuck with it. :/.

Lisky

after re-reading the last few posts, i have the urge to have garis call dibs on not watching kassin... not quite his character yet hilarious.... I'm also guessing it's pretty well assumed that he's going to be playing watch for the demoness anyways...

Azlan

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on February 15, 2009, 06:33:59 PM
after re-reading the last few posts, i have the urge to have garis call dibs on not watching kassin... not quite his character yet hilarious.... I'm also guessing it's pretty well assumed that he's going to be playing watch for the demoness anyways...

Slipping back into D&D... you would be the last one I would want on watch with the demoness.  We are at the genesis point of a group here.   In terms of character perspective, you are developing a closer bond to her than the rest of the "party" and Ty is very aware of this even if he doesn't show it.

Thought this might be important:  Ty's mind is very alien as he thinks more like an elemental being than an angel.  As such, I will not be doing many inner monologues or "thought" posts unless he deliberately goes out of his way to think normally... in which case, I will post it and I consider that fair game for the mind readers.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Ghostwish

Well now why haven't I noticed this thread before? Silly me.

Are we still open to characters?

Noone

This RP still is open. Feel free to PM a character to me or to post one here if you want to join up.
Getting a new character into the group would take a bit of creativity on my part, meeting up at another wrecked inn gets a bit old after a second, much less third one. I'll see what I can do though, in such a case.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Someone drops out of the sky? Caught by a band of gypsys? Tied to a tree and left to rot? On the run from a band of goblins, and dashes past/into the camp?

The possibilities are endless...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Corgatha Taldorthar

Yes, but how many of them are plausible? With our party, we'd probably mug and leave half of those possibles in a ditch somewhere.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Double post, but this one is semi-justified (I think) Kobra, you might want to put in a line of asterisks or something to indicate that you're changing the perspective of narration. The jump from Kassin to Nicha was a bit disorienting.

Noone

Lisky

Corgatha, with our party, we'd probably be playing soccer with their severed head in most of the situations llearch suggested... lets just be honest and admit we've got an eclectic group of strangers, ranging from bizarre, to down right psychotic...

Azlan

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on February 16, 2009, 11:14:25 PM
Corgatha, with our party, we'd probably be playing soccer with their severed head in most of the situations llearch suggested... lets just be honest and admit we've got an eclectic group of strangers, ranging from bizarre, to down right psychotic...

I hope they carry good lootz...

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Azlan on February 16, 2009, 11:47:45 PM
Quote from: Basilisk2150 on February 16, 2009, 11:14:25 PM

I hope they carry good lootz...

But if we're doing this for the money, there are far simpler ways of relieving passers-by of their possessions without resorting to slaughter. Think of it this way. If you mug someone but leave them alive, they'll get more stuff you can steal from them

Azlan

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on February 17, 2009, 12:07:52 AM

But if we're doing this for the money, there are far simpler ways of relieving passers-by of their possessions without resorting to slaughter. Think of it this way. If you mug someone but leave them alive, they'll get more stuff you can steal from them

Nah, I was just thinking of an after effect of slaughter... wasn't really considering long term predation.  It just would be nice for them to have some good stuff, kind of like a bonus :)

Noone

Well, it's a bit more complicated than just simply gluing them along. Something happened at the Willow that makes the PCs special, and no, I didn't specify what(They'll find out a good deal later). If new characters are to join up, I would have to re-create that condition in a less-than-conspicuous fashion.

I'm sure I could do it though.

Lisky

well, if we got someone waiting, assuming you have a plan... we should probably try and hurry up to get them a chance to get involved... i dunno if anyone else has complaints, but that's my thinking at the moment...

Noone

Yeah... I figure he wouldn't be able to join at where you guys are now. I've been a bit busy though, which is why I haven't updated today. I'll try to get something up tonight if possible, for now, it's back to my econ assignment.

Lisky

haha, if you need some help let me know, i got an A- in macro, and i've got a solid 98% so far in micro...

oh, also as a side note, you have no idea how hard it was to not have garis think 'bow chicka bow wow' at some point

Noone

Well, transition made, I figured it was time to move on, so... it's morning now. Whomever was sleeping can wake up now.

Redeyessoul

A character for your consideration, if this isn't what you had in mind to continue on the rp then just let me know, also I would call dibs on literally falling out of the sky if that's cool.

Name:  Kor-Kor Kshar Ent

Race: Mythos / Cubi

Age: ???? (It's suppose to be a mystery but I'll tell all OOC like upon request)

Physical Description: This Cubi is the product of much confusion.  Scales and Feathers.  Think Quetzaquatl-taur, though Kshar is not restricted to using only two sets of legs or arms, they can easily crawl about centipede like or stand on the last two legs to suppose three sets of arms.  However this Mythos base came with an extra set of arms.  Four arms, four legs, green scaly body with feathered joints and mane.  Feathers are rainbow, staring at white and running the course through yellow, orange, red and ending in green tips.  The wings are primarily indigo with blue primary feathers.  It's hands and feet are the same, each with three phalanges that end in retractable claws.  It's tail ends in a split and changes from the green of the main body to a purple and then pink at the tips.  The tail is featherless through some manner of injury, the purple and pink are ragged examples of scar tissue (not what color it is naturally).  It's eyes are two different colors, one solid gold (and none too natural looking), one is gifted with a green red split.  The Cubi Tentacles end in eyeless mouths full of teeth.  Though they have a clan marking it is hidden at the base of the neck in the mane, even they haven't seen it. *EDITED DESCRIPTION*

All and all a very colorful character  :mowtongue

Possessions: Pouch on belt between last set of "arms" and first set of "legs".  Filled with .. feathers, white down.  A few gold coins.  A jar of salve, numbing sensation when applied, unpleasant to eat.

Abilities: As a cubi Kshar can read minds, feed off of emotions, use some limited magic (with an affinity for healing), and assume a secondary form (having not attained the awesome power of shape shifting).  As a Mythos Kshar suffers in the hands of poisons but laughs in the face of lower class magic.  Thankfully there is also a magical sort of regeneration that is blessing most Cubi and Mythos.  As a Cubi their affinity for emotions circle around Love and Camaraderie. *EDIT DESCRIPTION*

The secondary form is of a Being in the manner of a white cat / angel with blue eyes.  This form, however, is female and very fluffy.  Her hair and tail are especially so, even to the point of distraction as he enjoys the fluff of her second form. This form is completely white except for the clan marking at the base of the neck in blue.  *EDITED DESCRIPTION*

Biography: Kor-Kor Kshar Ent is a Mythos Cubi shunted.  They will awake in an alley (or just fall from the sky) without much memory of self, only a few clues, such as the confusion of a name and the pouch with stuff in it.  Though there is someone looking for them, that much is certain, a dark shadow in it's mind insists that something is missing and that someone should suffer.  (look out amnesia haters).

Personality: Friendly and vicious.  Friendly to those who are friendly first, and vicious as the need calls for it.  Mostly Kor-Kor will be Confused and follow like a puppy at first, after a time or two of getting some memories this will change to a caring and sometimes sad individual.  And then we'll see where that takes us

Strengths and Weaknesses: Hard to kill, but not hard to confuse.  Example: Epic fight, continued smashy will not kill, Kor-kor starts to get the upper hand and then the enemy calls out in distress, "ow my foot!" after tripping backwards.  Suddenly Kor-Kor losses interest in fighting and wants to help.  Fairly gullible, without much memory of experience the poor thing is going to have a hard lesson or two in the beginning.  Hard to beat a creature with ten limbs in physical combat however (before the tentacles), and this is probably the only thing that they have going for them.

Color: Orange EDITED!

Ghostwish

And here's one already approved by our dear The1Kobra.

Name: Zanfib Black
Race: Being (Ringtail)
Height: 5ft 9in,
Weight: 160 pounds

Appearance: Black overcoat with a white undercoat, he could be mistaken for a skunk if not for his distinctive tail, a furry length as long as he is tall, and banded with alternating strips of white and black. His eyes are sharp violet, a color just as unusual as his fur coloration. His build is slim, supple and athletic, and he keeps his fur near immaculate, giving a soft texture, and shiny sheen. He is typically dressed in simple and functional cloth, favoring colors that match his fur pattern.  He usually has a backpack with him, in which he stows his traveling gear, but he carries no visible weapons.

Abilities: Zanfib is a psion, a master of the mind. This does not mean he is limited to mere mind-tricks, oh no, it means that Zanfib has a gift, the ability to directly exert his will upon reality, instead of through arcane, divine, or more mundane reasons. The energy to supply such powers comes his mind, body, reflexes, intellect, wisdom, and spirit, and he may occasional draw power from different sources, but they are otherwise entirely internal. He specializes in the art of assaulting his foes with blasts of raw energy, erecting barriers around himself, and moving about through psionic means (Flight and teleportation). However, he also has a considerable level of skill in telepathy, and a number of other psionic fortes.  

History: Hailing from Astaraa, Zanfib was mistaken for a budding mage early on, and was sent to an arcane academy. However, after showing no aptitude for the arcane arts what-so-ever, and often fouling the spell-casting of experienced mages by intercepting their concentration, the head mage of the school identified him for what he was, and had him sent away to far more suitable tutor, another psion. Zanfib spent quite a good amount of time under the tutelage of the elder psion, but was eventually told that they only way to truly master the mind was to expand it, and that was done through travel, seeing the world, and learning. And that is what set Zanfib on his travels initially, although he has taken to a bit of adventuring since.

Color = Purple

Noone

Redeyessoul:
Age: ???? (It's suppose to be a mystery but I'll tell all OOC like upon request)

Just a note, you probably don't want to keep secrets about your character from the DM. If you want to keep stuff secret from the other players, you can PM me the additional info, I don't really see how gender would be a mystery though, considering differences in appearance.
That goes for his biography as well, does he(she/it/whatever?) have a biography that the character doesn't know about? If so, you should PM it to me if you don't want the other players knowing about it, I'll keep it secret. However, I would require such information, in case an event in the plot happens which might cause some odd contradiction with his past. If you don't, that's okay, you can make it up as you go along, I suppose...

What's his emotional affinity?

On his personality:
What are his views towards creature/being issues? Does he tend to view beings as equal to himself or inferior?
How would he react towards someone who helped him? To someone who saved his life? Would he feel indebted to said person?

Also, could you give a bit more detail on what his second form looks like?

Lastly, could you select a color? This is used in case I need to put something in a post that only your character would notice. (Blue, Green, Yellow, Red, and Purple have been taken).

For getting you in the group, I think for convenience's sake, I'll put you in the same place as Ghostwish's character when he joins up, I'll PM you the details later. (The setting of course, may depend on some of the questions I asked)

Ghostwish:
Everything is in order, if this goes smoothly, you should be able to hop in soon.

Lisky

soo... how are we going to thwart basi's attempt to take this party to hell in a hand basket tonight gang?  :mowhappy