01/26/09 [DMFA #966] - Sammich!

Started by Corgatha Taldorthar, January 25, 2009, 11:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger_T

Quote from: Alterationartist on January 26, 2009, 08:16:00 PM

3 Most certainly doesn't know he's a cubi

3 - Maybe because he isn't. He's an undead. :P
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Baal Hadad

Leave it to Amber to make the undead cute.  That expression in the middle panel reminds me so much of Hannah from the flashback.  You know, where she was putting herself back together?  Here?  Specifically the middle panel.

[insert name]

Well somebody's been reading too much MS Paint Adventures. :c
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Howl

Quote from: Tiger_T on January 26, 2009, 08:50:29 PM
Quote from: Alterationartist on January 26, 2009, 08:16:00 PM

3 Most certainly doesn't know he's a cubi

3 - Maybe because he isn't. He's an undead. :P
\

Um... He meant "Devin doesn't know Abel is a cubi"

Tyranastrasz

Unless they've met or been mentioned to one another some time over the past 3 and 3/4 centuries...

Tipod

Am I the only person who saw Devin and thought of D-Tritus from Scrapland?  :B
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Tipod on January 27, 2009, 12:35:35 AM
Am I the only person who saw Devin and thought of D-Tritus from Scrapland?  :B

probably
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Jer-oh-me

I'm willing to bet undead Devin is aware of Abel's cubihood, after all he was just through that surreal is it a dream or a haunting sequence in Abel's story. And we obviously don't know what Fi may or may not have told him since running across him.

Isn't it interesting how similar Devin and Abel are characterized? I wonder if Abel obfuscates Devin's personality, or has been aping it all these years? All kinds of interesting conundrums rolling around my noggin thanks to this guy.

Jairus

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on January 27, 2009, 01:28:23 AM
I'm willing to bet undead Devin is aware of Abel's cubihood, after all he was just through that surreal is it a dream or a haunting sequence in Abel's story. And we obviously don't know what Fi may or may not have told him since running across him.

Isn't it interesting how similar Devin and Abel are characterized? I wonder if Abel obfuscates Devin's personality, or has been aping it all these years? All kinds of interesting conundrums rolling around my noggin thanks to this guy.
Well, that dream was just Destania screwing with Abel's mind. Nothing more complicated than one of Abel's future teachers playing on his fears and dreams and desires for what could have been and using it to force Abel to confront the issue at hand.

However, it is worth noting that one of the last things Devin saw before getting killed was Abel's headwings. If he did have his memory intact, he might have eventually figured it out. Of course, he doesn't have his memories, so that's a dead end.

As for the similarity of their personalities... I think Abel is mimicking Devin to a certain degree. Or it might just be a defensive measure to keep people at a distance... but since he has befriend Jy and is now on more-or-less even footing with Dan, that may not be what's happening.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on January 27, 2009, 01:28:23 AM

That wasn't really Devin with Abel, it was Destania. Fi would be more interested in what snacks are available than telling Abel's life story to someone he has no reason to connect with Abel.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Samuel Coleridge-Taylor - Violin Concerto (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen