[Music] Goatmusic - Updated - 12/30 - Banjo Kazooie!

Started by Goatmon, July 19, 2008, 06:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goatmon

In the last few months I've been dabbling in musical stuff.  Mostly Mario Paint works, but my interest in that has started to fade, since I acquired my first ocarina at the start of August.

I've been putting up my musical nonsense on youtube, and since I started uploading ocarina music I decided to expand this thread to include those as well.

As always, anyone with an opinion (be it good or bad) is welcome to post it, within reason.  I crave feedback, and any comments from you guys can help quite a bit to keep me motivated

In order from newest to oldest; (Also, I'll be updating the OP whenever I upload something new to youtube.)

Mario Paint Composer

Motzhand's Requiem/The Haunted Church (Banjo Kazooie)New!

Doug (Nickelodeon)
SWAT Kats (Hannah Barbera)
John Carpenter's Halloween
Hello (Evanescence)
Dare To Be Stupid (Weird Al)
Alone (Naruto)
Particle Man (They Might Be Giants)
Misirlou (Pulp Fiction)
Sally's Song (The Nightmare Before Christmas)

Ocarina

May It Be (Enya)
America the Beautiful
This Is Halloween (Nightmare Before Christmas, Danny Elfman)
Zelda Medley #1
Lon Lon Ranch Duet (Ocarina of Time)
Whistlestop (Disney's Robin Hood) - Updated!
My Neighbor Totoro (The Ending Song)
Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood (Mister Rogers' Neighborhood) 
Winnie The Pooh
Song of Time (Ocarina of Time)
Lon Lon Ranch (Ocarina of Time, and my half of a upcoming duet)

Tapewolf

Good stuff, given that the sequencer seems to have a fairly limited set of timbres.
Of the two songs I knew, Particle Man was the only one I knew note-for-note.
It was rather cute what you did with the bridge/ending, flattening it slightly which made it sound sinister instead of jolly.  Was that deliberate, or an accident?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Goatmon

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 19, 2008, 06:57:03 PM
Good stuff, given that the sequencer seems to have a fairly limited set of timbres.
Of the two songs I knew, Particle Man was the only one I knew note-for-note.
It was rather cute what you did with the bridge/ending, flattening it slightly which made it sound sinister instead of jolly.  Was that deliberate, or an accident?

I was just following the sheet music.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Goatmon on July 19, 2008, 06:58:33 PM
I was just following the sheet music.
Ah.  Apparently that differs from the album version.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Goatmon

Apparently.

Although that didn't occur to me until after I'd already finished it.

James StarRunner

Definitely will have to point yakanaj to the Naruto song (she's a Narutard. :P)

And now I really want to hear "Dare to be Stupid again. XD"

Goatmon

The thread has been changed to an overall music thread.

This is because in early August I got ahold of a 12-hole clay tenor Ocarina from stlocarina.com and I've been having loads of fun with it.

So, submitted for your approval, here's two recordings I've uploaded so far.  :)

The first is standalone that I put together after just a cuople takes, while the second is only my half of a duet with a buddy on Youtube will be accompanying me with guitar.  I'll update the thread if/when he gets around to adding his half. :P

Song of Time (Ocarina of Time)
Lon Lon Ranch (Ocarina of Time, and my half of a upcoming duet)

techmaster-glitch

Goatmon

Most Ocarinas aren't very large.  Sweet potatos;  The sort that I'm using, the largest type of Ocarinas that I know of, and the most popular thanks to Ocarina of Time, only get so big. 

The one I'm using is a Tenor, which is the smaller size just above bass.  Bass, being the largest size most crafters will make, is the biggest you'll find for the most part. 

Jairus

I've never really had time to learn to play a musical instrument, but my great-grandmother had an old ocarina in her house: I could barely get my fingers to fit on it. It certainly is a fascinating instrument, and the Song of Time sounds wonderful. As for Winnie the Pooh... nostalgia right there. I used to watch those movies all the time.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

James StarRunner

James StarRunner

I totally have to get me one of those. It's been a loooong time since I saw that show. I still remember the trolley.

Goatmon

I tell you what; I'll make an Ocarina thread to get you started. 

Jairus

Aw man... does that bring back memories. I haven't watched that movie in years... my favorite part was the big fight scene at the archery tournament because Robin had a sword. Yes, I really liked scenes with swords in them when I was a kid. I should see if my folks still have that old VHS. Thanks for posting that, it sounds great!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Goatmon

My pleasure. :)

Whenver I get a double chambered ocarina, I'll probably record it again properly, with the second part of the melody, instead of repeating the first one.  It's a lower key than the whistle, however, so it wouldn't be as good if I tried it with my 12-hole Tenor.

Goatmon

Lon Lon Ranch Duet (Ocarina of Time) With an excellent guitar accopmaniment by an online associate. =)

Also, here's a revisit for Whistlestop.

Goatmon

This Is Halloween (Nightmare Before Christmas, Danny Elfman)

(adding this to the thread a little late, oh well!)

Goatmon