Furrae Chronicles: Webs of Destiny (OOC) [M] {2} - Closed

Started by Gareeku, July 12, 2006, 01:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareeku

Paladin Sheppard

Heh bring it on...unless anyone(cubi) wants to poke thier noses into Ephrael's dreams..

RJ

Tapewolf

Yeah, cut to morning.  I'd pondered entering Eph's dreams, but it would have meant collaborating or inventing her innermost thoughts and there's the risk of Jakob letting slip that he's 'cubi.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Paladin Sheppard

Gareeku

It's morning in the RP! Rise and shine everyone! :3

Also...where the hell is Xze?

Arcalane

Quote from: Gareeku on October 30, 2006, 03:12:10 PM
It's morning in the RP! Rise and shine everyone! :3

Also...where the hell is Xze?

AFAIK Xze dropped out because she couldn't keep up with it all, apparently. *shrug*

Gabi

Couldn't she make one last post to explain her character's absence?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Maybe she wandered off during the night..

Hilary

Sorry if I'm not around as much in the near future... it's not going to be bad enough for me to need to drop out completely, though. Life issues... you know. Stuff. Hope I'll be able to be around more soon.

Paladin Sheppard

Thats ok Hilary you look after yourself ok?

Been quite a space between posts people are still going with this right?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on November 05, 2006, 01:59:23 AM
Been quite a space between posts people are still going with this right?

Yeah, well unfortunately I'm being more reactive than proactive and at the moment there isn't a lot to react to.  I was kind of hoping for an answer to the 'how far is it to the temple now' question as well..

RJ

Blaze isn't much the interactive sort for this kind of situation...  :animesweat

Tapewolf

Who is still with the group and what are they, race-wise?
Jay/Jakob is a 'cubi, Gabi is also spell-capable, Blaze is another 'cubi.
Anzimani is a phoenix so presumably spell-capable.  I'm simply confused about Gareeku since the FC story leaves his abilities up in the air.  Xze is/was a 'cubi but appears to have left.  Supercheese' character is a Being but it looks kind of like he's silently vanished too.

Note on my post:
Foolishly I forgot to mention the jewels during character creation, hence a little extra work to create a substitute.  They appeared in the FC story and will debut in the next episode of 'Chronicles of Jakob Pettersohn'.  Hopefully we won't need them anyway, but I guess we'll have to see.

Gabi

Gabi's spell-capable, but the only offensive spell she can use in her furre form is a stun spell which doesn't even affect really powerful opponents. It may work against common bandits, though. That, limited telekinesis, weak light spells, fixing spells, magic detection and healing spells are the only spells she has successfully cast in her normal form in the past. She could try an invisibility spell, if someone gives her a few tips, but she's never tried it so far, so it may not work.

Hilary

The bottom line with Anzimani's spell skill is that she has the potential to be rather powerful, but she hasn't had anyone to teach her how to use the magic. She also hasn't had acess to any large libraries, so she's learning everything from experience. One of her goals while traveling is to gain knowlege about her powers.

Her powers are basically unchanged in her feline form, except that shape-changing drains her a little, temporarily. She's practiced shifting, so that her stamina has built up and it doesn't leave her completely defenseless, as it does with many of her species.

RJ

I may as well repost Blaze's abilities in case anyone needs to know...:

Wide knowledge of fire magic, and some knowledge in other elemental types, powerful fire magic and knows most other elemental magic, elemental proof (although powerful water magic may work), large magical stamina.

And although he does know the basics of shapeshifting and basic cubi skills, he's pretty sketchy on the advanced stuff.

Tapewolf

Whether invisibility or concealment is the way to go depends on whether we're having a nice safe journey to the temple, or another fraught day.
It also depends on which route Arc took, since it is quite possible he has carved a nice, safe path through the bandits for the party to follow.

**EDIT**
Gareeku's the alpha, so I guess it's up to him to decide.  And I'd still like to know who's still present (I don't remember SuperCheese actually dropping out, maybe I should ask him)

Arcalane

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 06, 2006, 06:28:21 AMIt also depends on which route Arc took, since it is quite possible he has carved a nice, safe path through the bandits for the party to follow.

Or he stealthed it like the ninjacat he may or may not be. I'll let Gareeku decide on that, Arc has no obligations to be making it safer for you people. >:3

Gabi

JP and I tried to post at the same time. I translated that into the game as speaking at the same time.

Hilary

Here's the list of everyone, I think (In alphabetical order, pardon my O/C-ness):

Gabi
Gareeku
Hilary - Anzimani
Paladin - Ephrael
RJ - Blaze
Sheridan - Arc
Tapewolf - Jakob
James will likely be joining in as a background character later.

I'm unsure about Supercheese. He's probably not in anymore, but just making sure...

If I missed you, please don't kick me! :animesweat

Tapewolf

By my reckoning the party is armed thusly:
Gareeku: Katana
Ephrael: Bow, dagger
Anzimani: Dagger
Gabi: Two knives
Blaze: Fireball
Jakob: Fireball, Stun, other offensive magic

Note that Blaze and Jakob are also able to fight with their wing tentacles if they so choose.  Whether Blaze goes in for that sort of thing is unclear, and Jakob is unlikely to want to unless things get desperate since it would blow his current cover as a demon.

Arc is of course armed to the teeth, but he's not exactly a party member per se and he's probably halfway to the temple by now.

Gabi has two knives but looking at the rest of her possessions they're more likely for general use than combat.  While the normally-placid vixen going into a berserk rage with a pair of kitchen knives is an amusing mental image, it probably wouldn't help against a hundred bandits :P

RJ

Nah, Blaze only does that as a last resort- he's rather heavy on the magic. He also knows other elemental magic, but he mainly uses fire since that's his best.

Gareeku

Gareeku is a weilder of magic; mainly light magic, though he can use other types of magic, such as fire and ice.

Tapewolf

I'm sure Gareeku has an answer to that one.  I'm just not sure how to handle Jakob if he has to kill someone.  His little hangup about life being sacred and all...  >:3

Tapewolf

Okay, my last post to the RP was, frankly, crap.  So I've edited it.  This is all Jakob's private internal monologue so I don't see any side-effects.
If anyone wants me to revert it, let me know.

Gabi

JP, you've made me laugh... admittedly, that's not a hard thing to do, but still.

One of Gabi's knives can be used for combat. The other one is basically a kitchen knife, so I wouldn't rely on it. In any case, it's never a good idea to leave Gabi to fight alone.

Tapewolf

In the original FC story, Jakob expresses his belief that Warp-Aci don't seem to be able to go somewhere unless they know where it is.
Jakob doesn't know whether Li has been to the temple, but she probably hasn't, which would scupper his suggestion.

It was, after all, a last-ditch attempt by Jakob to worm his way out of fighting.  But given what he's done as Johan Cross, I'm not sure you can blame him for wanting to be a pacifist...

Gabi

I wouldn't blame anyone for that. Nor would my character.

Hilary

Anzimani has a sword as well, but she rarely uses it, as she's kind of awkward with swords in battle. She carries it for other reasons: firstly, it's good for intimidating wimpy bullies; second, it's good for hacking through, um, stuff that needs to be hacked; and third, she can store a small amount of power in the hilt for use after transformations, in case she's feeling particularly exhausted.

It's also very pretty. :paranoid

To use the magical power of quotes:
Quote from: Hilary on July 22, 2006, 01:28:18 PM
In her belt, she carries a matching dagger and sword, each with a black wire-wrapped hilt and an iridescent black and green stone pommel.