Furrae Chronicles: Webs of Destiny (OOC) [M] {2} - Closed

Started by Gareeku, July 12, 2006, 01:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suwako

Quote from: Gareeku on November 10, 2004, 06:41:08 PM

As Gabi said, the character can be cheerful, optimistic etc, just so long as they're believable and fit in with the world of Furrae.  ^.^

I still need to think of a suitable story for this, but its great to see so much interest! I'm flattered! :mowhappy

Well the story shouldn't be a problem you're a fanfict writer and all
  :mowsmile I really need to think of the charater I'm going to use... I can't just bash Nero into everything  :mowtongue

RJ

Well then, I'd be happy to try and take a crack at an RP. I haven't in a while now and I think I'm rusty. Hm, I might even try to RP as Blaze... he needs lovin' too X3

Gareeku

Nikki

wait a sec...is this gonna be one of them GM-moderated, attack power, hp points, weapons things RP?

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Gareeku

No. There is going to be NO hp, ap, money restrictions etc. It will be basically like a joint story between us all, to put it basically. I'll expand on it later. :mowwink

Gabi

I like joint stories. That may make things harder in a way... Everyone should have a measure of their character's traits abilities and everyone else's as well, and there's a high risk of god-moding, but I hope everyone in this game will be serious enough to at least try to keep it coherent.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Nikki

Quote from: Gareeku on July 17, 2006, 05:54:57 PM
No. There is going to be NO hp, ap, money restrictions etc. It will be basically like a joint story between us all, to put it basically. I'll expand on it later. :mowwink
*Pounces and luffs* THANK YOUUUUUUUU!!!! *cuddles*

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Supercheese

Sounds like this will be as cool or better than the 8-author collaborative story I'm part of on another forum! (for some reason, that sentence's grammar bugs me, but I'm too lazy to re-write it)

BlackJokerFox

Perhaps BJ in his new role as a street mage could make an appearance  :kruger

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gareeku on July 17, 2006, 05:54:57 PM

In that case, I would probably be able to hold my own,assuming I can write quickly enough.  That and everyone else seems to be rusty :)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Nikki

i need the practice cuz most of my frind on MSNM are complaining that i don't RP enough anymore ;-;

Gareeku

The plot summary and rules for the RP are now up on the first post of this thread.

Netami

Gareeku

Yup, sure is.

You can also submit your characters now, by the way. >.>

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gareeku on July 12, 2006, 01:29:01 PM
1 (and prehaps the most important, in my opinion). NO POWERGAMING OR GODMODING. By not placing any rules such as HP, AP etc., I'm trusting you guys to create a character who has strengths, but who also has weaknesses. If i see people creating characters that are all powerful and can do anything, I will not be amused and severe burninating will commence.

Very sensible.  One of the things I was worrying about Jakob was that he was a bit too powerful, but OTOH, his actual combat ability is pretty basic, in fact he isn't even armed (recall that his strategy when dealing with the Tree Woman was based on stealth - other people ended up doing the fighting).  And squeamishness does not a warrior make.
I was not planning to give Jakob my ridiculous fear of fungi, on the other hand it's hard to choose something which I can do that he can't.

Now, a couple of questions.

Remembering that I've not done this before and what you're suggesting seems more like a collaborative story than a full-fledged RP game, what quantity of text are you expecting per 'turn'?  I ask mainly because I have a nice scenario about Jakob in his office at SAIA, which I haven't been able to use anywhere yet, and it would make a nice intro for him.  It's a bit long, though - roughly as long as a chapter of FC.
If I skip the details of his funding and save it for later, that would cut it in half.  It would make a nice lead-in for his being summoned, if it isn't too long.

If this is more of a story than a game, what's the policy on editing?  (I can see that editing in a game would really mess things up, but this isn't really a game, right?)

Gareeku

In answer to your question about the length of the posts, in all honesty i prefer quality over quantity. Obviously dont make your posts 1 or 2 sentences long, but you dont have to write an essay if you don't feel like it. Its up to you guys.

In answer to your question about editing, the idea that's being in my head for a little while now is that i'll let all you guys do your posts, then i'll put up my post. Obviously i'm not really keen of you guys basically re-writing your posts :P but editing i don't mind.

Netami

This is essentially the same thing I did with the BH RP awhile ago. It wasn't an RP, just more of a bunch of people making a story. It got really hard to handle on the forum, so it became more of just us meeting in AIM and writing chapters together. Dunno how you'll handle this one, unless you're sort of pointing things in a direction as a DM.

Gareeku

I'll be pointing the rp in a direction like a DM, yes.

Anyways, off to work I go. Ho hum.

Gabi

Sorry, I'm a bit confused with the dates. I see this takes place 2 years after Furrae Chronicles, but how long before/after the current date in the comic is that?

Also, if we are to write dialogues, which I assume we will, shoulw we post one line each, or try to contact the other person somehow, write the full dialogue and then post it? I'm not comfortable with the idea of writing other people's lines without their consent.

Is there a form to join? In other words, what do you need to know about our characters before the game starts?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on July 20, 2006, 07:14:19 AM
Sorry, I'm a bit confused with the dates. I see this takes place 2 years after Furrae Chronicles, but how long before/after the current date in the comic is that?

It's current with the comic.  Realistically that would probably mean staying far away from the Lost Lake area and a fairly tight area of interest to avoid conflicting with the strip.  (Is there a paranoia smiley?)

As for your other questions, I'd like to know too - I'm waiting for someone else to submit their character first :)

*EDIT*
With the sections I've contributed to Furrae Chronicles, I've done smalltalk alone when I'm fairly sure how the other member would react.  Where I wasn't sure or wanted to do something fairly extreme like stunning Ryn, I've submitted a draft to the people involved.
With this, it might mess things up unless we can send a 'wait!' command in the control thread, since someone else might post something in the interim that interferes with the dialogue chunk in progress.  I'm not sure how that's usually handled, as I said, I've never done this before.

RJ

If I join, I'm confused about what character I'd use ^_^; Haha, I have so many locked away in my cupboard.

Azlan

I'd recommend adding the basic rules of:

Attempt all actions, do not just do.  Give involved types a chance to respond.  (You may need to add a bit to this one... to avoid the Steven Seagal types)

Do not auto/post for other characters without permission.

They are basic and should be something most already know... but unless stated, sometimes they are conveinently missed by zealous players.  The unified rules will probably take care of this, but it never hurts.

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Netami

Actually it wouldn't be current comic date. Chronicles took place two years before the comic started AKA 2 B.C.

The current DMFA strip takes place in 6 A.C. (since the comic was launched in 2000 and it is now 2006), but two years after 2 B.C. would be 0 A.D. AKA the year of the first story arcs of DMFA.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Netami on July 20, 2006, 03:28:46 PM
The current DMFA strip takes place in 6 A.C. (since the comic was launched in 2000 and it is now 2006), but two years after 2 B.C. would be 0 A.D. AKA the year of the first story arcs of DMFA.
DMFA isn't locked to realtime.  It might skip a bit here and there to maintain rough sync, but it's not 6AC simply because it's 6 years since the comic started.

The SAIA arc, for example began early May 2005, and ended mid-January 2006.  However, it only lasted about 2 days DMFA-time.  Notwithstanding continuity breaks like the start of the DvP arc, the 'Discord' arc and a few more where an unknown amount of time has passed, the whole of DMFA could fit within a few months.

Netami

Probably, and I havent really researched anything regarding the timeline after the comic started (details aren't as concrete, as you've pointed out). Regardless of your point, Gareeku's stories DID take place two years before the start of the comic, and two years after IS the start of the comic, which is the time you'll be playing. Unless Gareeku was confused on the timeline too.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Netami on July 20, 2006, 03:45:53 PM
Regardless of your point, Gareeku's stories DID take place two years before the start of the comic, and two years after IS the start of the comic, which is the time you'll be playing.

Yeah, I misread what you were saying there - I thought you were claiming otherwise :)

Nikki

yu mean i gotta have a weakness for Xze?  :erk i don't know how to come up with weaknesses! the only one i've thought of is the fact that she has no weapons and no armor...

Gareeku

Quote from: Xze-Xze on July 20, 2006, 07:08:54 PM
yu mean i gotta have a weakness for Xze?  :erk

Er...yes. I'm not having people create characters who can get themselves out of any situation, fears nothing, is all powerful both offensively and defensively etc etc. I want people to have believable characters.

Nikki

Gareeku

Sorry! X3 i guess i'm just a little cranky from work. Bosses suck. D: *cuddles*