Anyone out there into anime?

Started by silentassassin, October 10, 2008, 02:12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Of Hearts

Started watching another series...

BLACK LAGOON

I cant believe I missed this particular gem back in 06.

Its like watching a crass, modern era Cowboy Bebop. Its the story of a bunch of pirates as they work their asses on the mean south east asian seas, holding up ships, delivering contraband, and most other Black Market jobs.

So much LOVE for Rebecca.

Rakala

Cowboy Bebop, one of the very few anime I've ever seen where the ending was good. Not to mention nobody will ever be able to trump that opening theme.

Colgatecrusader

for some reason i liked ragnorak the animation (i don't even play the game) and when i was younger i was a pokemon fan... and that's about it, unless gargoyles counts as anime.
I'm just really loyal to my brand... what can I say? Dental Hygiene is important.

yakanaj

Quote from: King Of Hearts on December 07, 2008, 02:55:43 AM
Started watching another series...
BLACK LAGOON
I cant believe I missed this particular gem back in 06.

I've seen that. I liked it a lot.

James and I are really into Soul Eater, Naruto, and Bleach. But Mostly Soul Eater right now.

Colgatecrusader

I'm just really loyal to my brand... what can I say? Dental Hygiene is important.

yakanaj

Quote from: scorpio803 on December 13, 2008, 09:05:35 PM
umm is that top guy a cannibal?

No, he's the death god's scythe and he eats the souls of those who are evil and corrupt. It's a lot easier if you just watch an episode.

King Of Hearts

Speaking of Soul Eater

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IvsD__cATY
Soul Eater meets South Park

ah... finally finished Black Lagoon... Second Barrage was interesting, but I was somewhat disappointed that the ending arc tackled the Yakuza. I mean seriously, there was nothing the Yakuza offered that any of the factions in Roanarapur [?] couldnt have provided... but I suppose they needed to make an assesment of Rock's descent into darkness and how it has really affected him despite his seemingly good guy characterization.

The Psycho-Loli/shota-Crossdressing-incestuous-possibly-homosexual-albino-assasin twins was a good season opener... especially the ending, I threw up a little in my mouth when Gretel/Hansel tried to reward Rock. The idea on how broken they were really stuck to me.

Just Finished

One Stormy Night

Zina once recommended this to the board, I tried to watch it before on Youtube but I kind of lost track of it after the first part. Incredibly sad story... loved it.

Currently watching:

RAIDEEN

The 2007 series. So far its still not grabbing me yet, 3d simply dos not do Super Robots justcie as it does Real Robots. But its still early, maybe this bastard son of Rahxephon and the Knight of Gold will impress me by the end.

Sunblink

Ahh, I've recently started watching the original Japanese One Piece episodes. I feel it suffers from some of the same pacing issues as DBZ - it takes forever and ever for things to conclude, particularly the GODDAMN SKYPEIA ARC WHICH I WANT TO PUNCH IN THE FACE - but it's overall a better story. And immensely entertaining, or at least to me it is.

A video of one of the best fights. (Warning: Contains some nasty violence)

Quote from: Minishear on November 14, 2008, 03:48:37 PM
To make it clear, I don't like Dragon Ball Z because...

Quote from: The GameIf this were Dragon Ball Z, the next ten episodes would be about him falling.

It takes too long to finish things, and if Goku were put into pretty much any other anime universe, he'd be grossly overpowered.

*EDIT*
Also, anime effects tend to be REALLY annoying after a while, refer to The List of Anime Laws (http://www.abcb.com/laws/index.htm), because it's true.

I know you made this post like a month ago, but you wouldn't happen to be familiar with ButtLord GT, would you? :B

Colgatecrusader

Quote from: yakanaj on December 14, 2008, 01:52:37 AM
Quote from: scorpio803 on December 13, 2008, 09:05:35 PM
umm is that top guy a cannibal?

No, he's the death god's scythe and he eats the souls of those who are evil and corrupt. It's a lot easier if you just watch an episode.

:erk uhh i don't know if i can.

JackLee1978

Currently Rightstuf is having their annual Christmas sale. A few highlights:

Witch Hunter Robin Complete Collection     $22.99
Trinity Blood Box Set                     $39.99
Witchblade Value Bundle                          $39.99
Slayers Value Bundle                     $44.99
Basilisk Box Set                        $24.99

Witch Hunter Robin, Trinity Blood and Witchblade are pretty good Gonzo series. Never seen the Slayer series and Basilisk is the best ninja series ever.

As for One Piece, I recommend the Funimation releases, which are uncensored  and have a new English dub (Luffy's voice still sucks and they got someone else to voice Zolo :mowsad).

Turnsky

Currently? Xam'd.

Studio Bones has a knack for making relatively memorable characters that you don't wanna strangle.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..