Favorite Quotes Thread - Generation Two!

Started by techmaster-glitch, December 06, 2008, 06:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

It is said that words are the tools of the great, and there are some good things that have been said. Post anything that has been said that you like. Could be funny, serious, scary, thoughtful--anything. Can be one sentance short, or paragraphs long (if you're willing to type that). Can come from any source. Can even be in another language, so long as you translate >:3

The original thread had some pretty nice quotes during its time.

I'll start out with one of my personal favorites:

"Hey look buddy, I'm an engineer, and that means I solve problems. Not problems like "what is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosphy. I solve practical problems! For instance: How am I gonna stop some big, mean, mother-humper from tearing me a structurally superflous new behind? The answer: Use a gun, and if that don't work,
Use more gun!"
-Engineer, Meet the Engineer, Team Fortress 2

Lysander

A day without a nap is a day wasted.  -- A friend of mine.

If you let everyone else guide your thoughts, why have any of your own?  -- Unknown

So how about we skip the part where you are pretending to be interested in what I'm saying, and I'm pretending I'm not two seconds away from smashing the stupid out of your skull! Ok?  -- Abel, DMFA

Mr. Madison, what you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. -- Billy Madison

As soft as a marshmellow and twice as tasty...  -- Janus Whitefurr

I am your constant companion. I am your greatest helper or your heaviest burden. I will push you onward or drag you down to failure. I am completely at your command. Half the things you do, you might just as well turn over to me, and I will be able to do them quickly, correctly. I am easily managed; you must merely be firm with me. Show me exactly how you want something done, and after a few lessons I will do it automatically. I am the servant of all great men. And, alas, of all failures as well. Those who are great, I have made great. I am not a machine, though I work with all the precision of a machine. Plus, the intelligence of man. You may run me for profit, or run me for ruin; it makes no difference to me. Take me, train me, be firm with me and I will put the world at your feet. Be easy with me, and I will destroy you. Who am I? I am Habit.  -- Unknown
:januscat
TytajLucheek

Corgatha Taldorthar

"But it was so artistically done" Grand Admiral Thrawn.

"Precisely. And the more they deny it, the more the Romulans will think that they are guilty because it is exactly what they would have done in their place. That's why you came to me. Isn't it, Captain? Because you knew I could do those things that you weren't capable of doing. Well, it worked. And you'll get what you want: a war between the Romulans and the Dominion. And if your conscience is bothering you, you should soothe it with the knowledge that you may have just saved the entire Alpha Quadrant. And in the end all it cost was the life of one Romulan senator, one criminal, and the self-respect of one Starfleet officer. I don't know about you, but I'd call that a bargain. " Elim Garak

"A NAME IS A CLOAK OF LETTERS THROWN ABOUT A MAN. IT MEANS NOTHING" The Transcendant One.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Slowtini

"So, which part of that idea was the 'Good' part?" - My Science Teacher.

VSMIT

"If you can truly disprove gravity, I'll help you get it published." -my science teacher.

Jairus

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own." - Adam Savage

"Tell them how I am Defying gravity! I'm flying high, Defying gravity! And soon I'll match them in renown. And nobody in, all of Oz, No Wizard that there is or was, Is ever gonna bring me down!" - Elphaba, Wicked

"The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed." - Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass

"I, Lelouch vi Britannia command you, now all of you... DIE." - the same

I'll probably come up with a few more later. No, wait! One more.

"NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS!" - Amber Williams
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

VSMIT

"Remember, remember, the fifth of November.  The gunpowder treason and plot.  I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot." -Various from V for Vendetta.

King Of Hearts

"I know Ozma is straight, But Im alright even though he'll only a lover in my dreams. Ive gone into the point of my life where I no longer feel the need for my love to be reciprocated"
-Bobby Margot, Macross Frontier

"No matter how far we go, humans will always be alone... But its because that we are alone... THAT WE LEARN TO LOVE SOMEONE!"
-Brera Stern and Alto Saotome, Macross Frontier

Slowtini

"YOU DID WHAT IN MY ROBOT?!  >:O" -Personal Quote.

Angel

(In my high school Genocide and Human Behavior class, when we learned the Pope did nothing to stop the Nazis)
Me: "If they [the Vatican] HAD confronted the Nazis, wouldn't they just have gone harder on the Jews?"
Mr. Abrams: "Hmm, that's a very good question. Would you mind telling me what would have been harder than what they went through?"
Me: "....."

"Will SOMEONE SHUT that kid UP!!"
-Gregory House

Marik: "Foolish fools! There are no women in Yu-Gi-Oh! There are only extremely girly men! And I am the most girly of them all!"
Pegasus: "Keep telling yourself that."
-Marik's Evil Council of Doom

"I think the only reason Fred and Daphne were [on Scooby-Doo] was so there'd be pretty people on the team. (beat) I also think that water's wet."
-Me

I have no doubt that I will post more quotes up here. :)
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

meany

"Try it. Just see how many pieces you end up in." -Moi.
"Touch me and die, vermin." Illyria, Angel.
"If you utter so much as one syllable, I'LL HUNT YOU DOWN AND GUT YOU LIKE A FISH!!"-The Grinch.

Lysander

Hear that sound? It's the gates of the netherworld, opening to take you away...  --Luther/Lucifer, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

Feel the pain of those inferior beings as you burn in hell!  --Kratos Aurion,  Tales of Symphonia
:januscat
TytajLucheek

Mao

"The stench of terror drifts on a bitter wind. The people pray for strength and guidance.  They should pray for the mercy of a swift death, for I have seen what the darkness hides." ~Diablo III cinematic trailer.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Meany on December 07, 2008, 02:14:38 PM
"If you utter so much as one syllable, I'LL HUNT YOU DOWN AND GUT YOU LIKE A FISH!!"-The Grinch.
"If you'd like to fax me, press the star key!"
-Continuation of above quote :3

Angel

Kakashi: "Creepy summoning circle, check. Underage boy with shirt off, check. Creepy Michael Jackson look-alike who likes little boys... Crap. Where am I going to find one of those?"
Orochimaru: "Hello, Kakashi."
Kakashi (turns around): "Sweet!"

- Naruto the Abridged Series
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Cogidubnus

A monk asked Yunmen, "What is Buddha?"
Yunmen said, "Kanshiketsu!"

-Koan

Sunblink

"'If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight!' Sun Tzu said that, and I would think he knew a little bit more about fighting than you do, because he invented it. And then he perfected it so that nobody could best him in the ring of honor. Then he used all his fight money to buy two of every animal and he herded them onto a boat, where he beat the crap out of them. And from that day on whenever two or more animals are together in one place it's called a zoo!"
- The Soldier from Team Fortress 2

Slowtini

"OM NOM NOM, NOM OM NUM." - The Heavy from Team Fortress 2.

Mmm... Sandvich.

VSMIT

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on December 08, 2008, 05:22:49 PM
"'If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight!' Sun Tzu said that, and I would think he knew a little bit more about fighting than you do, because he invented it. And then he perfected it so that nobody could best him in the ring of honor. Then he used all his fight money to buy two of every animal and he herded them onto a boat, where he beat the crap out of them. And from that day on whenever two or more animals are together in one place it's called a zoo!"
- The Soldier from Team Fortress 2
UNLESS IT'S A FARM!
- continuation of above.

"I am heavy weapons guy, this is my weapon. She weighs 150 kilograms and fires $200 custom tooled cartridges at 10,000 rounds per minute. It costs 400,000 dollars to fire this weapon for 12 seconds..."
- The Heavy from Team Fortress 2

Noone

"The mouth is like a gate, opening it lets the soldiers of stupidity into the world." Jeff Vogel, Geneforge 2

Cogidubnus

"With one part of my mind I thought of the British Raj as an unbreakable tyranny, as something clamped down, in saecula saeculorum, upon the will of prostrate peoples; with another part I thought that the greatest joy in the world would be to drive a bayonet into a Buddhist priest's guts. Feelings like these are the normal by-products of imperialism; ask any Anglo-Indian official, if you can catch him off duty."

-The Narrator: George Orwell, Shooting an Elephant

techmaster-glitch

GRINCH: I tell you Max, I don't know why I ever leave this place. I've got allll the company I need...right here. *sits down in chair facing big cavern*
GRINCH: Hello!
ECHO: Hello!...hello...hello...
GRINCH: How are you?
ECHO: How are you?...are you...are you...
GRINCH: I asked you first!
ECHO: I asked you first!...first...first
GRINCH: Oh, that's reeeally mature, saying exactly what I say!
ECHO: mature...mature...exactly what I say...I say...
GRINCH: ...I'm an idiot!
ECHO: YOU'RE AN IDIOT!...idiot...idiot...
GRINCH: *jerks in frustration* [whispering] All right, fine. I'm not talking to you anymore. In fact, I'm going to whisper, so by the time the sound of my voice reverberates off the walls, and gets back to me, I won't be able to hear eeet!
ECHO: ...YOU'RE AN IDIOT!...idiot...idiot...
GRINCH: o_0
-The Grinch

Colgatecrusader

Mario: all toaster's, toast toast.
Me: WTF?!?
MYFriends: riiiggghht
I'm just really loyal to my brand... what can I say? Dental Hygiene is important.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Freakazoid "Dumb dumb dumb, never tell the villian how to trap you in a cage"
Dr Guitezrez "You probably shouldn't have helped us build it either"
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Lisky

apparently nobody's a fan of mass effect quotes... and there were a couple of great ones too

"Your words are as hollow as your future human, for your end is nigh" - sovereign

"am i here for your entertainment, do i just walk around and make bubbly, sputtery noises? do i amuse you? that's sure as hell what it seems when you offer me insults instead of payment" - Cpt. Shepard

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Suwako

"How did boat get into lake? It would take many men many hours to carry." Conscript ( Redalert3)

yakanaj

Quote from: VSMIT on December 07, 2008, 01:59:04 AM
"Remember, remember, the fifth of November.  The gunpowder treason and plot.  I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot." -Various from V for Vendetta.

I love that one.

"Hey, We're in enemy territory. Those are enemy birds!" Squa!!  -  Avatar, the last air bender

"Ya, My first girlfriend turned into the moon."
"That's tough dude."

Angel

ISHIZU: "We've uncovered rare artifacts that depict the earliest game played in Egypt. Behold, Kaiba, the origin of Duel Monsters!"
(the lights go up to reveal...)
KAIBA: "Oh my God, a giant rock!"
ISHIZU: "That's right, Kaiba. A giant rock."
KAIBA: "I can't believe what I'm seeing! A giant rock! It's a rock and it's giant!"
ISHIZU (looking somewhere else): "Yes, and that's not all. Come over here, and prepare to witness something incredible."
KAIBA (walking over): "Okay, but it's gonna be pretty tough to beat that giant rock..."
ISHIZU: "What you're about to see will change your life forever."
KAIBA (looks up at...): "Oh my God, ANOTHER giant rock!!"
-YuGiOh the Abridged Series, Episode 24
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Cogidubnus

"One of the foulest cross-country runs that ever occurred outside of Dante's Inferno."

- P.G. Wodehouse: Psmith Journalist

King Of Hearts

"I do so hate having to have an enemy killed. It's like announcing to the world that you can't solve a problem creatively."
-Lex Luthor