12/05/08 [Abel 2 #38] - Go home?

Started by Lego3400, December 05, 2008, 01:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Quote from: thegayhare on December 07, 2008, 08:26:12 AM
Quote from: Goatmon on December 07, 2008, 01:13:13 AM
without hovering your Mod powers

sorry to interupt but at the phrase "Mod Powers"  I got this mental image of Llearch, Dmoon, Dmariss, and the other mods sitting crashing the big goofy rings together while shouting "Mod Powers Activate... form of a bucket of water..."
Quote from: Naldru on December 07, 2008, 09:02:37 AM
Or for people who won't listen: "Mod Powers Activate ... form of a barrel of boiling oil".
No, no, no! It's... "Wonder Mod powers, activate!" Superamber! Boxman! Wonder Zina! bill Lantern! Hawkwolf! Darkmoon Manhunter! ... okay, I think I just killed the joke. Sorry.

Also, I had a feeling we weren't dealing with a ghost... but I didn't suspect Destania. But I suppose she'd have to show up at least one in Abel's Story, since one of the rules of writing is "show, don't tell" and it would be rather nice to at least show Abel/Destania interacting at least once rather than simply assume that they met later. I'm not making much sense, am I?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

superluser

Quote from: Jairus on December 07, 2008, 10:25:10 AMNo, no, no! It's... "Wonder Mod powers, activate!" Superamber! Boxman! Wonder Zina! bill Lantern! Hawkwolf! Darkmoon Manhunter! ... okay, I think I just killed the joke. Sorry.

I never saw the original Wonder Twins, but I believe they had the catchphrase right.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

icarus

i find replacing swears with gibberish to be a fun exercise.

ie, 'finish the fragvrashnakkerin story, dangit!'

makes me feel like a grizzled prospector. now where's my mule...ol thelma and i got some pannin' t'do.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Howl

Quote from: Jairus on December 07, 2008, 10:25:10 AM
No, no, no! It's... "Wonder Mod powers, activate!" Superamber! Boxman! Wonder Zina! bill Lantern! Hawkwolf! Darkmoon Manhunter! ... okay, I think I just killed the joke. Sorry.

Also, I had a feeling we weren't dealing with a ghost... but I didn't suspect Destania. But I suppose she'd have to show up at least one in Abel's Story, since one of the rules of writing is "show, don't tell" and it would be rather nice to at least show Abel/Destania interacting at least once rather than simply assume that they met later. I'm not making much sense, am I?

You didn't expect Destania?

WHAT A TWIST!

Goatmon

Quote from: Turnsky on December 07, 2008, 04:28:09 AM
Quote from: Goatmon on December 07, 2008, 01:13:13 AM
Yes, I posted a swear word.  In a FA-Teen thread.  Because sometimes adults throw in a swear word.  I do read the rules, llearch.

Quote from: AmberRating:This particular forum section is rated around PG to Fa-Teen.  Mainly because the comic itself is rated PG, and Abel's Story is Fa-Teen.

Keep in mind I am not going to go cyber-nanny on you guys and slap your hands if you post an occasional swear word or make a joke laden with innuendo.  All I really ask is that people post with common sense.  As long as not every other post is swearing or sex jokes, I'm likely not going to care.  The trick is moderation.

I will ocassionally post swear words, within the appropriate forum, because there is no particular reason not to, other than you have a personal problem with it, but can't be bothered to bring it up without hovering your Mod powers over my head.  You're basically doing exactly what Amber says will NOT happen around here.  And that ain't cool.

Also, who said I didn't like the comic?  I just have a growing problem with the pacing, and I wouldn't expect any artist to be offended because someone has a negative criticism about their work.  Criticism, good or bad, is fuel for the fire.  I wouldn't ask any less of anyone looking at the stuff I've made.  Is that really a problem?

it's not that hard to not swear, you know, all it takes is a reasonable command of the english language, really.
as for the comic, it's called a cliffhanger, they keep us waiting for more, it's a common thing in comics.

You're right, swearing is pretty easy not to do!  It's very healthy to embrace a cleaner English language when wanting to be taken seriously.

But if I decide to ocassionally throw down a curse word, there's no reason I should be scolded for it.  At all.

Alondro

*Charline and Destania would've gotten along VERY well!  Taking turns to see hwo could dispatch the lives and souls of Beings in the most horrific manner!*

D:
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif