The "'Cubi in an RP game" report update

Started by Ranzer, November 12, 2008, 07:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranzer

Why, no, I'm NOT dead. Just... not really able to come up with some good topics very often.

Anyways. For those of you that remember way-back-when, I posted a topic on how I was going to make my character a 'Cubi in a RP I participated in. I figured you might like a report on how he's doing.

He:

has gotten his tentacles, although he hasn't really been able to use them in battle yet;
can now blow things up with his mind and an angry glare, including a gun and the hand that it was being held by;
got rocketed through 200 feet of intense radiation and through a train window for about twice his max HP;
managed to blast himself into a wall via non-careful combination of light and dark;
had a hand in defeating a bat-bahookie insane dictator;
nearly had a massive nervous breakdown and had to take a day off;
and has had the highest death count of all the party members since the game began.

So yeah. We have fun.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Ranzer on November 12, 2008, 07:26:52 PM
can now blow things up with his mind and an angry glare, including a gun and the hand that it was being held by;
Uh, yeah, point blank shrapnel tends to do that to a hand. :explosion
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

llearch n'n'daCorna

and has had the highest death count of all the party members since the game began.

*snerk*

Good to hear you're having fun - that's what RP's are all about.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

senrath

I was gonna ask how he survived these:

got rocketed through 200 feet of intense radiation and through a train window for about twice his max HP;
managed to blast himself into a wall via non-careful combination of light and dark;

Until I read this:

About how many times has he died?

Ranzer

QuoteAbout how many times has he died?

About seven or eight times during this first story arc, if I recall. This happened to be one of the factors in his nervous breakdown; wouldn't YOU be a little mentally fragile if you had to die and revive that many times in the space of a month or so?  :mowwink

In any case, right now we're taking on a long-buried army of undead, robots, and undead robots. It's about eight versus forty and the forty DO NOT STAND A CHANCE. Fear us.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ranzer

Quote... You're in the 40, right? ;-]

...No. And snarkage like that is my job, thank you very much. ("Congratulations on releasing that trap. Don't you EVER watch movies?")

DROP AND GIVE ME TWENTY, SOLDIER!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Corgatha Taldorthar

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

llearch n'n'daCorna

terrycloth

My patience just a little farther, maggot, so I can send you home in a bodybag! >:3

superluser

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Tapewolf

If we're descending to that level, I might point out that llearch is a FedEx box, isn't he?  So no UPS for him.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ranzer

...Can someone tell me when I managed to lose all control of this topic? *sweatdrop*

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ranzer on November 14, 2008, 07:45:26 PM
...Can someone tell me when I managed to lose all control of this topic? *sweatdrop*
When you asked llearch to do push-ups.

Ranzer

Ah, right.

We're about to continue the battle, so I'll fill you in once we finish this bit. In the meantime, you just... do your things that I don't know.

Ranzer

Highlights from the 8 vs. 40 battle:

"It's the End of the World As We Know It" coming on as we start;
said music being switched to "Ghostbusters";
getting trampled over in a group charge on the army's part;
punches that happen to be ON FIRE;
exploding zombie robots;
skeletons being swung around like maces;
the music being changed AGAIN, this time to Elite Beat Agent's "Jumpin' Jack Flash" cover;
total dice failure on our part;
and the battle being won with a punch. TO THE FACE. *dramatic chord*

Oh, and one of our party members going to 0 HP within the round he joined in. All aboard the fail-train...

EDIT: MEDIOCRE UPDATE IS MEDIOCRE

He also has his clan marking now. Luckily, nobody happens to know what it means in this universe, or otherwise he would be tagged as a mass-murdering psycho and then the various ropes and rocks would be trotted out. Lynch mobs can really ruin your day, y'know.

Oh, and he still hasn't found about his average lifespan. Hope he enjoys doing this job for about 3 millenia.  >:3

llearch n'n'daCorna

hehehe.

Of course, if he learns that stealing souls will increase his lifespan, how will that affect his outlook? ;-]

Ranzer

QuoteOf course, if he learns that stealing souls will increase his lifespan, how will that affect his outlook? ;-]

Probably not TOO much, considering that he doesn't have that power yet. I wouldn't put it past him, though, considering that having to rack up body counts for everything from saving the world to getting a sandwich is part of the job. It would be quite easy to have a steady supply, so...

Also, might I add that even though nobody happens to know what species he is, he is getting VERY sick and tired of being called a "space alien" and having various vulgar jokes made about his wing tentacles. "Dammit, people, quit referring to that. If I DO use these tentacles for that purpose, it's going to be with my girlfriend and you better believe it'll be with FULL CONSENT. Idiots."

...Aaaaaanyways. That ends this post for now. Keep feeling free to ask about stuff, though. I like it.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ranzer on November 18, 2008, 05:16:03 PM
Probably not TOO much, considering that he doesn't have that power yet. I wouldn't put it past him, though, considering that having to rack up body counts for everything from saving the world to getting a sandwich is part of the job. It would be quite easy to have a steady supply, so...
It's something he has to learn how to do.  At one point, Amber grouped some of the things a 'Cubi can do into 'innate abilities' and 'magic'.  Thought-reading and shapeshifting are innate abilities - soul-stealing was classed as magic, so I imagine it's probably a spell that most Creatures can cast if they know how.

Quotehe is getting VERY sick and tired of being called a "space alien" and having various vulgar jokes made about his wing tentacles.
A less understanding 'Cubi might demonstrate the other uses for tentacles, such as slicing through armour or crushing things.  I imagine cleaning up the mess afterwards would be a pain, though.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Ranzer on November 18, 2008, 05:16:03 PM
...having to rack up body counts for everything from saving the world to getting a sandwich is part of the job. It would be quite easy to have a steady supply, so...

Body parts sandwiches? :mwaha
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Ranzer

Apologies for the slightly late reply. Power blipped out for a while.

QuoteA less understanding 'Cubi might demonstrate the other uses for tentacles, such as slicing through armour or crushing things. *snip*

Luckily, nobody's gotten him THAT mad yet. Mostly he just brushes said remark off with a snide reply and moves on, although there's no telling what can happen if someone pushes him to his limit.  :evil

Quote*snip* Thought-reading and shapeshifting are innate abilities *snip*

Well... I don't have those yet, considering that I still have to actually pay for them in EXP and all. I'm using the "our magic is different" handwave, so if it bugs you, just think happy thoughts for a while.

QuoteBody parts sandwiches?

Heh... nah. The most evil thing he's done so far is grab a fellow party member with the intent of dunking him while we were on a boat after said person repeatedly screwed around and created the horde of undead we had to fight. This was terminated quickly by a bullet zipping two inches away from his ear.

Sunblink

Guys, guys, guys.

The moral of this story should be to never ask Llearch anything that can be potentially misused as a double-entendre.

Which means you should never ask Llearch anything, ever.

--

I approve of Cubis in RPs, though.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on November 19, 2008, 04:37:11 PM
Which means you should never ask Llearch anything, ever.

Yeah. We see how well that one works. ;-]

techmaster-glitch

Question: You said this character is in an RP, right? What kind are you referring to, specifically? Is this a tabletop you're doing with some buddies, some online game maker thing, or is it a forum text thing, like what we have here?

If the last option is your answer, (don't know about anyone else) I'd like a link >:3 This stuff seems interesting enough to read straight from the source.

Ghostwish

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 19, 2008, 05:52:07 PM
Question: You said this character is in an RP, right? What kind are you referring to, specifically? Is this a tabletop you're doing with some buddies, some online game maker thing, or is it a forum text thing, like what we have here?

If the last option is your answer, (don't know about anyone else) I'd like a link >:3 This stuff seems interesting enough to read straight from the source.

*quickly rams tech off the stage* I call dibs!!

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Ghostwish on November 19, 2008, 07:32:10 PM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 19, 2008, 05:52:07 PM

*quickly rams tech off the stage* I call dibs!!
*Quickly pulls up in Mustang and runs over Ghost* I CALL DIBS SO THERE :kruger.