The "'Cubi in an RP game" report update

Started by Ranzer, November 12, 2008, 07:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostwish

Quote from: ShiningShadow on November 19, 2008, 08:51:41 PM
Quote from: Ghostwish on November 19, 2008, 07:32:10 PM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 19, 2008, 05:52:07 PM
Question: You said this character is in an RP, right? What kind are you referring to, specifically? Is this a tabletop you're doing with some buddies, some online game maker thing, or is it a forum text thing, like what we have here?

If the last option is your answer, (don't know about anyone else) I'd like a link >:3 This stuff seems interesting enough to read straight from the source.

*quickly rams tech off the stage* I call dibs!!
*Quickly pulls up in Mustang and runs over Ghost* I CALL DIBS SO THERE :kruger.

*slashes the tires and steals the hood decal* NO ME!

Ranzer

QuoteQuestion: You said this character is in an RP, right? What kind are you referring to, specifically? Is this a tabletop you're doing with some buddies, some online game maker thing, or is it a forum text thing, like what we have here?

My, you're getting PHYSICAL!

It's almost none of the above; it's on IRC. Specifically, it's on Sorcerynet, channel #supersmashrpg . We try to do sessions every other day, which means another possible one on Friday, but you're welcome to join in and talk OOCly. We love possible members.

Oh, and time for the newest report.

Highlights from this latest session:

Unwittingly aiding a world-ending madman;
My character getting his clan symbol and attempting to figure out who "tattooed" him in the middle of the night;
showing the "heart of gold" in "Jerk with a..."
apparently gaining his symbol by managing to brush against an alternate universe while using one of his teleportation moves;
nearly blowing himself up with improper mixing of light and dark yet AGAIN;
being at ground zero of explosive materials and portalling himself to safety;
kicking the gun out of the hands of above nutcase;
fighting with said nutcase on an exploding tower;
horrible dice luck that I still think is rigged, I don't care WHO says it isn't...
said horrible diceluck causing the bad guy to plummet off of a long, blown-up catwalk;
JOANNA FREAKING DARK showing up in a copter to save our cans;
two party members being taken as hostages;
Deloth (my character) steadfastly refusing to angst about inadvertantly causing a disaster until it's fixed;
and the mission ending with him casually taking a seat and suturing wounds.

Ghostwish

senrath

Now, is this using any particular system, like GURPS, or whatnot?

superluser

Quick question:

Does the GM know all about DMFA, yet?  If I recall correctly, the GM did not, so interlopers might have to watch what they say.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

techmaster-glitch

If it's an IRC thing...I'm guessing none of it is recorded? :<

senrath

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 20, 2008, 01:09:59 AM
If it's an IRC thing...I'm guessing none of it is recorded? :<
I'm guessing that would depend on the people in the channel.  It's not all that hard to record IRC conversations, but for the most part you have to want to.

Ranzer

Late reply is--ah, you know.

Okay, Q&A time:

QuoteAbout which time are the sessions?

About... 8-9 PM or so EST. Sorry I forgot to mention that in the midst of various schoolwork woes. OOC talk on non-session days tends to be pretty lively then, so if you want to hop in, that'd be a good time.

QuoteNow, is this using any particular system, like GURPS, or whatnot?

Homebrew, I believe. Don't worry, the GM'll lay out the rules for you and you can get the hang of it in no time. It's rather easy to learn.

QuoteDoes the GM know all about DMFA, yet?  If I recall correctly, the GM did not, so interlopers might have to watch what they say.

Oh, I've given him the opportunity to learn. Posted several pages as info sources, made offhand references to it, and brought it up in OOC chat. He's never said anything negative, so I figure I'm rather in the clear and that the grace period for "sorry, you can't do this, try thinking of another concept, please" is waaaaay over by now.  I can't exactly FORCE him to do anything, so I figure I've done all I can do.  :3

Again, sorry for the late-ish reply. My schedule can be messy sometimes.

senrath

Late reply is better than no reply.  And I'll have to stop by the channel at some point when I get the chance.  Sounds like fun.

Ranzer

Oh, and I almost forgot.

The madman that we're fighting this time around?

Alec Trevelyan. As in the guy from Goldeneye that James Bond shoved off of a satellite. And he nearly managed to kill us, got away with two hostages, and managed to survive having a sword stabbed through his chest because he was wearing a flak jacket.

Don't you hate it when that happens?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Of course he survived the sword.

We all know the pen is mightier than the sword, don't we? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

senrath

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 20, 2008, 05:31:45 PM
Of course he survived the sword.

How about a pensword?  Where does that rank in things?

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 20, 2008, 05:31:45 PMOf course he survived the sword.

After Paul Clifford, I don't know if I have faith in anything Edward G Bulwer-Lytton wrote.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Well, there's two people who never saw *that* movie. :-/

Ranzer

QuoteWe all know the pen is mightier than the sword, don't we? ;-]

Are you suggesting that I try to go all Joker-like on him next time? Y'know, attempt a death by ink poisoning?

If so... well, uh, I'll let you know how that works out next session. It DOES have precedent, we've killed people with pens before. Specifically, we killed our old last storyline... or the consciousness of it... or something. I still don't really understand the ending of that last season.

...yeah mediocre update is still mediocre. *slinks off*

Naldru

Well, there were Russian assassination weapons that used devices disguised as pens to shoot poison gas or pellets.  And I believe that there also pens that fired .22 calibre bullets.  These are just the real devices, and there have been a much wider variety in the movies.

There were also pencils that were really time fuzes for explosives.

However, I don't think that poison ink would work that well.  You would do better soaking the paper in a contact poison.

Engineers tend to look at everything logically.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Ranzer

QuoteEngineers tend to look at everything logically.

No offense, but in a world that has had, in the past.... *DEEEEEEEEP breath... get ready...*

hypno-couches, shapeshifting ghosts, space cannons, volcanic eruptions, exploding paper, car crashes, banks, car crashes IN banks, coffee that makes Larxene from Ansem Retort look like a piker, gender-swapping candy, rings that set your hair on fire, having to gather something like 30 pieces of a circuit board and patch them together while spaceships attack us, robots with giant knives instead of arms, Domino's Pizza, grappling chains, giant mechas, exploding Pokemon, alternate personalities, guns, guns that have easily explodable parts (sensing a trend?), teleportation, and possessed shirts...

Call me crazy, but logic may not be the best avenue in SSQ. Just saying.  :mowsmile

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ranzer on November 21, 2008, 01:11:08 PM
QuoteWe all know the pen is mightier than the sword, don't we? ;-]
Are you suggesting that I try to go all Joker-like on him next time? Y'know, attempt a death by ink poisoning?

Isn't it Goldeneye that has that pen that you click three times and it goes boom?

Ranzer

QuoteIsn't it Goldeneye that has that pen that you click three times and it goes boom?

I dunno, but I doubt that'd work. We've already tried blowing him up with a briefcase bomb (which happened to be the explosives mentioned earlier) and he survived. Considering that Alec's the final boss in the Goldeneye video game that can take multiple shots to the head and respond with automatic rifle fire, I sort of doubt that'd work.

Besides, he's vanished. And he'll shoot on sight and kill hostages if we try anything sneaky, so I double-doubt it'd work.

Nice try, though. I like your way of thinking.  >:3

superluser

Quote from: Ranzer on November 21, 2008, 03:37:42 PMI dunno, but I doubt that'd work. We've already tried blowing him up with a briefcase bomb (which happened to be the explosives mentioned earlier) and he survived. Considering that Alec's the final boss in the Goldeneye video game that can take multiple shots to the head and respond with automatic rifle fire, I sort of doubt that'd work.

The next step would seem to be hacing him eat the bomb.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ranzer on November 21, 2008, 03:37:42 PM
QuoteIsn't it Goldeneye that has that pen that you click three times and it goes boom?
I dunno, but I doubt that'd work. We've already tried blowing him up with a briefcase bomb (which happened to be the explosives mentioned earlier) and he survived. Considering that Alec's the final boss in the Goldeneye video game that can take multiple shots to the head and respond with automatic rifle fire, I sort of doubt that'd work.

Besides, he's vanished. And he'll shoot on sight and kill hostages if we try anything sneaky, so I double-doubt it'd work.

Nice try, though. I like your way of thinking.  >:3

... And still he misses it.

The pen is mightier than the sword. If the pen goes boom, then that's the pen I was talking about.

Sheesh. ;-]

Ranzer

QuoteThe pen is mightier than the sword. If the pen goes boom, then that's the pen I was talking about.

Yes, but neither the pen NOR the sword killed him. As such, then both would seem to be on equal footing and we must conduct further testing.

*hands a non-exploding pen and a sword to llearch and shoves him into a dragon's cave*

Have fun.

EDIT:

Incidentally, as of this writing, we're probably going to have a session in about a half-hour. If you want to drop in and watch, remember:

IRC network is Sorcerynet. Connect and join #supersmashrpg to get in.

See you there?  :)

Ranzer

First: my apologies for the double post.

Second: None of you showed up for our 3-hour marathon session. I am a very unhappy person at this turn of events.

Third: the report.

Trevor(yan) getting unceremoniously disintegrated by a crazy man on OUR side and his instant-kill staff;
one of the party members getting a Franklin Badge from the Earthbound/Mother series;
the dice rolling six 2s in a row;
A Duplighost making an appearance from Paper Mario;
statues revealing more statues;
Deloth doing something really stupid and being right;
"I claim this land... for SPAIN!";
unlocking a giant know-where-the-thing-you-want-is machine;
said machine not answering where Del's girlfriend is now. The mystery continues.

superluser

Quote from: Ranzer on November 21, 2008, 10:36:28 PMFirst: my apologies for the double post.

:double (just kidding)

Quote from: Ranzer on November 21, 2008, 10:36:28 PMSecond: None of you showed up for our 3-hour marathon session. I am a very unhappy person at this turn of events.

I never said I'd show up, so you can't blame me.

But if you want people to show up, when's the next one?  I'll try to make it for that.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Ranzer on November 21, 2008, 06:30:42 PM
QuoteThe pen is mightier than the sword. If the pen goes boom, then that's the pen I was talking about.

Yes, but neither the pen NOR the sword killed him. As such, then both would seem to be on equal footing and we must conduct further testing.

*hands a non-exploding pen and a sword to llearch and shoves him into a dragon's cave*

Have fun.

What's this box doing in my cave? I didn't order anything recently. *pushes the box out into the snow*

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Piano Concerto No. 20 (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ranzer on November 21, 2008, 10:36:28 PM
Second: None of you showed up for our 3-hour marathon session. I am a very unhappy person at this turn of events.

I would have, but it started at midnight, my time. And my wife turned up, so I went to bed with her.

Quote from: AmigaDragon on November 22, 2008, 03:20:44 AM
What's this box doing in my cave? I didn't order anything recently. *pushes the box out into the snow*

Snow joke, I'm here as a gift.

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Ranzer

QuoteBut if you want people to show up, when's the next one?  I'll try to make it for that.

I expect on Monday, although it may be over the weekend. I'll slap in an edit woo-woo and buzzers update if it is so that you can still hopefully catch it.

Sorry if I came across as overly blunt or mad. I wasn't trying to be scolding, it was just a joke! Really!

...please don't kill me?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Your sig makes that even more amusing.

Quote from: Ranzer on November 22, 2008, 10:40:07 AM
...please don't kill me?
Quote from: Ranzer's signature
...RELEASE THE HOUNDS!

*snerk*

Ranzer

Slightly interesting update is no longer in caps because that's rather annoying.

Anyways. I managed to buy Del's shapeshifting today, so now he'll have it for the future. Because shapeshifting is FUN.

I also have to admit: I bought it first mostly because I had come up with a really cruel and yet hilarious introduction for it. I don't plan on revealing it until I actually play it out, but that'll be something to look forwards too, eh?

Once again, if a session happens to come up this weekend, I'll let you know. Oh, and seriously, don't kill me. Please?