Comic Commentary - Chapter One - Portent..

Started by Turnsky, November 14, 2008, 06:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

Figure, New forum, new thread, old name.. have at it, also feel free to discuss comics up to this point in here also, for those who are just getting up to speed.  :3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, goodie. A reason to re-read the entire history.

... so much for what I was planning on doing this weekend...

Tapewolf

Congratulations... I'm just surprised it took so long.  I always thought you'd get forum space before me...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

i'd been mulling over it for the longest time, though..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on November 14, 2008, 09:27:16 AM
i'd been mulling over it for the longest time, though..
Have you thought of how you're going to organise it?  Same as was done on Alternation, with a single thread per chapter, or something more akin to DMFA?

Turnsky

given the relative slow speed, i'm thinking on a per-chapter basis as per usual.

ShadesFox

Yay chapter 1!  On a new forum!  With inquisitor Turnsky!
The All Purpose Fox

llearch n'n'daCorna

Pain, and fear, with just a hint of confusion. Delicious.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Turnsky on November 14, 2008, 09:47:35 AM
given the relative slow speed, i'm thinking on a per-chapter basis as per usual.
I was hoping for thread-for-page, that's one of the reason I suggested a spot on this forum in addition to the other one :B

But oh well. That's just my thought.

Turnsky

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 15, 2008, 01:08:39 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on November 14, 2008, 09:47:35 AM
I was hoping for thread-for-page, that's one of the reason I suggested a spot on this forum in addition to the other one :B

But oh well. That's just my thought.

something to stick the proverbial pin in for later, we'll see how things go.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thread per page would be interesting, if only because it would imply a lot of conversation about each page.

I'm not sure Turnsky has that many people commenting. Tapewolf doesn't, and neither does Jigsaw, which suggests that the volume of contributors to Amber's threads is rather unusual...

Tapewolf

For what it's worth, I was thinking of Turnsky's forum when I decided to go thread-per-chapter.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Turnsky

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 15, 2008, 05:46:17 AM
Thread per page would be interesting, if only because it would imply a lot of conversation about each page.

I'm not sure Turnsky has that many people commenting. Tapewolf doesn't, and neither does Jigsaw, which suggests that the volume of contributors to Amber's threads is rather unusual...

i guess it'd depend on roughly how much discussion goes on, can you imagine the size of the topics if was a "thread per arc" thing over at lost lake?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Scarily large. Although the actual signal/noise ratio wouldn't change, and hence a good 90% of them could be thrown away...

ShadesFox

The obvious solution here is to make Foxfire more popular, to justify one thread per page.  Even if most of the posts can be culled for being useless.
The All Purpose Fox

llearch n'n'daCorna

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 15, 2008, 05:46:17 AM

I speculate that, like when I first joined up here, most poeple who do find their way to the forums end up not going any further than the Lost Lake Inn board. I think the probelm is that poeple doent even know these boards exist, or at the very least, don't bother with child boards because a post in a child board doesn't light up the "new post" icon for a whole board. But the do notice the other comics, Foxfire being case in point when someone made the Crossover Again thread in LLI. People responded to that.
   I'm very surprised that you didn't make a "Moved: Thread" notice with a link to the thread in here. I would have thought that would have not only been the automatic thing to do, but the deliberate thing to do. Peopel who stay in LLI would have continued to go to that thread and follow the link here, thus generating the needed traffic.
   My point is, my guess (and it is only a guess) for the reason why the Half Moon Theatre doesn't seem to be getting much traffic is not because people don't care, but because people don't know (or at least aren't bothered to look around for stuff on their own, or specifically just stepping outside of LLI).
   But that's just my random speculating guess.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Er...

A sub-forum update _does_ highlight the whole forum. At least, in the theme I use. Hopefully we'll get around to fixing that for the other forums, later.

As for the moved thread? oversight. Would you like me to fix it? I'll just have to move the thread back, then move it here again...

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 15, 2008, 03:31:57 PM
A sub-forum update _does_ highlight the whole forum. At least, in the theme I use. Hopefully we'll get around to fixing that for the other forums, later.
Well, that's it, isn't it? We're talking about the majority masses who, by default, use the automatic regular themes. Assuming they even step outside of LLI in the first place.
   That, and I think only the "veterans" of the forum even know it's possible to change themes, let alone do it. Took me the longest time to figure out what a few people mentioned her and there, and even when I did some time ago, I'm still staying with default themes. 'Cuz I'm used to it.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 15, 2008, 03:31:57 PM
As for the moved thread? oversight. Would you like me to fix it? I'll just have to move the thread back, then move it here again...
You're the boss, and it only matters if you think it will help, but sure. I was just offering a suggestion/guess...

llearch n'n'daCorna

For what it's worth, the fact that you can change the theme is listed on the rules page.

Along with how.

That says something, doesn't it? ;-]

ShadesFox

The All Purpose Fox

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ShadesFox on November 15, 2008, 04:26:54 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 15, 2008, 04:21:33 PM
That says something, doesn't it? ;-]
That rules are silly and no one should read them?

That nobody does, possibly. That nobody should, definitely not. In my opinion, everyone should scan the rules every few months, just to keep them in mind.

I know I do.

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 15, 2008, 04:30:12 PM
In my opinion, everyone should scan the rules every few months, just to keep them in mind.
I know I do.
Then again, you are enforcing them...

llearch n'n'daCorna

There is that. That's no excuse for not following them, though...

ShadesFox

Well, I did scan the rules and it looks like most of the rules are along the lines of, "Don't be stupid".

Still, it is nice to know exactly how large avatars can be.  I forgot that bit.
The All Purpose Fox

llearch n'n'daCorna

I do believe that that is, indeed, the intent of the rules.

Surprising how much they have to be expanded when people complain that they weren't being...

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen