11/12/08 [DMFA #951] - Flour does tend to be magnetic in comedies

Started by superluser, November 12, 2008, 01:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skurvy

This always happens to me when I bake :C

The cookies/cakes/bagels/eclairs/brownies/whatever it is that I'm making always turn out fine, but I always end up covered in flour somehow.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on November 12, 2008, 12:56:56 PM
Quote from: Lego3400 on November 12, 2008, 11:31:06 AM
This is the first some of you have notice Abel is a good cook? It was implyed multibe times.

• In strip 547 he had not only repainted his and Dan's room, he also made breakfest. Tastey looking too :3
  • In strip 569 he had time to make Jy brunch while he was out cold.
  • In strip 676 he was makeing a Quiche when the arrow with the note about Lexi being "Kidnapped" flew in the window. 

Neither Dan nor Jy actually ate his food. It's pretty well established that Abel cooks. Whether or not he's a *good* cook is a totally different question :P

We can't be sure they didn't eat it. It just wasn't shown whether they did or not. Though the first couple times they were in awkward situations.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Darius Milhaud - Suite Francaise (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Jer-oh-me

Abel's cooking prowess, I thought, was well established. I agree that Abel & Jy are making surprise party cake. My father & I are the family chefs, Dad being the executive of course. I'm guessing Kria's ancestor in the painting is an example of Demon gene function, it's going to be aesthetically arbitrary. I'm anxious to find out whose B-day the cake is for.

As a final note I made this post on a G1!!!

MT Hazard

I notice that Amber is drawing herself differently. What do you think?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

mopman

Quote from: MT Hazard on November 12, 2008, 03:23:26 PM

I thought so too but was not sure so did not mention it. I rather like the change myself.
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: mopman on November 12, 2008, 04:03:14 PM
Quote from: MT Hazard on November 12, 2008, 03:23:26 PM

I thought so too but was not sure so did not mention it. I rather like the change myself.

I just think it shows some growing self confidence. Which is good! Amber always seemed to be really self denigrating to me. I'm all for self depreciating humor, I mean just look at me!, but... Nah, I'm not going to get anywhere with this thought.

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 12, 2008, 08:40:59 AM

The implication I took from that strip is that HE for 'Cubi isn't about cooking at all, but has a lot more murder and pain involved since they don't eat food.  Hence, Abel is running because he doesn't like the subject matter, not because he hates cooking.

Got to agree with the "not about cooking" part, but I got the impression from the little bits we saw in the SAIA arc, that everyone was scared of what happens in Home-Ec. Except probably Fa'Lina. And maybe Destania as she occasionally lurks in the corner taking notes.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Tapewolf

Quote from: SpottedKitty on November 12, 2008, 06:11:04 PM
I got the impression from the little bits we saw in the SAIA arc, that everyone was scared of what happens in Home-Ec.
Well, unless I've missed something, I think we've only seen Dan and Abel running from the HE class.  I'd imagine a lot depends on your attitude to Beings.  Wonder whether it's mandatory, or whether Abel took it because he assumed it would be Being-type HE?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Flour sticks to fluff! And I don't think it would gotten boring Ambers...I must know!

hippiewerewolf

I'm guessing Amber would rather leave us hanging when it comes to the history or background of a lot of things. At least untill she's ready. Which stinks because I'm dying to know it all!

DarkAudit

The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

AmigaDragon

I bet a diesel roller would be much cheaper to get than a working steam roller. And they're much faster to start up. :mowhappy

BTW, in the first panel, we have no evidence that Dan didn't take his shirt off. As for Lorenda and Kria, no actual "shirts" to take off.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Blue yster Cult - Screams (1972) (SonicBlu's Time Machine Show)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Goatmon

What the holy Hell is going on in Kria's window? o_O

also

Quote from: Valynth on November 12, 2008, 01:57:22 AM
I'm with Jyrras.  Cooking is stupid and not suited to real men.

*ding*

And that would be my brownies

Ah, that's much better.

I'm the Bob Vila of jokes.

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Lego3400