The Beginning of the End

Started by Rakala, November 21, 2008, 10:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakala

Apparently they have put the neurons from rats' brains into robots. Read the dialouge as it plays. It will make more sense.

[urhttp://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&vid=99bc46a7-1866-4dcb-b581-73449738683c&playlist=videoByTag:tag:viral%20robots:ns:Gallery:mk:us:vs:1&from=MSNHP&tab=m1226705036553&gt1=42003]linky[/url]

Robots are taking over! OH GOD!

Aisha deCabre

Yeah, I heard something about that some time ago.  I think it's quite interesting, and especially how far we're getting in technology these days.  I don't wonder if the scenario from the documentary "2058" (I think that's what it was called) will indeed come true.

Though, if robots are run by rat brains, they're pretty intelligent, but they'd still be afraid of certain critters.  :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Rakala

Yeah, if you pay attention it's acting sort of like a rat. When they're holding it and the wheels are spinning that's it trying to get away. It keeps running into things because it' not used to being so big, and after a while it gets better about steering itself.

techmaster-glitch

Seen this bgefore, twice, and the first was years ago. However, this is indeed the farthest it's ever gotten. IT'S ALIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!! :O :O :O :O

As I was watching the vid, I suddenly had the thought; "Damn, but that has got to be Twilight Zone-level-wierd for the rat... :B" The ambient music either did or didn't help, depending on how you want to interpret that.

superluser

I wonder if these robots can contract toxoplasmosis, and if so, what would happen to them.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 21, 2008, 11:32:50 PM
As I was watching the vid, I suddenly had the thought; "Damn, but that has got to be Twilight Zone-level-wierd for the rat... :B" The ambient music either did or didn't help, depending on how you want to interpret that.
The score really freaked me out for some reason.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lysander

I wonder what would happen if they accidentally put a brain in from a rat that had rabies... But probably as long as they never use any human neurons The Matrix won't need to become real.    :januscat
TytajLucheek

Corgatha Taldorthar

I would try to hook up on one of these rat-robot things a recording of the Daleks shouting "exterminate" over and over. Freak the researchers out a little :P
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.