10/07/08 [Perfect Date #2] - For your re-consideration

Started by Grenn, October 07, 2008, 12:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Quote from: Dagardo on October 07, 2008, 05:18:24 PM
Quote from: Minishear on October 07, 2008, 05:12:02 PM
Mrs. Williams, not to suck up, but great choice, making Jyrras gay. And feel free to not to answer me, but Abel's orientation has baffled my for quite some time. Mind revealing it?

P.S. Please tell me you won't answer if you in fact, won't answer.

Nothing wrong with sucking up, as long as you suck up to the right people. And as for Mrs. Williams not answering, if she doesn't say anything at all you should know. Although I get the feeling if she does ''tell us'' she is gonna say that its a secret.
It'll probably be something like "All in good time." Which will just torture us for months on end. But I agree with the pace she's taking to reveal it: as this strip revealed, Jyrras really wants someone to be a friend first. He and Abel are basically friends at this point, but they've really only known each other for a few weeks. As much as it kills me to say it, give them time.

Quote from: Dagardo on October 07, 2008, 05:18:24 PM
Quote from: Cogidubnus on October 07, 2008, 05:09:24 PM
Jyrras always struck me as more Da Quirmish than Veternari, I must admit...

I have no clue what that means...

Leonard of Quirm, the Discworld's version of Leonardo da Vinci. A genius inventor, and someone who I agree is another Jyrras parallel.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Nekoboy

Quote from: Jairus on October 07, 2008, 05:00:57 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 07, 2008, 04:52:25 PM
Ok. Enough of this.

Nothing for me? Aw, shucks.

Oh well. Yes, ma'am anyway!

So, techno music... does anyone else see Jyrras as a Daft Punk fan?

I can see Jyrras in a rave with a bunch of glow sticks and flashing lights and such....does that count? xD

Dagardo

Quote from: Nekoboy on October 07, 2008, 05:59:04 PM
Quote from: Jairus on October 07, 2008, 05:00:57 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 07, 2008, 04:52:25 PM
Ok. Enough of this.

Nothing for me? Aw, shucks.

Oh well. Yes, ma'am anyway!

So, techno music... does anyone else see Jyrras as a Daft Punk fan?

I can see Jyrras in a rave with a bunch of glow sticks and flashing lights and such....does that count? xD

It counts as much as any other theory on this forum until it is either proven or disproved. Cause like I say It depends on how you view if Jyrras

Howl

Sunblink

Aw, now that's adorable. Jy-Jy's blushing ears and pouting face are fantastic. X3

I really can't wait to see the other characters, now.

Dagardo

Quote from: Minishear on October 07, 2008, 06:05:57 PM
:yeahthat

Although it's a broken record.

Well I guess I'm a broken record, If you don't like it then fix me. >:3

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on October 07, 2008, 06:07:49 PM
Aw, now that's adorable. Jy-Jy's blushing ears and pouting face are fantastic. X3

I'm just gonna ask. Am I the only one who thought Jyrras couldn't get any more adorable until I saw this?

Jairus

Quote from: Dagardo on October 07, 2008, 06:10:26 PM
Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on October 07, 2008, 06:07:49 PM

I'm just gonna ask. Am I the only one who thought Jyrras couldn't get any more adorable until I saw this?
Nope. But to be honest, is anyone surprised that I'd say that?

Dagardo

I'm not suprised considering some of the things you've said. Like the outfit thing.

Howl

I think Jyrras will end up with Abel, maybe Jyrras was talking to Abel!

Dagardo

llearch n'n'daCorna

If you really want me to. Let me just get the vet tools out...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Howl

Quote from: Dagardo on October 07, 2008, 06:57:09 PM
Talking to Abel when? Specify if you please.
Maybe, if anyone in the series, he was talking to Abel during that Perfect Date.

Dagardo

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 07, 2008, 07:01:01 PM

If you really want me to. Let me just get the vet tools out...

Wrong way of fixing, I like being broken just fine if you're gonna fix me that way. *goes and hides*

Quote from: Minishear on October 07, 2008, 07:04:20 PM
Quote from: Dagardo on October 07, 2008, 06:57:09 PM
Talking to Abel when? Specify if you please.
Maybe, if anyone in the series, he was talking to Abel during that Perfect Date.

If he was talking to Abel I kinda think Abel would stick around just so he could laugh at the end of it, cause if Abel is as much of a jerk as he tells everyone he is, he would get a kick out of that one.

Howl

AmigaDragon

I was sure that in the last couple days I read someone commenting about doing a picture of Jyras hugging Abel, but I just can't find it in any of the threads now to quote it.

Well, here it is, Amber already did it.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Henryk Wieniawski - Legende (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Dagardo

Apparently that was a hug between friends, which I'm sure Jyrras would practically melt into a puddle if Abel did that to him.

Howl

I would love to see Jyrras' reaction if Dmitri hugged him.

No, I will not pay for a picture of that.

Dagardo

OK fine you want a response, here's your response. You're only supposed to call him Dimitri when he is in some kinda trouble. Hence what "Dimitri" says here. Impatient twit.

Howl

Fine, he's in trouble for not punting Jyrras or something funny.

Nekoboy

Quote from: Dagardo on October 07, 2008, 07:51:52 PM
Apparently that was a hug between friends, which I'm sure Jyrras would practically melt into a puddle if Abel did that to him.

If it was a hug between friends then why did he beep his nose?
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_648.php

Dagardo

That I can't give an answer to since I'm not sure what nose-beeping is supposed to mean. I'm just it basing off what he said, quote, I think you're a friend too, unquote.

Don

For when/if Jyrras and Abel do actually talk, I can see something going horribly wrong..which will most likely be saddening.

On another note, the little Love counter or respect counter whatever it is, takes alot of points to get Jy to trust someone which honestly isn't that surprising given how cautious he is..I can see Abels being closer to the untrusting side, which will most likely be amusing to see his reaction to the question.

Howl

I think in that case it might have meant the player was just impatient, or didn't say the right things.

Jairus

Quote from: Zack on October 07, 2008, 08:38:07 PM
For when/if Jyrras and Abel do actually talk, I can see something going horribly wrong..which will most likely be saddening.
I could actually see that working...

... except that something like that already happened to Jyrras: his conversation with "Alexsi" that led to that extremely awkward conversation between Jy and Dan. Which was a little hard to read, I'll admit. You could tell Jy was gonna get hurt a bit, no matter what happened. Just, with Abel, I hope that doesn't happen.

If Amber were to do it again, I could see it as Abel somehow screwing up and saying something that hurts Jyrras' feelings (we already know from the Shopping Mall arc that he has problems remembering how to act around beings because he's used to acting around other Cubi, and he even had to remind himself to be careful around Jyrras), and he has to chase him down and have a genuine talk with him... except that even that sounds a little cliche. But if anyone can pull it off, it's Amber.

Okay, I have no idea. As hard as it is, I'm going to take my own advice and wait and see what plans she has.

Dagardo

I can see Abels being closer to the untrusting side

I can't see that happening for whatever reason. Out of all of them I think Jyrras trusts Abel the most. Partially based on what happened at SAIA, and partially based on Jyrras's crush on Abel, among other reasons other than the fact that I just do. And as for Jairus taking his own advice, we should all take that advice, cause there isn't anything we can do to make Amber work faster, or put the strips up sooner.

Don

Quote from: Jairus on October 07, 2008, 08:46:00 PM
I could actually see that working...

... except that something like that already happened to Jyrras: his conversation with "Alexsi" that led to that extremely awkward conversation between Jy and Dan. Which was a little hard to read, I'll admit. You could tell Jy was gonna get hurt a bit, no matter what happened. Just, with Abel, I hope that doesn't happen.

If Amber were to do it again, I could see it as Abel somehow screwing up and saying something that hurts Jyrras' feelings (we already know from the Shopping Mall arc that he has problems remembering how to act around beings because he's used to acting around other Cubi, and he even had to remind himself to be careful around Jyrras), and he has to chase him down and have a genuine talk with him... except that even that sounds a little cliche. But if anyone can pull it off, it's Amber.

Okay, I have no idea. As hard as it is, I'm going to take my own advice and wait and see what plans she has.

You have some good points in there, but I do agree that the only way to find out for sure is to wait for Amber, however long it takes for them to have the conversation will most likely decide how it goes. Still really premature for it to happen now but maby sometime during this year or next the situation will arise.

Don

Quote from: Dagardo on October 07, 2008, 08:48:56 PM
I can see Abels being closer to the untrusting side

I can't see that happening for whatever reason. Out of all of them I think Jyrras trusts Abel the most. Partially based on what happened at SAIA, and partially based on Jyrras's crush on Abel, among other reasons other than the fact that I just do. And as for Jairus taking his own advice, we should all take that advice, cause there isn't anything we can do to make Amber work faster, or put the strips up sooner.

I wasn't really speaking about Jy and Abel on that, I was reffering to the dating sim counter in the bottom corner, but you are right on the trust between Jyrras and Abel I suppose..I guess there's no real point to me saying much else on this subject.

Edit: Extremely sorry for the double post, doing a bit of multi-tasking and wasn't paying attention. I'll be sure to be more carefull in the future.

Dagardo

Oh, wait. Were you talking about the meter thing whenever Abel is the perfect date? Cause if you were I completely misread your post. :B In that case yeah I can Imagine that, unless it's Jyrras he's talking to, since Jyrras seems to know more than the others about the ways Abel acts.

Howl

In discussion of JyrrasxAbel, when I read the SAIA chapter, I thought of Abel as "Obviously gay". Turns out the shoe is on the other foot, with Jyrras being the one revealed to be gay.

Don

There's alot of uncertainties about those two, but it keeps things interesting.