Will draw your user name game!!

Started by Nekoboy, September 09, 2008, 07:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nekoboy

Since my last topic was locked for really nothing wrong on my part, and since i did like the funny pics that kinds remind me of ed edd and eddy, well...it looked to much of a fun thing....sooo....I have an idea.....its a thing i picked off of newgrounds its called Draw your user name! xD its where someone (me) makes a thred with this and the next person draws what they think that user name meens after that person posts anyone else can draw what they think there use name meens.....anyone can do it, allso please try this game sicne i think ill try to =^-^=

Hope this turns out to be fun, and please do not lock this thred, this is a fun game^^

~Nekoboy

ps: allso its just a game so have fun^^

!KCA

I suppose I could give it a shot. Although, if this is a game of sorts, I'm not sure it's in the right forum.

Nekoboy

Quote from: !KCA on September 10, 2008, 01:20:21 AM
I suppose I could give it a shot. Although, if this is a game of sorts, I'm not sure it's in the right forum.

Na Its just a art thing, whoever posts on here someoen will draw a pic of what they think of there user name and all, its a game yes but tis mostly art

WhiteFox

Look, Nekoboy, I know you're just trying to have fun here, but most artists are going to be busy with paid work or their own projects to play your games. And dont' try to say your game is "fun" as an enticement. Artists are either doing paid work, or "having fun" (for broad definitions of Fun) on their own projects.

That's kind of the downside of not being an artist: those who can't are at the mercy of those who can.

And I wouldn't expect an artists to show much mercy to some one who says learning to draw is a waste of their time.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Nekoboy

Quote from: Fox LeBlanc on September 10, 2008, 03:53:08 PM
Look, Nekoboy, I know you're just trying to have fun here, but most artists are going to be busy with paid work or their own projects to play your games. And dont' try to say your game is "fun" as an enticement. Artists are either doing paid work, or "having fun" (for broad definitions of Fun) on their own projects.

That's kind of the downside of not being an artist: those who can't are at the mercy of those who can.

And I wouldn't expect an artists to show much mercy to some one who says learning to draw is a waste of their time.

What I cant change my mind and try? god...I meen its not like im ordering anyone to do this, its just a fun little drawing thing i picked up from newgrounds, and im doing it to you know >.>

allso its just a quick sketch thing >.> its not like its about master peices or anything.

!KCA

Quote from: Nekoboy on September 10, 2008, 05:47:35 PM
Quote from: Fox LeBlanc on September 10, 2008, 03:53:08 PM
Look, Newsboy, I know you're just trying to have fun here, but most artists are going to be busy with paid work or their own projects to play your games. And don't try to say your game is "fun" as an enticement. Artists are either doing paid work, or "having fun" (for broad definitions of Fun) on their own projects.

What, I can't change my mind and try? Dog... I mean, it's not like I'm ordering anyone to do this; it's just a fun little drawing thing I picked up from newgrounds, and I'm doing it too, you know. >.>

Also, it's just a quick sketch thing. >.> It's not like it's about masterpieces or anything.

*Edited for lousy stinking typos. ...And my own perverse amusement.* -!KCA :)

So, you're doing this, too, huh? Prove it. Really, people would be more inclined to participate in this if you put forth a little effort, yourself.

Tell you what, this forum, this site, is called "The Clockwork Mansion." Why don't you try kicking off this thread by drawing (however poorly) your interpretation of that.

e_voyager

interesting. i shall watch to see what happens myself.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Nekoboy

Quote from: !KCA on September 11, 2008, 01:17:41 AM
So, you're doing this, too, huh? Prove it. Really, people would be more inclined to participate in this if you put forth a little effort, yourself.

Tell you what, this forum, this site, is called "The Clockwork Mansion." Why don't you try kicking off this thread by drawing (however poorly) your interpretation of that.

Well in order for me to do so i needed user names who post on this thred...if i had any idea what these 3 letters of your user name stood for i could do it, so what do they stand for?

allso please do not correct my typeing because you changed God into Dog....I was saying God not dog >.>

Sunblink

You know, I think part of what's probably deterring people from posting in your thread is that your last contribution to the Tower of Art thread was a thread begging for artwork, Nekoboy. People are just going to think this is some roundabout way to get them to draw that "picture of Sasuke as a neko" you wanted when you got shut down last time.

Mao

I'd listen to the Jackal, she's probably one of the only people here who have consistently given you (and everyone else) good advice.  Try being a part of the community a bit before you ask for any gift art of any kind.  Even if it is just quick name doodles.  Especially where you've already gotten off to a bad start with a lot of folks here.  Go under the radar for a bit, get to know folks and let them know you as more than the kid who can't and won't type properly and who wants free art.  Things will likely go better for you then.

Nekoboy

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on September 11, 2008, 04:33:42 PM
You know, I think part of what's probably deterring people from posting in your thread is that your last contribution to the Tower of Art thread was a thread begging for artwork, Nekoboy. People are just going to think this is some roundabout way to get them to draw that "picture of Sasuke as a neko" you wanted when you got shut down last time.

I didnt beg i just asked and if you want proof i didnt just make this up for that (not sure if links are allowd but) in newgroudns somewhere theres a thred like this and i wanted to try it here so get off my back

allso i told you guys i'm bad but heck i gave it a quick shot at paint....here it is.... dont hate its my first time trying this is Fox LeBlanc ^^ http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm264/dreamur_bucket/?action=view&current=ffff.jpg    I hope its kidna good....(first time drawing it on paint >.<] allso Mowser your name made me think of monster then mow so...here you have it a evil mow xD [as i said im not good sooo ya enjoy^^]  http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm264/dreamur_bucket/?action=view&current=ev.jpg

Now if someone else like to try one of the other user names that posted here try it and lets see how good you guys are [better then me but sitll...] anyway lets have fun with this x3

Turnsky

Quote from: Nekoboy on September 13, 2008, 12:43:16 AM
Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on September 11, 2008, 04:33:42 PM

I didnt beg i just asked and if you want proof i didnt just make this up for that (not sure if links are allowd but) in newgroudns somewhere theres a thred like this and i wanted to try it here so get off my back

allso i told you guys i'm bad but heck i gave it a quick shot at paint....here it is.... dont hate its my first time trying this is Fox LeBlanc ^^ http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm264/dreamur_bucket/?action=view&current=ffff.jpg    I hope its kidna good....(first time drawing it on paint >.<] allso Mowser your name made me think of monster then mow so...here you have it a evil mow xD [as i said im not good sooo ya enjoy^^]  http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm264/dreamur_bucket/?action=view&current=ev.jpg

Now if someone else like to try one of the other user names that posted here try it and lets see how good you guys are [better then me but sitll...] anyway lets have fun with this x3

i'll give you advice here and now..
Paint is not a wise choice to start drawing with...
This is what you need Pencil, eraser, paper.. that's what you need to start with.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Nekoboy

Quote from: Turnsky on September 14, 2008, 01:49:02 AM
This is what you need Pencil, eraser, paper.. that's what you need to start with.

Paint is all I have, allso I do nto have a scaner or anything like that so I use what I got, at least for jsut drawings its better then Furcadia's patch editor, anyway why dotn you take a shot at this? draw someones user name it could be anything you think there name meens.

Turnsky

Quote from: Nekoboy on September 14, 2008, 01:19:47 PM
Quote from: Turnsky on September 14, 2008, 01:49:02 AM

Paint is all I have, allso I do nto have a scaner or anything like that so I use what I got, at least for jsut drawings its better then Furcadia's patch editor, anyway why dotn you take a shot at this? draw someones user name it could be anything you think there name meens.

one keaton, hold the mayo!

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Rakala

You don't have a pencil, an eraser, or paper? How did you afford a computer if you don't have anything as basic as that? I can get a blank piece of paper without trying. Hey look! I found on! Amazing!

Nekoboy

Quote from: Rakala on September 15, 2008, 09:41:34 AM
You don't have a pencil, an eraser, or paper? How did you afford a computer if you don't have anything as basic as that? I can get a blank piece of paper without trying. Hey look! I found on! Amazing!

Hello? didnt you hear me? I dont have a scaner! so how am i supoed to put pics on the net without a scaner?!? I use what i have and that is paint....and for your info this computer set me months back in rent =/

Tapewolf

Digital camera?  Obviously it's not going to work as well as a proper scanner, but it works at a pinch.  The only real problem you get is that the brightness isn't uniform, but for a sketch or inks, you can usually fix that with GIMP or similar software.

EDIT:
And Turnsky, that's a nice rendition of Keaton.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Rakala

Quote from: Nekoboy on September 15, 2008, 03:28:48 PM
I use what i have and that is paint....and for your info this computer set me months back in rent =/

Computers are a luxury. You shouldn't set back the basic requirements for living to get one such as shelter or food.

Nekoboy

Quote from: Rakala on September 16, 2008, 10:04:25 AM
Quote from: Nekoboy on September 15, 2008, 03:28:48 PM
I use what i have and that is paint....and for your info this computer set me months back in rent =/

Computers are a luxury. You shouldn't set back the basic requirements for living to get one such as shelter or food.

Who said i set back anything? when i got it from X-mas for my mom it set me back in rent and bills so i took more hours of work and evened it out, but that took months.....anyway i dotn have a didgle carma......i just have the throw away ones....allso.....Can we please stick to the subject of drawing user names please?

Damaris

Okay.  I'm giving this thread three posts to get (and stay) on topic with the subject line, or I'm trashing it.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Nekoboy

Quote from: Damaris on September 16, 2008, 10:33:33 PM
Okay.  I'm giving this thread three posts to get (and stay) on topic with the subject line, or I'm trashing it.

Hey dont trash it because of people off topic :(
look let me catch up a few weeks (i lost my net for 2 or 3 weeks but im back)
to catch up and start this up again kay?

EDIT: o btw Turnsky nice job on that drawing.....I think you should check out art collage if you allready didnt :3