Offering my skills as a freelance coder/scripter(HTML/PHP/Javascript/MySQL).

Started by RobbieThe1st, September 09, 2008, 02:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobbieThe1st

Well, I have decided to offer my skills. Why? No real reason, aside from it would be nice to help people with problems, and perhaps make a little money from complex coding challenges.

I am sure you all have seen a little of my work around, in the form of my (dynamic) signature.

As this is the first time I have done anything like this, PM or post here with any problems you may have, and I will see if I can help you, and work something out if possible.

I don't really have much in the way of shiny examples of my work, as I am not a graphics person. I do however have this I recently did for my Runescape clan, a pop-out semi-transparent background stats window, done using Javascript, with dynamic stats info. Needless to say, my RS clan loves it, although it wasn't that tricky to code, so don't estimate my coding level from that.

My other example, however I don't have a pic of this, is a built-from-scratch IRC bot(using sockets, and I built all the IRC protocol interpretation stuff) I built for the same Runescape clan - It is designed to wait in a channel, and when someone joins, it compares the person's IRC nickname against the clan's forum member-list, and if it matches someone, gives them privileges suiting their rank(and, depending, invites them into another channel). There is also a fair amount of security on this, to prevent people from stealing someone elses nick to grab privileges, as well as some other usable commands and functions.

I hope those are good examples.

So... Post or PM. Advice is always free, and there is no good reason *NOT* to ask!

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.