Wastelands Discussion [OOC]

Started by Arcalane, July 09, 2006, 05:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcalane

Out-of-Character discussion for The Wastelands.

'nuff said.

Might want to port character profiles, etcetera over.

Magic

Port:

Name: Jonathan R. Miller
Species: Feline Anthromorph, Domestic Cat

Appearance: Laboratory coat, goggles, gloves; optical and neural interface augmentations are visible.

Background: Doctorate, ECCE, almost ten years of experience in weapons manufacture and cybernetics during the war. He was immediately evacuated to Bunker 74 in an attempt to ensure the survival of the country's weapons technology post-apocalypse. He is a bitter man, having seen over the years that his machinations and inventions are used for genocide, but that does not get in the way of his work-- which is now more vital than ever as it stands.

He is assigned to the group to salvage and repair as much weapons technology as possible from the city, both to defend the bunker, and secure the survival of the group.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

bill

Port'd:
Name : Federal, Parsons
Species : Human

Other:

Weight :144 lbs.
Height : 6ft. 1in.
Hair : Black
Eyes : Brown
Hand Prefrence : Right
Nearsighted, uses glasses.
Clothing: Brown leather bomber jacket over grey shirt, green lettered "University of Eastern Crossing", jeans, steel-toe construction boots, brown. Baseball cap, green, with white overlayed "E" and "C".

Occupation before incident: Part-time construction worker, student, planned major degree: Architecture, at University of Eastern Crossing. Avid hunter before incident.

Criminal record: Two arrests:
1. DUI, Feb. 2, 2055
2. Possession of unlicensed firearm, Apr. 2, 2056

Misc:
Smoked before incident (half pack a day), lack of tobacco in bunker removed addiction.

Three brothers, all older, and all confirmed KIA in war.

Malakin

info :

Name: Malakin Greymane
Species: Fox anthro (grey colouring, white belly up to chin)

Backround: malakin was a low ranking bunker security officer, he was only recruited recently. He has not been part of any serious events in the time as an officer as he is working in a quiet sector of the bunker, however he has shown a keen skill in using light firearms, spending allot of time in the firing range with the simulated guns, as well as taking part in many of the laser tag (just futuristic) tournaments held by the (living) security staff. Other than his ability to use firearms he is also skilled in using the computers around the offices (has experience with the security robots), sometimes giving tech support to the residents he is responsible for..
He is also quite athletic usually taking a long run around the corridors every afternoon.
Of course he would be willing to do anything to help the bunker and would have signed up straight away if his superiors did not "volunteer" the him anyway.. (rather him than them [Razz] )

If he is allowed this:
Equipment: light BP-vest covering from neck to beltline, rated for severely reducing penetration (still gets through at close range but will not do anywhere near as much damage) of SMG and most pistol rounds also has a titanium antistab backing. light enough to be worn under clothing and at most temperatures comfortably.
9mm caseless falcon pistol with single and 3 round burst, 18 rounds a clip 2 extra clips for a total of 55 shots..
Penknife
small hand torch (+ spare bulb/battery's)
civi clothing - (dark greeny-grey trousers with loads of pockets, trainers, white shortsleeved shirt with "witnessed the end of the world and all I got was a stupid shirt" on the back, darkblue baseball cap)
as well as a dark blue bunker security jacket (security badge on shoulder)
+ anything else the bunker might be offering..

Malakin

BTW, check this site out.. its some person that rides a motercycle through the chernobyl area sometimes.. lots of pictures and info..

Not 100% relevent but  its intresting all the same, you could even think of it as a sneek peek into the "stalker" game :P

http://www.kiddofspeed.com/

bill

Quote from: Malakin on July 09, 2006, 06:17:58 PM
BTW, check this site out.. its some person that rides a motercycle through the chernobyl area sometimes.. lots of pictures and info..

Not 100% relevent but  its intresting all the same, you could even think of it as a sneek peek into the "stalker" game :P

I've seen that before. Absolutely fascinating.

Paladin Sheppard

Name: Paladin Sheppard
Species: Wolf Anthro.
Height: 196cm
Weight: 136kg
Eye colour: Light brown
Hair: Grey/brown
Fur: Rusty brown fur with black patches

Appearance: Currently wearing a BDU jumpsuit with body armor and a sidearm in a thigh holster. Has a standard army issue neural-interface/IFF at the back of the neck.

Background: SGT fresh out of sniper school sent to his old unit that was guarding the bunker. Once in the bunker worked on armorer detail looking after the bunkers smallarms and training those who wished to on shooting and maintenance of weapons.

Current equipment:
SMa3 Sniper Weapon System (Almost identical to the http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn73-e.htm) 10 round clip x2 20 rounds
Guardian 10mm caseless pistol 15 round clip x4  60 rounds
EMP grenade x2
Flakjacket with equipment harness
Hands free Hydration System
Food packets
Comms headset

Arcalane

Quote from: Malakin on July 09, 2006, 06:17:58 PM

If it wasn't for the fact you're in the game, I'd smite you to the moon and back. :P

Also, if your sig is quoting TA, it's "conciousness", not "conciseness". [/SN] (And I'll let you figure out what that means.)

Malakin

Woopse, darn spells chequer :P

not sure why i deserve being smitten to hell and back though 

:januscat yaaa kitty

Azlan

The master is letting me back in... just need to wait to hear what he wants me to do... like what I get molded into...

Okay after some discussion, I shall be continuing forward.  I have documented as clarified and will not work outside of what I have dictated.  I changed his specialization to accommodate a medical role, hope that's okay.

Name: Hayden Khail
Age: 36 (retains physical appearance of 16 years of age)
Species: Marsupial Anthromorph, Thylacine

Appearance: clothing varies, typically a laboratory coat or blazer, slacks, collared shirt, etc. May also be found wearing a military uniform and/or conventional body armour.

Background: Doctorates in Genetic and Biomechanical Engineering, he is an acknowledged expert in the fields of cloning and being interface technologies.  He was employed as a military researcher in genetic based biological weapons, but as of lately, he has been biological computer interfaces.  He was evacuated to one of many military bunkers to protect this valuable national asset.  Hayden possesses extensive medical training as a result of the cross-disciplinary approach of Biomechanical Engineering and for the past 9 years has been working as a physician.

Hayden's species was "officially" declared extinct many years ago due to species conflicts in their home territories.  A renewed and slightly more enlightened society recognized the wrongs of their forefathers and gathered as much genetic material as possible.  Viable material was assembled in the late 80s and the first successful clones were produced in 2010.  For 20 years cloning continued until the first generations, now mature began to show a few specimens that exhibited rapid degeneration.  Many clones were healthy and did not decline, but a few random cases did exist.  The number increased with subsequent groups, but there were not a lot.  Hayden was among those that were unlucky and at age 16, the physical degeneration occurred.  Musculature, skeletal and nervous systems completely degraded over a short period of time, leaving him paralyzed.  Hayden's adoptive father was a cybernetics engineer for a leading private corporation and a fanatic of the technology.  Somewhat to the chagrin of his son, his father utilized him as a test bed for his company's top product line.

He possesses the following augmentations:

1. Tungsten titanium-laced endoskeleton – his bones are reinforced with a crystal lattice of a tungsten and titanium alloy. His paper-thin, near-calcium powder skeletal structure is now reinforced to acceptable levels to ensure that movement will now be possible without shattering every bone in his body.  This process has the fringe benefits of conventionally unbreakable bones (applied and concerted pressure can still break them), somewhat more impact and ballistic resilient, and the ability to inflict damage when he punches someone.  There is a significant increase in the weight of the skeleton and further physical development was halted by the treatment procedure.

2. Biologically weaved Gortex (a specialized type of air-injected fluorinated polymer) into existing muscle fibers.  Normally this is an augmentation, but for Hayden this process was used to repair the degenerated muscle tissue.  He is slightly stronger for the process.  Physical development of the muscles was halted due to this process.

3. Articulation refinements – Joint refinement and strengthening procedures where performed to allow the full-range of mobility and flexibility enjoyed prior to the advanced systems implanted.  He's slightly smoother in movement then the average anthro type and he is immune to arthritis.

4. Synaptic acceleration (increased surface area to all major nerve trunks for significantly higher "bandwidth") - the neural cells, which make up the spinal cord and other main nerve trunks, where encouraged to replicate and lengthen. Normally this would be an advantage, but the nervous system degeneration and the fact that all of these other systems would tax a conventional and healthy person. This procedure was needed just to compensate and rebuild the nerves. 

5. Synthacardium - artificially enhanced myocardium (the tissue that makes up the heart) was added to augment the organ.  Artificially enhanced tissue was added to make up for the weak heart muscle and to handle the load of the other systems.  This has the advantage of making him immune to heart disease and other disorders of the heart and the unit increases his healing rate... just enough to make up for artificial systems a bit. Not regeneration in the least, just a bit of increase to make up for synthetics.

6. Dermal and sub-dermal synthagen/flextin - Artificial skin graft added to offer more resilient sheath for the other systems (so as to not bend an arm and shred all the weak skin due to degenerative organ failure). The replacement is a slight bit more resilient verse ballistics (penetration) and impact.

7. High-speed neural interface and encephalon - This is a high capacity datajack/neural interface of a level of technology and quality to be found among government personnel in a research capacity. One does not study gene sequencing without a high bandwidth connection and a microcomputer, the Encephalon (with an embedded expert system that allows the brain the access all internal memory stores and functions).  It provides firewalling and processor power that can aid in mathematical calculations as well as a defense against back-hacking (a processor capable of erecting barriers and counter-hacking intruders).

8. Cybernetic eyes - perfect 20/20, enhanced vision with telescopic, microscopic, infrared, ultraviolet, light-enhancement and polarization combined in an expensive and very normal looking pair of artificial eyes (frighteningly cute too).

Functional role: He has been regulated to a medical role, as his once valuable genetic and biomechanical training has little value in this new world.  He may also be regulated to the study of mutations and any biological divergences discovered.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Suwako

Full Name: Du6.1  scout unit v8.0
Calling: Dus`Su 8
Species: Android

appearance:

Light humanoid android. body mainly consists out of synthetic's such as plastic. Also some high grade aliminium composide. It has two cams as visual reseptors placed in his head. Aswel as a mouth and its ears are Integrated into its skull.

Data:

Dus`Su's intellegence is primarily limited to logics. It can't recognize regret or anger. However it has been programmed to recognize fear and evil intent. As a scout unit Dus`Su 's capabilities are not much more then walking/running around and interaction with humanoids. It is also able to swim. Main reason why this unit can't fly is to conserve energy. It's powered by a combination of Solar, wind and the static energy forming in its body while moving. It only has two low caliber weapons in its arms with four high explosive plasma bullets each and a stun gun. It caries plastic explosive for demolition work. It's build very light and isn't fully bulletproof. Not even to submachine gun class weapons. The computer is running it's body is placed within the skull and the spinal area most of which is protected by metal elements. It's secondary function of this unit was security patroling and guarding.

Arcalane

Just as a word of warning, folks, I'm having monitor troubles on my main PC and I have no idea how long it'll take to get them sorted out.

Blasted thing is stuck in sleep mode and won't come out of it, and I can't even get into the safe mode/BIOS because I can't -SEE- anything on the monitor.  :|

Magic

Update: Check Jonathan's profile, added a portrait picture.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Azlan

Quote from: Ink on July 12, 2006, 11:40:33 PM
Update: Check Jonathan's profile, added a portrait picture.

Darn you art person! 

He's just as sour as I thought he'd be...

Paladin Sheppard

More proof that Ink art owns...

Arcalane

Turns out my CPU kicked the bucket. I'm working on updates when I can.

And 1 smite for Ink. Do not do that again.

Arcalane

Waiting on Bill to proceed. If you can't keep up, Bill, I'm going to have to remove you. Sorry, but I'm not going to wait several days and have to bug you if you're not going to do it.

bill

I was under the impression that my comment earlier counted as me accepting. Sorry. By the way, if you have a problem in the future, feel free to send me a PM.  ;)

Azlan

So how do you handle your combat encounters?  I'm definitely not volunteering to have Hayden shot or anything...

You better not be!

I'm just curious, as it is inevital that this will come to pass at some point.

The combat not the shooting of Hayden! *growls*

Yes, stop worrying so much!

I'm the one in danger monkey!

Anyways, feel free to demonstrate... on Miller at some point. :D

Arcalane

Quote from: Azlan on August 04, 2006, 04:05:28 PM
So how do you handle your combat encounters?  I'm definitely not volunteering to have Hayden shot or anything...

You better not be!

I'm just curious, as it is inevital that this will come to pass at some point.

The combat not the shooting of Hayden! *growls*

Yes, stop worrying so much!

I'm the one in danger monkey!

Anyways, feel free to demonstrate... on Miller at some point. :D

Usually a d100/percentage roll. The hit chance is modified by terrain, movement speed (for both parties - equal speed = equal, attacker going faster = penalty, defender going faster = penalty) and the skill of parties involved. Naturally, Sheppard will be a better shot than Hayden. ;)

And no trying to incite the GM, or you'll only get yourself[/i] in trouble. >:3

Arcalane

Finished off a render of the three `mechs. Yes, I know the Laser-Cannon is shoulder mounted. I couldn't be arsed with faffing around to get it attached to the forearm, so I just hooked up to the back and cabled it into the two powerpacks back there which you can't see.

The smaller one in the middle has an assault rifle. The HMG is practically invisible there, but I couldn't be bothered with getting a background to look right.

Malakin

wow, nice! how long have you been working on those?
"The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the
universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet,
there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God.
"

Azlan

Not too shaby!  They look a bit like mecha suits.

Arcalane

Quote from: Azlan on August 07, 2006, 07:04:35 PM
Not too shaby!  They look a bit like mecha suits.

I did actually try and implement proportions - something I regularly forget when modelling such things due to the nature of the program I use as a glance at my DeviantArt page will probably prove.

Suwako

Okay, I have bad news for you guys (and for myself)  :mowsad

I'm officially going on vacantion on Friday and won't be back for three weeks. You may want to dish Dus'Su or let someone else play him. The profile and current reactions basically display the biggest part of his (non)personality. Tommorrow will be my final posting day. But it's your decision I no one wants to play him I might as well write a post of him leaving or returning to the bunker.. (and if I can I might walk in again if the GM let's me after my 3 week vacantion)

You could just say that Dus'Su went to the base for a check up with what the heck is wrong with his AI ;)

:mowdizzy

Malakin

not going to be able to post for a few days.. :/ (back Thursday-Friday)

Its going to be a long walk to the gates isn't it :P

Escape will make me God.
"

Arcalane

Quote from: Malakin on August 22, 2006, 01:45:58 AM
not going to be able to post for a few days.. :/ (back Thursday-Friday)

Its going to be a long walk to the gates isn't it :P

Well yes, I did say a few hundred[/i] meters. :rolleyes

Malakin

Escape will make me God.
"