Highs and Lows

Started by Angel, August 23, 2008, 04:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel

This is a game we played in the a cappella group I was in at school. At the beginning of every meeting, we talked about the high of our day (the best thing that had happened) and the low (the worst thing that had happened). I figured it might be fun to try it here. Just post the best thing that's happened today and the worst thing. You can discuss what's happened to other people too.

I'll start us off: The high of my day was getting off of work early because my friend is coming home from college and he had just called. My boss said since we were slow anyway, and it's been ages since I've seen him, I could clock out.

The low, sadly, was calling him back and finding out that he's coming home tomorrow, not today.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Slowtini

The High of my day, was getting off work and starting on the book "IceFire" by Kevin D'Lacey.

The low part, was getting near the end, and finding out that the book was bound wrong, and goes from page 346, to 315, right at the climax of the story.

Shadrok

My high today was I got a pay raise yesterday.
My low today was my boss telling me they messed up, and I'm not getting a raise. :blankstare

Mao

My high today was getting a quote for my motorcycle repairs that was way below what I had expected.

The low was that it's still going to cost about $1200-1750 to fix it.

Angel

My high was seeing my Genocide and Human Behavior teacher at work today. (an odd high, I know, but the man is nowhere near as grim as his subject.)

My low was the realization that I head out to college in a few more days... a very recurring realization.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Mao

My high today was getting the number of two really attractive university girls who live in my building.

My low was the realization that came as I got to work that they likely wanted me to fix their computers or set up their wireless.