18/08/08 [DMFA #931] - Dress? It's a robe!

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, August 17, 2008, 09:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamma

Nah I've only bought three expensive ones, my current two for my main machine and the third which I've offered to Amber in a PM, no response as of yet and at work so no info on the box yet.
No not you Learch!
It's a big ass tube and weighs in at 50LBs. Professional series though.

All the rest are "el cheapos" from Proview with the exception of an HP and the Packerd Hell.
I've bought them over the years for upgrades in size and picture quality, that and dual monitor configurations rock!  :ipod
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

gh0st

if it's any consolation to amber my monitor is biting the dust as i type, at first it just quivered on the screen a bit but now i start the computer consistently to half the screen missing and/or squashed...

any ways HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! HURRAY  your a single year older now!

Malakin

"The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the
universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet,
there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God.
"

Jer-oh-me

I'm probably gonna make Amber mad by saying this, but my desktop, which I barely use, has a monitor built in '91 that still functions perfectly.

As too the comic, the pain in the abdomen makes me worry for Dan's Squeedily-spooch or whatever organs characters in Amber's universe have :B I hope he doesn't have internal bleeding, shivers at that possibility, but I'm probably worrying too much, course it was suggested that a lung puncture was feared so... Eh, maybe its just a sinking feeling. I'm probably thinking about that too much... hmmm... Looks like Dan's slowly losing that silly pink thing that he was stuck in.

Bah! I can't stop worrying for Dan's health! Fi! I'm with you! I hope he survives this one! Durrrrrr... :U

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on August 18, 2008, 08:02:40 PM
I'm probably gonna make Amber mad by saying this, but my desktop, which I barely use, has a monitor built in '91 that still functions perfectly.

As too the comic, the pain in the abdomen makes me worry for Dan's Squeedily-spooch or whatever organs characters in Amber's universe have :B I hope he doesn't have internal bleeding, shivers at that possibility, but I'm probably worrying too much, course it was suggested that a lung puncture was feared so... Eh, maybe its just a sinking feeling. I'm probably thinking about that too much... hmmm... Looks like Dan's slowly losing that silly pink thing that he was stuck in.

Bah! I can't stop worrying for Dan's health! Fi! I'm with you! I hope he survives this one! Durrrrrr... :U

Unlike most creatures, pain is GOOD for Dan, since he practically feeds on it. I'd say he's not going to have an appetite for a long while... And besides, http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_928.php
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Angel

Hooray for Amber's upcoming birthday and Dan's survival!

...Why is Shanna still referring to Dan as 'Danna' when it's quite clear now that he's a dude?

And don't worry Amber. Computers are notoriously fickle when it comes to appeasing their owners. Odds are you'll still have it for a month or two before it dies, then taunts you by coming back to life for all of three days before breathing its last. ...Wow, I'm really not helping. Ah well. Accept my sympathies anyway.

The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Reese Tora

now that it's Amber's birthday in my timezone too, I have to say...

:bday

Happy Birthday, Amber, may your next year be fruitful and filled with good things. :)

:youtheman
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Jairus

It's Amber's birthday in my time zone too, so Happy Birthday Amber! :bday Many happy returns of the day!

Now here's a dancing Cubi to entertain you. Sorry he couldn't pop up out of a cake! Just kidding!

:ddrabel
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Naldru

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 18, 2008, 12:00:46 PM
Quote from: Lucheek on August 18, 2008, 11:58:00 AM
And,my bet is they're going to ask "Where's Hannah?"

"Here, here, a little bit over there..."

You bring up a good point, though.  Anna knows what happened to Hannah, but with a broken jaw, she wouldn't have been able to tell them.
Well, there is a possibility that Anna can write, but with a little splatter here and there, sign language might be enough.

I used to have three dead monitors in the basement.  (My wife made me get rid of them.  She wouldn't believe that I might someday have a use for them.)  To give you an idea of their age, two were Commodore Amiga monitors (made by Commodore).  Monitors just don't fail the way they used to.  However, there are many who don't miss the electrical arcs and instant smoke screens.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Naldru on August 19, 2008, 01:23:45 PM
Monitors just don't fail the way they used to.  However, there are many who don't miss the electrical arcs and instant smoke screens.

Count me among those.  If I have a particle accelerator with an EHT supply in it, I'd like to think that the 26 kilovolts is going to the right place  >:3

That said, my other monitor died with a good old-fashioned field collapse.  Too much integration to be salvageable, though  :<

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

I feel the pain of those with computer failure. My laptops first hard drive had what I described as the computer equivalent of a stroke, It just held together long enough for me to retrieve most of what I wanted. Since the second hard drive the cd drive broke, the battery's efficiency took a dive and I broke my power supply. Various desktops in my house have broken down as well.

I'm wondering if I have that affect on technology. :rolleyes
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Black_angel on August 18, 2008, 09:19:20 PM
Odds are you'll still have it for a month or two before it dies, then taunts you by coming back to life for all of three days before breathing its last.

Now, if you kill your monitor and it comes back to life after three days, you might want to keep it around. :mowmeep
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

MT Hazard

Quote from: AmigaDragon on August 19, 2008, 05:27:22 PM
Quote from: Black_angel on August 18, 2008, 09:19:20 PM
Odds are you'll still have it for a month or two before it dies, then taunts you by coming back to life for all of three days before breathing its last.

Now, if you kill your monitor and it comes back to life after three days, you might want to keep it around. :mowmeep

yeah, it might start a whole new religion.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Pagan

But then the geeks and nerds would call that moniter false savior, because they were all looking for the moniter that would lead them in a revolt against the jocks and preps.

Has anyone just stared at the odd shape the wings make when looked at from above? And I never realized Shanna's hair was so evenly cut down the middle.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Lucheek

Happy Birthday Amber!

:ipod

^ Do that. You deserve it.

Alondro

Monitors don't die!  They just fade away...

*Youngins aint's gonna understand!*
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Jairus

Quote from: Alondro on August 19, 2008, 08:55:10 PM
Monitors don't die!  They just fade away...

*Youngins aint's gonna understand!*

I think I'm getting what you're saying. Of course, being almost twenty-one I don't know if I qualify as "young," but still...

KelseyPotter

I'm pretty sure I get it, and I'm eighteen...does that count as a "youngin"?

Lego3400

Computer failure sucks. My old laptop kept blowing power cords a few months after I got it, so my parents got me a desktop about a year ago. I think they sent the laptop off to be serviced and plan on keeping it <.<

Yeah and  :bday amber. Just year closer till  :oldman then, :reaper  and :grave. Morbid, isn't it

Tezkat

A (belated, at least in my time zone) Happy Birthday to you, Amber!

:bday :mowcookie :bday

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 18, 2008, 04:45:29 AM
When my current CRT conks out, I'm considering getting a VP930 LCD display, which supposedly has good enough colour reproduction that it is suitable for TV work, while not costing $8000.

I've got a VP930b at home. It's an excellent monitor, albeit a few generations old technology-wise. The newer ones are usually brighter and can display a wider colour gamut.

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Alondro

Quote from: KelseyPotter on August 19, 2008, 09:46:47 PM

I'm 32!  That makes me at least a century older that you!   :oldman
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Alondro on August 20, 2008, 09:26:39 AM
I'm 32!  That makes me at least a century older that you!   :oldman

Really? Your profile info says you're 31 until October. Perhaps it's slightly incorrect?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Faerie Alex

If we're going by profiles, I think you may have us all beat, boxy. :U
Jeez I need to update this thing.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Possibly. I wouldn't trust anyone's profile on here, though.

Especially not mine. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 20, 2008, 05:53:27 PM
Possibly. I wouldn't trust anyone's profile on here, though.

Especially not mine. ;-]

Wait... are you suggesting that people are not completely honest on the internet? But... why? Why would people lie on the internet? It makes no sense... my world-view is crushed. I... don't think I can handle it... no, no, you're the one who's lying, Boxy! But, if you're lying... then people DO lie on the internet.

Oh no.

silentassassin

It looks like it's time for plan c. Run for the hills Jairus run for the hills!

Jairus

Quote from: silentassassin on August 20, 2008, 06:32:25 PM
It looks like it's time for plan c. Run for the hills Jairus run for the hills!

Actually, that's plan B. Run for the hills with a package of muffins.

Plan C involves the Geno Breaker.

ShiningShadow

I beat you I'm 43! and a belated Happy Birthday to you Amber. Man Dan and that pink dress that absorbes magic very cool.  I hope Dan innards are ok. This storyline it's getting better too bad on you monitor situation. I don't have any extra monitors here in Alabama,but if any fell off the back of the truck i ship one to you toot sweet. :compbash :bday :judges :oldman

KelseyPotter

My mother's forty-seven. What does that make her? :p

Roureem Egas

Quote from: KelseyPotter on August 20, 2008, 11:42:47 PM
My mother's forty-seven. What does that make her? :p

Ancient. Quite possibly the same age as the dinosaurs. :V Maybe she can make a killing talking about those days.