My laptop lives!

Started by Alondro, August 04, 2008, 10:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

Joy!  I have fixed my laptop without making it explode!   :)

It was that big ol Norton error as I thought.  Took three hours to fix once I had the proper download.

Oh, and Tapewolf, we could've watched "Bleach" on my laptop after all!  I forgot I still had a copy of VCL Player on here with all its codecs intact.  The episodes play fine with it.   :P

Now the next task:  setting up my new laptop!  A Gateway ML6732 with a 320 GB harddrive, Intel Pentium Dual-Core Mobile processor 1.73 GHz, 3GB RAM, DVD RW Super Multidrive w/ Dual-Layer Capability, Wireless LAN, Intel Graphics Media Accelorator X3100 with 384MB of Dynamic Video memory, and 5-in-1 Memory Card reader!  All for $700!   :)

IR tech-saavy now!*

*It should be noted Charles barely understands what any of that means, except that it's a hell of a lot more advanced than his old 1999 IBM Thinkpad.   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

GabrielsThoughts

as long as we're mentioning good news, this weekend  I found a back up disk and was able to recover four 20+ page comics I thought I had lost with my seagate drive... the art needs to be re-inked or drawn  and I almost forgot how ugly it was. but, the good news is I won't have to completely remake them from scratch.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.