[Art] - A couple of sci-fi, Superhero, and some chara sketches...

Started by King Of Hearts, August 02, 2008, 12:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Of Hearts

An attempt to return to my mecha roots. Paladin Sheppard had been nice enough to let me use his chara for this one.

A battle... in Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace!

Expanding on the idea... Kin in the hangar, preparing for the sortie.

The "Villians"

In the depths of the seas of stars, great wars have broken about... Armies of a hundred thousand galaxies march on each other, brandishing their unstoppable weapons, and impenetrable shields, ripping trough time and space, nullifying energy, and destroying matter...

These wars have brought upon great destruction to these creatures as well as to the universe... and in an act of self preservation, the universe birthed the Starmakers... Sentient programs, neither matter, nor energy, existing on multiple planes of reality. The starmakers, whose size may be smaller than an atom, or several parsecs tall went on their journey, filing the universe once again with existence. Many civilizations sought out the power of the starmakers to make it their own... one of these was the Earth Empire of the Milky Way Galaxy.

also An idea that me and Zedd have been bouncing over...

Zedd's chara Superpup's outfit was pretty much Supergirl's [linda Danvers version] I was thinking of using some minor modifications. My first attempt for making a fur-based Superhero design for myself.  The basis I used for this character was Manhunter [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhunter_(Kate_Spencer) ]

Focused more on making the character...

"VITA" A hero with the ability of "Tactile Bio-manipulation" which means he he can mess around with one's organic functions by touch, say healing wounds, forcing cataract growth on someone's eyes or making bones brittle enough to break with a well placed tap.  He can also use the ability on himself to reinforce his muscles ad grant him enhanced strength, or excite the neural highway in his head to speed up his reaction time. With enough time and concentration, he can flat out re-arrange DNA, but he needs detailed instructions on what to change the DNA to.

The effect is temporary, dependent on how much energy he expends on each use.

Chose a Red panda for the species... kinda messed up on the colors, with the hair blending in with the fur... the costume I had in mind was similar to Apollo http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_(comics) but after shading it in it became more like Green lantern's [John Stewart]

Third attempt. Kept the highlights on the hair, but changed the outfit to resemble Nightwing [Dick Grayson] more as the character is more of a street level avenger than a star spanning sentinel.

Another of Zed's characters, Clover.

And one of mine, Suzaku, a phoenix.

Born as a tribal prince, Suzaku was never really comfortable with the responsibilities resting on his shoulders. By the age of 15 he ran away from home, westwards to the Kingdom of Aurelius to seek out his own fortune. He became a student of the arts, specifically of the dance, which he proudly displays in production of a theater that he works in.

4 years later, the elders of his tribe decided that it was time to bring him home, so they hired an adventurer from Aurelius, Clint  to drag Suzaku back to his village. An experienced adventurer, dragging an effeminate dancing boy... seems easy enough. But the elders forgot to tell him something.

Suzaku is a True Phoenix, going trough the cycle of death and rebirth eternally. Within him is the strength of his forefathers [his previous lives] all in all, the might of a hundred men.

"I need a freaking raise."
-Clint

Dont be rude.

Tapewolf

Good stuff, it's been a while since we've had much art from you.  I was afraid you'd given up or something.

I think my favourite has to be Paladin.  Is there a higher-res version around?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

King Of Hearts

aye, its in my other PC tho... I'll try to get ya the original tomorrow.

I hope I never stop drawing... just wish I have more drive/time/inspiration to improve on my style... Ive been looking at my sketchbooks and Ive quite been stagnant since a year ago.

Tapewolf

Quote from: King Of Hearts on August 02, 2008, 10:29:02 AM
aye, its in my other PC tho... I'll try to get ya the original tomorrow.
Thanks, that's much appreciated.

Zedd

Heehee..I really thank you Rei..I find it all kinds of awesome. Shows you gave Mina things to handle,Clover has awesome blades and really nice hero outfit and poor poor Lina

King Of Hearts

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k124/Tohofuhai71/?action=view&current=space.jpg
a higher res version of the Pal pic.

Gwen, a girl with the ability to see supernatural creatures since birth. Adventurous in nature and hardy too boot. She always gets into fights with her contemporaries as she gets teased as that girl who keeps seeing things. A bit of a tomboy having raised alone by her father.

Michiko, the red panda is her best friend, a transfer student from Japan who shares Gwen's gift, but a lot more secretive about it. She's pretty reserved and serves as the voice of reason between the two.

"Hey, Michiko, wanna play? I found this thing in the woods out back."
-Gwen

"Puuchiii~"  :eager

Nine years later

"Puchi! Down, boy! Heel! Heel!"
-Michiko

Tapewolf

Zedd

Makes me wonder what goes on with that group and their pet