08/01/08 [DMFA #928] - tough question

Started by silentassassin, August 01, 2008, 06:29:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

In my writings I've tended to stereotype warp-aci as not being particularly bright.  By the looks of it I may be onto something...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

I'd wager that they're quite bright due to their immense curiosity.. they just seem to have incredibly poor attention spans as a result of the aforementioned immense curiosity.

Brunhidden

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 01, 2008, 12:16:25 PM
In my writings I've tended to stereotype warp-aci as not being particularly bright.  By the looks of it I may be onto something...

well they do have a head the size of a kiwi and i believe its been established that before being summoned they more or less spend an eternity floating in a vast nothingness that would turn a normal brain to mush anyways
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

tiggertoo

I think of Warp Aci as mostly being extremely childlike -- after all, they come from nothingness into a new world of sensation and experience. They're essentially "born" when they're summoned into the Furrae dimension - at least mentally.

Heh, Fi is totally getting into the story. And we already know Kass: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_892.php

Lucheek

Quote from: tiggertoo on August 01, 2008, 01:22:21 PM
I think of Warp Aci as mostly being extremely childlike -- after all, they come from nothingness into a new world of sensation and experience. They're essentially "born" when they're summoned into the Furrae dimension - at least mentally.

Heh, Fi is totally getting into the story. And we already know Kass: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_892.php

I was thinking for him to walk in:

Naldru

Quote from: Mowser on August 01, 2008, 10:54:33 AM

Fine, if that's how you want it:

http://www.answers.com/topic/caliber
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/caliber
http://www.yourdictionary.com/caliber
http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861594145/caliber.html

Hopefully one of those is acceptable to you. :)
You have to quote a source he trusts.  (And I suspect that there isn't much he trusts.)  However, if he can't trust the Oxford English Dictionary, there isn't much hope.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mowser on August 01, 2008, 10:54:33 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 01, 2008, 10:51:00 AM
Only if you trust a dictionary edited by the person with the most free time...

Fine, if that's how you want it:

http://www.answers.com/topic/caliber
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/caliber
http://www.yourdictionary.com/caliber
http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861594145/caliber.html

Hopefully one of those is acceptable to you. :)

Hmm. Let's see:
- Encarta, brought to you by the people who made the stable and reliable and usable.. windows98.
- Mirriam Webster  - the US dictionary. So.. any US-isms get free reign in there.
- answers.com, answers by the majority vote.. and we all know how I feel about the majority of huddled, stupid masses.
- likewise, yourdictionary,.com is a US site...

*cough*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

So this is going to degrade into a:  "The only English is the Queen's English" style disagreement then. :P  No thanks, I have those with my Brittish and Netherlands co-workers enough. (Oh so many hours wasted rejecting defects from my Brittish tester when he first started in this office)

Also:  The answers.com link doesn't seem to have a contributing or voting method, but I didn't investigate it thoroughly.  :B

Anyway:

Quote from: Lucheek on August 01, 2008, 02:10:18 PM

Who the heck is this and why would he walk in?  :confused

Man, this arc is really exciting.  Even though we know the general ending, the details are really starting to draw me in.  Can't wait for the rest of it.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mowser on August 01, 2008, 03:32:41 PM
So this is going to degrade into a:  "The only English is the Queen's English" style disagreement then. :P  No thanks, I have those with my Brittish and Netherlands co-workers enough. (Oh so many hours wasted rejecting defects from my Brittish tester when he first started in this office)

Of course! Why should I do anything else? ;-]

*cough*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

silentassassin

Wait i thought kass and that guy quit. Oh this must be her quiting, this will definitely end well.

Jacob Darkk

I look at todays strip and i can't help but think Dan should have replied, "No I died, I'm actually an Undead Cubi"  and the title for this comic should have been  'Here's your sign.'

If you don't understand what i mean, watch Blue Collar Comedy Tour: the Movie
I reject your reality and substitute my own. - Mythbusters

... Time to de-ass the area with the quickness. - Mythbusters

Jairus

Quote from: Jacob Darkk on August 01, 2008, 06:48:54 PM
I look at todays strip and i can't help but think Dan should have replied, "No I died, I'm actually an Undead Cubi"  and the title for this comic should have been  'Here's your sign.'

If you don't understand what i mean, watch Blue Collar Comedy Tour: the Movie

"Is that ya'll's piano?"
"No, that's our coffee table, it just has buck teeth."

Hm... I don't know if Cubi can become undead. I don't think they can... anyone else know?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 01, 2008, 03:46:27 PM
Quote from: Mowser on August 01, 2008, 03:32:41 PM

Of course! Why should I do anything else? ;-]

*cough*

Methinks Llearch could be, hmmm, I don't know... English? Anyway, I prefer not to use the word calibre/caliber to define anything other than the diameter of a bullet.

Zedd

Only thing we need to worry about is that Fi is going quite nuts trying to find out >:3

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: Zedd on August 01, 2008, 09:18:27 PM
Only thing we need to worry about is that Fi is going quite nuts trying to find out >:3

I think that Dan'll tell him right away, though if he's starting to take after Abel at all he may withhold the information just cause, and Fi'll have to beg and plead. But, I don't think that's gonna happen Monday.

Slowtini

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on August 01, 2008, 09:38:25 PM

I think that Dan'll tell him right away, though if he's starting to take after Abel at all he may withhold the information just cause, and Fi'll have to beg and plead. But, I don't think that's gonna happen Monday.

That's exactly what I would do in such a situation.

Jairus

Quote from: Slowtini on August 01, 2008, 09:57:16 PM

But that would be so cruel and mean of a trick to play on that poor little Warp-Aci! Who could do such a terrible thing?

How long do you think we could drag it out?

Slowtini

Quote from: Jairus on August 01, 2008, 10:00:08 PM

But that would be so cruel and mean of a trick to play on that poor little Warp-Aci! Who could do such a terrible thing?

Based on Fi's mental acuity, maybe a month, tops.

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: Slowtini on August 01, 2008, 10:07:09 PM
Quote from: Jairus on August 01, 2008, 10:00:08 PM

Based on Fi's mental acuity, maybe a month, tops.

A Month? That's all?

Castle Pokemetroid

You also gotta take into account that the little guy is still drunk, after all.

GabrielsThoughts

I didn't want to say anything at the risk of sounding stupid but... Dan has died before.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_176.php

and that's all I have to say about that.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Jairus

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on August 02, 2008, 12:42:12 AM
I didn't want to say anything at the risk of sounding stupid but... Dan has died before.

But that whole arc isn't canon. It never was. Except for Jyrras apparently needing psychiatric help because of all of "his" babies, everything from that event was wiped out of existence due to Amber's "accident." Yes, Dan died, but it technically never happened.

Kuari

Quote from: Jairus on August 01, 2008, 08:12:37 PM
Hm... I don't know if Cubi can become undead. I don't think they can... anyone else know?

I'm 99.99% sure they can...  but what are the chances of a Cubi dying to Undead bites?

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: Kuari on August 02, 2008, 01:04:30 AM
Quote from: Jairus on August 01, 2008, 08:12:37 PM

I'm 99.99% sure they can...  but what are the chances of a Cubi dying to Undead bites?
Especially because the only undead he's met was either pleasantly amusing or in the late Hannah's case seemingly interested in him.

Kuari

Oh, and on a side note, we now know with 100% certainty that DP was not fooled by the dress.

Jairus

Quote from: Kuari on August 02, 2008, 01:54:10 AM
Oh, and on a side note, we now know with 100% certainty that DP was not fooled by the dress.

Well, we've already got Biggs: do we really need another male character who can't tell the difference between a man and a woman when they're in a dress?

tiggertoo

Quote from: Jairus on August 02, 2008, 01:56:08 AM

Well, we've already got Biggs: do we really need another male character who can't tell the difference between a man and a woman when they're in a dress?

In Biggs' defense, Dan *does* have hella sexy legs.  :rolleyes  Must be all that high heel shoes "balance" practice he puts in - and DDR of course.

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: tiggertoo on August 02, 2008, 02:18:31 AM
Quote from: Jairus on August 02, 2008, 01:56:08 AM

In Biggs' defense, Dan *does* have hella sexy legs.  :rolleyes  Must be all that high heel shoes "balance" practice he puts in - and DDR of course.

I'd say something but I'd have to agree even male Dan easily passes for a chick.

Talonr

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on August 02, 2008, 12:42:12 AM

Well, aside from the non-cannon reference there, Dan did have some sort of near death experience the last time we saw him fight DP:

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_159.php

Kuari

I swear his Cubi powers saved him that time with him feeding off Azlan's pain or something...  though you know, that really makes things interesting...  was that Dan's closest fight with DP or were the first and second times higher risk somehow?  It's an interesting thought..