[Story] - Legacies of a War-King, Chapter 1 and 2 revised.

Started by Archanon8957, July 23, 2008, 11:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archanon8957

Eyes like smoldering chips of fire stared intently at a crystal ball that showed four humans on another world. They lie on the grass, looking at the sky and each other with joyous expressions. Then,  a sneer, like that of a boar having tasted something foul, and a voice as penetrating as a diamond tipped arrow, "God thinks he can stop what I put in motion...that fool.
   His lips peeled back in a severe look of disgust as he saw a rather taller stand up and smile at the sky as if he was smiling at God himself.  Though one of the other males, he noticed, seemed to have mixed feelings. He seemed happy, though also distant, detached. His mind was on God. A whisper, as swift as a serpent's tongue tasting the air, "the leader".
Then in a pitying tone, "He always seems to want to make friends with the humans... he likes the attention they give him, I suppose."
   A hand passed over the crystal orb, and shadow filled his eyes as his sat in devious contemplation.  He started trembling in rage- a whisper escaped his lips, "It was I who started the war....The war will be finished, along with God himself...by me. A swish of a cape kicked up a thin layer of dust, and footsteps echoed downward, downward into the city of hell.
****************************<><>*********************************
   He descended down his spiral staircase, past two motionless guards and made his way to his council chambers. The people within the city, at the sight of their ruler, dropped to their knees, most with an expression of supreme terror. Most of the humans living in the city of hell were not there by choice. Other creatures such as the lizard-kin, an odd breed of half man half lizard, were there as slaves. This made the population of the city of hell,  strangely fitting for its name, filled with not humans but creatures of many kinds.
   As he neared the council chambers, a walkway of odd creatures in his wake, he was greeted by Barbarthegra, one of his most loyal advisors, "Azrael...Good to see y.." he read Azrael's face, and slowly, his friendly façade caught aflame. "Was it the blue star?"
Azrael motioned for Barbarthegra to let him into his chambers, and Barbarthegra vigorously stepped out of the way.
   The council chambers was lit by torches with crystal globes over them, suspended high on walls. It fragmented the light, and dimmed what little lighting there was to begin with. The room was oval shaped, table in the center, and on the opposite sides, the entrance and Azrael's throne.
   Azrael put a limp hand on the arm of his throne, and collapsed heavily in it. His deathly gaze fixed on the table, then suddenly shifted to his advisor, "Go and fetch the others, Barbarthegra."
"Yes, my lord"
   Azrael leaned his head forward again his knuckles in the darkened room. For three months, Azrael had that entire globe fizzing with fire, suffering, torment...and in a blink of an eye, God had returned and restored it to a state even more pure than it was. It always baffled Azrael, that a being could be that powerful, and yet care to make a connection with such a puny mortal race. Fundamentally, it made no sense to Azrael, and he loathed him for it.
   He was sure, however, that his plan would wipe him off the face of the planet. It would be a final confrontation between him and that ancient blue warrior. The rewards would be full reign, forever.
   Barbarthegra returned with Azrael's remaining five advisors, creatures of many kinds, not one human among them. Azrael motioned for them to sit, and they did so with a scattered rustle of clothing, curious expressions on their faces.
"The blue star..." Azrael's tone grew drawn out and venomous, "has revived the planet we kept in torment for three months. And is raising an army with the remaining survivors." A silently indignant air circulated around the table. " I know this, he never chooses leaders unless there is some other body to lead."
   A seething advisor  from under the shadow of a cloak hissed, " All we need is one command from you, lord of lords, and the blue star's head will be put on a spit, suspended high for all to see." His words danced in between him and Azrael for moments.
   Azrael , eyes as red as churning lava, "I have a plan. We shall make a deal with the lost souls in Hell to come out and fight for us. We tell them they can keep the planet if they win."  Azrael laughed, then issued a rasp as swift and damaging as an assassin's knife, "Not so, Ofcourse!"
"The army of the dead will keep the blue star busy, and that is where you six," he pointed at the table, "Will pin him down."
Barbarthegra smiled wickedly, "And you shall drive a knife through his heart." Azrael's eyes filled with shadow like it was a black liquid. It mixed with the firey red of his eyes which made appear vaguely similar to blood "No Barbarthegra...I will drive ten knives into his heart.
Loud laughs resounded from the table, echoing sinisterly against the walls.
After the laughter died out, Azrael mentioned one last thing, "And from hell, my dark brethren, I will form a portal into their world that will transport the army of the dead, as well as us."
The hooded creature nodded, hissing in agreement.
   With that, Azrael lifted himself from his throne and just as he was about to exit, growled in a low tone, "Follow me underground  to hell ."

llearch n'n'daCorna

His lips peeled back in a severe look of disgust as he saw a rather taller stand up and smile at the sky as if he was smiling at God himself.

I think you missed a word, there.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Archanon8957

oh yea your right i did...

a taller guy, or man...my bad. Did you know who i was referring to?

thanks,
archanon