[Video] Sword of Sorrow Series and other stuff I do

Started by Castle Pokemetroid, July 23, 2008, 01:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Castle Pokemetroid

Here are links to my Swords of Sorrow playlists:
Castlevania Swords of Sorrow (CV SoS)
Final Fantasy Swords of Sorrow (FF SoS)

Castlevania SoS and Final Fantasy SoS are seperate series.

My series starts at zero, not one, and despite being seperate series, they share episode numbers.

So far, CV SoS is numbers 0-5, 9-10.

FF SoS takes place 6-8.

I also enjoy feed back and comments, either it be hate or love.

Edit:

This is a character list for my own use. Ignore it.

Kefka (Shows up Ep 6,7, 12?): Tezkat

Golbez (Shows Ep6,7, 12?): Basilisk2150

Kaiser Dragon (Shows Ep6,7, 13?): Tezkat

The other six or seven dragons: Lysander, Tezkat
There are no openings for elemental dragons.
(Storm drag: Ep6)
(Mist drag: Ep7)
(Frost drag: Ep6, returns ep12 or 13)

Leo (Shows ep6 only): GabrielsThoughts

Edgar (Shows ep6,7, 9 ): GabrielsThoughts

Sabin (Shows ep6,7, 9 ): Tezkat

Cid (Shows ep7 ): Non voiced.

Terra (Shows ep7 ): Lena

Gestahl (Shows ep8 ): ChaosMageX

Cristopher (Shows ep 8 ): ChaosMageX

Celes: Wuffnpuff

Guy doing episode Courtbattle episode: GabrielsThoughts??? Who the frig knows!?

Edit2:

Wow, this list is helpful at certain times.

Edit3:

Eh, I'm not using this list as much anymore.

Edit4:

Will I ever use this list again?

Edit5:

Uh, no. Highly doubt I'll be using it again.

llearch n'n'daCorna

1) it's "nonetheless".
2) you posted in the wrong place.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Castle Pokemetroid

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 23, 2008, 06:12:02 AM
1) it's "nonetheless".
2) you posted in the wrong place.

Right. To be honest, I had no idea were such a thing would belong.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. Tower of Art, because it's art.

You could always ask, too. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Castle Pokemetroid

Maybe I should make it some sort of "note to self". Ask the box were things go before posting a topic.

To be honest, I didn't think of it as art. Even though it's made with only paint and windows movie maker.

I really need to learn what flash is, unfortunately.

Castle Pokemetroid

I am seriously now thinking no one at all cares about this project. No matter were I go, there's no one to even merely comment on this.

Is a time killer, though.

James StarRunner

I did watch it, all three episodes. I did like the Samus' parts and the Lan/Mega Man convo about jacking in was kinda funny, but otherwise, I was somewhat lost in the story and have no idea how those scenes are intertwined. Writing wise, there were a number of spelling and grammatical errors.

Don't get me wrong, you had some funny parts, but I think you need to have someone proof over your work.

Castle Pokemetroid

No one ever wants to help. I write a script and everything, but there's just no one at all to look it over. I'm just all by myself, which can also explain the horrid animation.

The first two episode screwed everything up. I'll be spending the next several episodes tying things up. Those two episodes were just too random for their own good.

You won't believe just how much I hate the pikachu charater. But I hated pidgey even more, and actually killed it in episode three.

I never forgot about a single charater mentioned yet. Even those guys in the backgound in the game corner scenes make a return in that shop scene. Only death is made into merely a reference, though.

But really, every joke in here, I had to rack my brain upside down to make. Plus, on top of that, I have to make every single little frame in the entire thing with only paint. Yes, I am damn serious. The only used programs are paint and windows movie maker. Every movement scene I have to place the charaters one by one, frame by frame.

The pidgey vs pikachu battle in episode two was pretty impressive with only paint, though.

I was bloody surprized when this vid came out to over nine mins, though.

Sorry, but I just plain like complaining.

I'll make another episode sooner or later, just expect reused backgrounds. You can say that my stock is used up.

Castle Pokemetroid

Yeah. For those who don't know the series, it'll make more sense to go back watch the other episodes.

Here's episode 4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZibWzpwJOpM

Comments most appreciated

Castle Pokemetroid

Alright, I'm nearly finished with a new Swords of Sorrow episode, and I want to have voice acting in it.

So far, I've done as many voices myself as I can, but there are several charaters with no voice yet.

They are:

Kefka: An insane person with great powers. He also is supposed to have a twisted voice as well.

Golbez: Just an overpowered knight. You need to sound manly to voice him. Dosen't matter if I don't find a voice for this guy. He has only one single line in this episode.

Kaiser Dragon: He's a bloody dragon. This certain dragon I would rather to sound scary.

The other six or seven dragons: I really don't care how these guys sound. I'll take anyone looking for a temporary part, they die kinda quick. In this episode there are two elemental dragons.

Leo: A charater that's not very important. Would be nice for him to have a voice, but it's not needed.

Edgar: Important charater. I would much prefer to have a voice actor for him.

Sabin: Same as Edgar. Edgar and Sabin are both male charaters.

Kefka, Golbez, Kaiser Dragon, Edgar, and Sabin are all charaters who will show up in the next episode.

I asked my pen pal if she could do the female charaters, but I haven't got a reply back yet in over a month (Which is very strange for her). I'll post here if she can't do them.

Anyways, all I am asking for is assistance. It's not a hard job at all. The only thing you need to do is record a small voice clip (not many charaters have many lines). I'm not asking for very hard and long projects like drawings or animation help, I'm just asking for your voice, which is not hard at all.

If you can't help, I understand.

But if you can help, I'll PM you with the lines. You can choose to have only the charater's lines, or to have the whole section(s) with the charater's parts.

I'll also be sure give you full credit in the credits. You can also have a full five second scene in the credits of your own, if you want.

If no one helps, I'll be a very sad puppy (Or maybe a very sad Castle, which is strange, unless you're a living castle . . . hmm)

Edit:

A list of taken and avalible charaters:

Kefka (Shows up Ep 6,7): Tezkat

Golbez (Shows Ep6,7): Basilisk2150

Kaiser Dragon (Shows Ep6,7): Tezkat

The other six or seven dragons: Lysander, Tezkat
There are no openings for elemental dragons.
(Storm drag: Ep6)
(Mist drag: Ep7)
(Frost drag: Ep6, returns ep11 or 12)

Leo (Shows ep6): GabrielsThoughts

Edgar (Shows ep6,7): GabrielsThoughts

Sabin (Shows ep6,7): Tezkat

Cid (Shows ep7): Non voiced.

Terra (Shows ep7): Lena

Gestahl (Shows ep7): ChaosMageX

Cristopher (Shows ep 7): ChaosMageX

Random Soilder: Closed

Generic Man (Shows ep 7): Not Open?

Mog: Closed

Celes: Wuffnpuff

You can also take multiple charaters, but if two or more people want the same charater, I'll take both recordings of the people who signed up and use whatever I think is the best one.

Lisky

i've got a deeper voice, but if you want some samples i can do some stuff tomorrow... not much going on, and most everyone i know has work *shrugs* ... but yea... i'll help out with what i can

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Tapewolf

I voice Merlitz and Dark Pegasus in the DMFA Radio Project.  If you need that kind of voice, let me know and I should be able to help you out.

I also played Dan in this experimental clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq5LIb9TUws

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

GabrielsThoughts

I don't have a very deep voice, I'll help any way I can. I can help immediately if you PM with the details
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tezkat

Depending on your production timeframe, I might be able to help out as well. I voice a dozen or so of the characters in the DMFA Radio Project, in case you follow that. I'm usually pretty good at pulling off the deeper and more villainous voices. >:]

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Fragmaster01

I has a midrange/high voice, male. I voice Biggs in the DMFA radio project, if you want an example.

Myr

I could be tempted to join in on something like this...just have to see if I have my microphone. Heheh, I can probably do one of the dragons...

If I can get lucky and find said device, I can try and arrange to give yah a few voice samples. No promises, but I will vouch interest.
'I've seen monks try and cover their ears when they hear these haunting notes, but they just don't understand that your soul doesn't need ears to hear.' ~Malkithe

'Sanity is a spider clinging to a fluttering thread of web unaware of the fingers reaching for it, catching it, plopping it in my mouth....' ~Myr

Castle Pokemetroid

I think I'll repost the charater names, and instead of posting how long they'll show up in the series, I'll post how they sound, and everyone will sign up for which charater they think their voice might most sound like. (I'm actually not too picky, as long as the age and gender match, I wouldn't really care what it sounds like)

Also, there are some new charaters, since I have just finished the script for the next episode.

Kefka: Male charater. You need to sound twisted or insane. Which, as we know, there are not many sane people when it comes to furries, which has been proven by DMFA. Kefka's not a furry himself, though. He is evil.

Golbez: Any guy with a deep voice can do Golbez. Also remember that this guy is one of the three main villans, and I'll be depending on who ever voices this guy.

Kaiser Dragon: Male charater. I'd rather have someone who can sound evil, or reptillain. Some special effects, if you can. Echo effect might work.

The other six or seven dragons: I really don't care how these guys sound. I'll take anyone looking for a temporary part, they die kinda quick. Girls can do these parts as well. I don't even care if a small child dose these parts.

There are three openings for elemental dragons.

Leo: Male. Very temperary part. As long as you sound like someone above the age of twenty, it dosen't matter.

Edgar: Male. As long as you can switch your voice from intensly angry to a more happy voice, it won't matter too much. This guy also hits on almost every girl he sees. Get ready to do those parts as well. He won't meet up with a girl until the third episode, though.

Sabin: Male. He's a buff and muscular charater, but he's also the twin to Edgar.

Cid: A guy in his fourties.

Terra: A very confused and depressed female.

Gestahl: He is king. You need to sound very royal.

Cristopher: Male. A teen can do his voice. He says "boss man" a lot.

Mog: I'm not entirely sure if I want a voice for him. He's a small monster. I don't think any voice would sound right to me. I'd need a sample even before you sign up.

I'm still waiting on my pen pal for Celes.

Just post a message saying which charater you'd like to voice and I'll update the first post with charaters that are taken and parts that are not. I will then PM you with your lines.

This will make it much easier for me. It'll also be much more organized.

GabrielsThoughts

Edgar sounds like an interesting choice... I'll probably  try out for Leo also.

Where's the script?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Lysander

I'd be happy to try out for a random elemental dragon, but it's my first time attempting something like this so I don't know how it will turn out.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Lisky

Kefka: Male charater. You need to sound twisted or insane. Which, as we know, there are not many sane people when it comes to furries, which has been proven by DMFA. Kefka's not a furry himself, though. He is evil.

Golbez: Any guy with a deep voice can do Golbez. Also remember that this guy is one of the three main villans, and I'll be depending on who ever voices this guy.

i'd god for either of them... as i can do insane quite well... along with deep... actually, i can do deep and insane at the same time... so, just let me know if you've got a preference.

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Myr

I hate to say it, but it looks like I have to yield. A whole day of looking and I can't find my equipment....I swear, it's like there's a black hole somewhere in this place. Well, good luck, and hopefully I get to have a listen to that show when yer done.
'I've seen monks try and cover their ears when they hear these haunting notes, but they just don't understand that your soul doesn't need ears to hear.' ~Malkithe

'Sanity is a spider clinging to a fluttering thread of web unaware of the fingers reaching for it, catching it, plopping it in my mouth....' ~Myr

GabrielsThoughts

seriously we need a script if we're to do anything vocally...verbally...audible...immediate

Castle Pokemetroid

Guess what? My pen pal E mailed. She can do Celes.

Also, the charaters that says "Shows Ep6" are charaters that I need voice actors more badly than the others with only "Shows Ep7".

The only other charater that I need lines for is actually Sabin. The frost dargon dosen't matter. After that, I can finish the episode and upload it to Youtube.

After that, it'll take about four months or longer to animate episode seven, giving plenty of time to get Voices for episode seven charaters.

No script has been made for episode eight, so no need for voice actors for them yet.

Tezkat

Auditions for Kefka and Kaiser Dragon.

Yeah, I know the recording sucks. I made these on a crappy phone headset to give you a quick character sampler. The sound quality is not reflective of the more polished recordings I'd produce in my home studio. Speaking of which... my recording time with proper gear is somewhat limited. Depending on your production timeframe, I may not be able to participate at all. I've got a potential recording session slot early next week (say... Tuesday-ish). If you miss that, I probably won't be able to produce anything useful until mid-August. On the other hand, depending on your schedule, I might be able to fill in for a number of extras...

GabrielsThoughts

Castle Pokemetroid

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on July 24, 2009, 04:27:57 PM
here are Leo, Edgar, some grunts, and maniacal laughter...

Now, why in damn hell and all that's good did you voice Celes? The soilders are perfect, absolutly perfect, and Leo is good, even though it dosen't match his age, but that dosen't matter. The guy actually dies in the same episode he shows up in, so I wouldn't care what his voice sounded like.

But Celes, why did you feel that you needed to do her? So what if I gave the whole entire scene? Bah, I'll just use it as a place holder when I get the actual voicing. Might actually save me trouble in the long run.

Your Edgar and Kefka sound exactly the same. Don't worry, your Edgar is a keeper. I'll toss your Kefka voicing, to be honest. Don't want two charaters sounding a like.

But I also can't believe how good the soilders came out. It's really amazing. Maybe you should do all the troops.

Also, Tezkat, I'll PM your lines. Kaiser Drag sounds good, actually. You can get better quality, you say? You just might pull of the Kaiser Dragon.

As for my schedual, there is no absolutes or dealines, meaning that I can delay the project however long I wish. It is a non profit project, so I can release episode whenever I want. Timeframe is no problem. It has actually been six months since I last released an episode. Episode five was marked as being released in November of 2008.

Edit:

Actually, GabrielsThoughts, I didn't listen to the whole thing. I didn't relise that the first one with Leo and the soilders mention barmaids. That was actually some funny stuff.

Tezkat

Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on July 24, 2009, 05:28:23 PM
Also, Tezkat, I'll PM your lines. Kaiser Drag sounds good, actually. You can get better quality, you say? You just might pull of the Kaiser Dragon.

Will recordings on a studio condenser mic sound better than a cellphone headset? Maaaaybe... :mowtongue

The character voices will sound about the same (unless I change them), but the sound clearer and richer, and it will be free from all those popping/clipping/whatever artifacts.

So... would you like me to record those lines with the same voice(s) I used for the audition? I can make changes if you prefer. (Higher/lower pitched, faster/slower delivery, different accent... I'm pretty flexible.)

ChaosMageX

Okay, in my own personal opinion, I sound like complete crap, a total freak, even on the highest quality USB microphones.
But who knows, maybe there are people out there who want a freaky sounding voice, so I decided to try auditioning.

If there's one thing (I think) I can do, it's twisted, so here you go, for Kefka, or any other character you feel I'd be good for:

http://www.savefile.com/files/2164191

Sorry, it's not a direct link because this is what I first came up with when I did a google search for wma hosting.

BTW, Tapewolf, your voice reminds me very much of Ted Lewis, a voice actor from well-known animes, including Yu-Gi-Oh (Bakura) and Pokemon (Giovanni).

Icon by Sunblink

Castle Pokemetroid

Tezkat:
I think they're good as they are. I'm just glad to get voices for them. Maybe an echo effect on Kaiser might help.

ChaosMage:
Could you do Gestahl or Cristopher? I already have two Kefkas. It's a bit unnessesary.

Your regular voice might be good for Chris, but there was much cracking sounds in your recording.

For Gestahl, you'll need to do something extra, though. I wouldn't know how exactly royality might sound.

ChaosMageX

Sure, I guess I can do those characters.

Heck, maybe I could see if my brother would be willing audition as well, since he shares a name with one of the characters.

The only problem is the quality of my microphones.  The recording you heard was done through the inferior headset microphone of one of my dorm neighbors.

It'll be another two weeks until I have access to my good microphones again, and even those may not be the best, but I'll see what I can do.  One USB and one line-in, that's about all I have (and maybe my brother's USB one if he lets me borrow it).

Also, I hate to sound cliche, but when you send me my lines, don't forget to give me my motivation. ;-)

EDIT: And for Gestahl, if by royal sounding, you mean haughty, I think I might be able to pull that off.  But I need to know if it's royal as in regal and to be respected, or royal as in an annoying, self-absorbed pain in the butt.
I'll try making more recordings with my other microphones of my regular voice and my best haughty voice with each one and you can be the judge if they're of good enough quality to be attached to your characters.

Icon by Sunblink