Six Pack Of Otters.

Started by rabid_fox, July 10, 2008, 03:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sofox

That's funny, I was going through the Six Pack of Otters archives, and though it looked different from the two books that I'd got from Beanie. It turns out that the online strips seem to have been redrawn(though hard to notice at first), re-laid out, and the dialogue has been revamped for the print editions. Most of it is pure practicality for the print medium; making sure the pictures are rendered properly, increasing the size of the text, zooming in if the original panels depended on being displayed on high resolution monitors. But I've also noticed the revamping of the comic makes it flow a lot better and I think I prefer it to the online version. They were some small things in the first online comics that made it just a little distracting or hard to follow fully, I was wondering why I found the print versions such easier reading compared to how I remembered reading it online.

Reese Tora

Just a moment off topic, ritalin is actually a stimulant, it just has a focusing effect on people with ADD and ADHD... My mom thinks that my use of caffine had a similar effect on me.

I'v read six pack of otters up till the drunk person in thier house, which is how far the comic was when my computer that had the bookmark for it took a dump.  I should probably see if I can find my palce and get up to date, because I was enjoying the comic up to that point.
(still waiting for their numbers to equal six, though :P )
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

shadowterm

Pretty sweet, I'm going to blame bad load times on Firefox 3.01 and say the site and comic are awesome. My near OCD obsession with reading an entire archive before resuming any other activity is being staved off by aforementioned problem, however.

----------------
Listening to: The
                          Escape

via FoxyTunes
/)//w//(\

Brunhidden

Quote from: shadowterm on July 20, 2008, 12:47:16 AM
My near OCD obsession with reading an entire archive before resuming any other activity is being staved off by aforementioned problem, however.

we need a scientistey sounding name for that, trust me that it'll be used frequently
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Jairus

Quote from: Brunhidden on July 20, 2008, 02:14:03 AM
Quote from: shadowterm on July 20, 2008, 12:47:16 AM
My near OCD obsession with reading an entire archive before resuming any other activity is being staved off by aforementioned problem, however.

we need a scientistey sounding name for that, trust me that it'll be used frequently

How about WABS? Webcomic Archive Binge Syndrome.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

shadowterm

I like it, I have WABS really bad, but I think it'll be better now that I'm done, though now tomorrow around the same time I'll feel like there's this huge hole in my day and I'll try to find another story to feed my unstopping need for input and an escape for reality.

----------------
Listening to: A
                          Spartan Aria (for Halo 3 soundtrack contest)

via FoxyTunes
/)//w//(\

Jairus

Quote from: shadowterm on July 20, 2008, 02:39:39 AM
I like it, I have WABS really bad, but I think it'll be better now that I'm done, though now tomorrow around the same time I'll feel like there's this huge hole in my day and I'll try to find another story to feed my unstopping need for input and an escape for reality.

Well, I guess I could post some of my notes for my fantasy universe in the Tower of Art for you people to comment on and critique... how about that?

shadowterm

I suppose if you wanted too, but don't post it today because you'll just make tomorrows hole bigger, and that's just evil.

----------------
Listening to: supermetroid bossmedley
via FoxyTunes
/)//w//(\

Jairus

Quote from: shadowterm on July 20, 2008, 02:43:32 AMI suppose if you wanted too, but don't post it today because you'll just make tomorrows hole bigger, and that's just evil.

No worries, tomorrow it is.

*surreptitiously notes fourteen minutes left until midnight and Sunday.*

Um, what's with the "Listening To" thing?

shadowterm

Foxytunes, it's a plugin for firefox that controls mediaplayers with the browser so you don't have to switch windows to skip a song and what-not. I'm too lazy to turn the sig off, and it's all from the site metroidmetal.com because it's not compatible with zune, to my knowledge.

----------------
Listening to: supermetroid bossmedley
via FoxyTunes
/)//w//(\

Reese Tora

webcomic archive binge syndrome?

See, I just read through an entire archive in one night instead of getting sleep(it's for the weak, you know ;) )

Done it nine or ten(or twenty) times in the past eight years on comics that had really large archives by the time I started reading them.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

shadowterm

I read Real Life Comics entire archive in 2 days last summer. That thing is updated daily and started in 1999

----------------
Listening to: Theme
                    / Bryyo

via FoxyTunes
/)//w//(\

Jairus

Quote from: shadowterm on July 20, 2008, 12:06:02 PMI read Real Life Comics entire archive in 2 days last summer. That thing is updated daily and started in 1999

How about Irregular Webcomic? That was my first case of WABS, and it has basically been updated daily since December of 2002. I first found it about two years ago, and today should be their 2002nd entry... okay, so three years less than Real Life, but still.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: shadowterm on July 20, 2008, 12:06:02 PM
I read Real Life Comics entire archive in 2 days last summer. That thing is updated daily and started in 1999

Er. It doesn't update daily. Hasn't done for years, now.

"Sporadically", I would term it.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

LionHeart

Usually it updates weekdays.

Although the updates have been a bit erratic lately...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity