Alone in the Dark: Central Park

Started by Teroniss, June 25, 2008, 06:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teroniss

Oh wow, I just finished trying this game out at my friend's Play'n'Trade game store, and while I didn't have the money to buy it, I plan to get it soon, was fracking amazing.

My review:
While the game has great gameplay and story, it does have a few negatives which I will point out here.
Story: The story is pretty cut and dry. You wake up not remembering anything in a hotel after apparently getting the crap beat out of you. One of the guys in thye room starts to drag you upstairs to get rid of you, when the hotel starts acting odd. You later find out something has caused the entire city to be mutated with Central Park as the epicenter. You go throughout the game trying to find out what it causing the strange events and how they are related to your amnesia. Straight forward, and interesting if you like that kind of thing.

Graphics: The graphics were amazing, even during regular gameplay. It has a dark and grainy view throughout the game that most horror games tend to go with these days. Lots of faded colors and dirty environment to add to realism. Overall, you'll be sitting back several times throughout the game going ooo and ahhh while playing.

Sound: The soundtrack to this was fabulous. Very eerie music most of the time, but switches to a haunting vocal song during times of major events such as the second episode. Environment sounds play a big factor into this as well, making you listen to your surroundings to know when creatures have appeared or storyline events are nearby.

Gameplay: This game added some interesting ideas into the Survival Horror genre. You can literally use almost everything in your environment: chairs, computers, pipes, etc. as weapons or simple utility tools. The controls take some getting used to as you have to switch from third to first person alot of times for shooting and camera views, but easily gotten used to.

Overall, I'd say rent it or try it out somewhere before buying to see if you like it, but I can guarantee if you like Survival Horror games, you'll probably like this.