the end of days (ooc)

Started by lucas marcone, June 25, 2008, 02:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucas marcone

Hello and welcome, I will be your guide for the duration of this survival RPG. Please take a second to notice my friend here. say hello Mark. "RAAAAGAAANNNNhur." Good boy. As you can see Mark is a zombie. The zombie that will start this whole thing off.
Survival is the game boys. Have you got what it takes?

The world this takes place in is NOT DMFA, however it does have humans, anthros, and weres. The world we are playing in is this one, a few years in the future. We will be using a technology level equivilent to our own, and no magic.

Theres been some note worthy changes on the map since then. I will list them now for the pop culture/political knowledge of all characters.

2008- McCain becomes president of America. Shedding his cautious approach he adopts an aggresive approach in the Middle East.

2010-The Communist party in Russia gains power.

2011- The Middle East is under the United States' heel and has been divided into 11 provinces where the few remaining Middle Eastern people have been put.

2012- Anxious to restore the Soviet Union to power Russia has conquered most of Asia and all of South America.

2013- Austrailia and many Eastern European countries fall. A war battered America prepares for an uphill war.

2014- The Zombie outbreak begins.

rules
1 absolutely no magic.
2 no future tech
3 no time travel
4 no over powered people

Public Profiles
Name:  Character's public name or alias.
Race:  Race
Height:  Observed physical height. While no one will be measuring you, it is probably best just to give a measurement in feet and inches. (I'm American.)
Build:  Observed physical build. Basic muscle bulk or lack thereof.
Coloration:  Observed coloration of character's body. This includes fur or scale color, hair color, eye color
Clothing:  Brief description of clothing
Equipment:  A list of either visible or revealed equipment. the stuff at least one other character knows about
Brief History:  The briefest of histories of your character. Who he is to the casual observer...
Observed disabilities. Note that you will face all regular challanges of being disabled,but i won't make it harder on you. On the flipside it wont be any easier either.

Private Profiles
Actual Physical Description: nonobvious details of their physical description.
Hidden Equipment:  Any equipment not already revieled, and true uses of those listed if needed. any reviled items goes in the public profile
Abilities:  A workable list of abilities. Mundane skills, one is encouraged to use generalities.
Special Effects:  Effects that affect the character. Situational or constant, they should be outside the character's, and preferably but not essentially the player's, control.
Weaknesses:  The flaws of the character, physical, and phobias that are truly disabling. not revieled, revieled goes in public profile
Detailed History: A more detailed version of the character's history. Hidden details of what happened behind close doors, inclusive to what the character themselves might not know. Everything doesn't literally have to be included, so secrets that the player is fairly certain will remain unimportant to this RP can be skipped over. No penalties will be made if your judgment was wrong unless it appears to be intentionally wrong.

unrevieled disabilites. the go in public profile when revieled.

when your character is finalized the personal profile is to be sent to me via PM to reduce the amount of over the top super secret powers.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: lucas marcone on June 25, 2008, 02:27:04 PM
rules
1 absolutely no magic.
2 no future tech
Well, what do we have, then? If we're using today's tech, there's really not much I can do with robots, and, for some reason, I don't think you're going to let me have a MBT to myself :B

lucas marcone

yeah no robots. we have a whole array of lovely organics to choose from. like jim here, well mannered human only lightly used.... or our brandd new susan model garunteed to meet all your fleshy requirements.

thing is this isn't a go rid the world of zombies type story, it's a survival story and if you're immune to zombies then wheres the fun?

techmaster-glitch

Well, I wouldn't say having an MBT would make me immune to zombies, but it would make it a whole lot easier to deal with them.

Ah well, I guess I could just go with the snarky engineer/programmer who has no life in the first place. "No terminal can match my 1337 haXXor skillz!"

(P.S. You copy/pasted the char skeletons from Unlikely Adventures...interesting xD)

lucas marcone

what? me? copypasta? nooooooo :P

lucas marcone

Public Profiles
Name:  Ian kerrie
Race: were/rat
Height:  6'
Build:  200lbs of slightly bulky muscle
Coloration:  blackish graywith a lighter  underbelly with dark skin showing through the normal spots on a rat (see avatar)
Clothing:  (from the head to the toe) a black ratty bandanna keeps his medium black hair out of his eyes, he has a small dogchain necklace with a thundercats logo medallion, he wears an old thin black leather jacket over a white tank top with a few holes  the jacket is normally open, his pants are camo pants bunched up around his mid-shin over black steel toe work boots, he has a few rings and the usual punk peiceings.

Equipment:  the clothes on his back.
Brief History:  ian is a video store clerk, trained in all the classics he's been ready for this for a long time. ian is a resourceful boy and watchful. at the first signs of the outbreak he started reading his best chances of survival.
Observed disabilities. none.

please keep your starting equipment reasonable to what you are doing at the time of the outbreak. also i will need some production time in order to make this a good rpg i hope you will bear with me.