Attack of the killer underwear!

Started by Ryudo Lee, June 23, 2008, 01:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryudo Lee

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Sunblink

To an extent, I can somewhat sympathize with her, given it's one of my biggest fears to be stabbed in the eyes or receive some sort of damage to one or both of my eyes, or lose my sight somehow. So I kind of grimaced when I read where she got poked. OUCH.

But I really don't see how suing Victoria's Secret is going to help her.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Ragesquid

Don't you know? Blaming the company for something you did with their product makes everything better!

Zedd

Wow checking how shows all that glimmers is not Gold

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Fox on June 23, 2008, 05:31:10 PM
Don't you know? Blaming the company for something you did with their product makes everything better!
The question is whether the company's defective product or her mishandling of the company's otherwise safe product led to her injury. But yes, it seems like people can be rather lawsuit-happy sometimes.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Kenji

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 23, 2008, 05:21:06 PM
To an extent, I can somewhat sympathize with her, given it's one of my biggest fears to be stabbed in the eyes or receive some sort of damage to one or both of my eyes, or lose my sight somehow.
~Keaton the Black Jackal

You do realize the durability of the eye. I've had lip, noses, paper footballs, paper airplanes, pesticides, and even a jammed screwdriver in my eyes before. I also have 20/20. Losing eyesight from item-to-eye connection is much harder than you think.

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Kenji on June 23, 2008, 06:30:05 PM
Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 23, 2008, 05:21:06 PM
To an extent, I can somewhat sympathize with her, given it's one of my biggest fears to be stabbed in the eyes or receive some sort of damage to one or both of my eyes, or lose my sight somehow.
~Keaton the Black Jackal

You do realize the durability of the eye. I've had lip, noses, paper footballs, paper airplanes, pesticides, and even a jammed screwdriver in my eyes before. I also have 20/20. Losing eyesight from item-to-eye connection is much harder than you think.

All I can say is... OUCH.  oO;

Still, the fear of such a thing is really understandable considering just imagining in detail how one can damage their eyes is the kind of thing disturbing enough to make one wince and squint.

Back to this topic though...I can imagine how much it could hurt to have had something shot in the eye with that amount of force, but I wonder if the woman was really justified in suing the company...people seem to take the opportunity to sue mostly to try and make money.

And I also wonder just how much excessive force it takes for a metal pin to fly off underwear, and hit almost square in the eye, for that matter.  Good aim. x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

rabid_fox

Silly billy. Mind you, I buy cheap underwear that doesn't assault me, so I'm not sure of my legal rights regarding the spudcages.

Oh dear.

lucas marcone

thing is, everyone knows most lawsuits are bullcrap. the only reason they find the company guilty is because they then go out and try to sue other people. they're paving the way for more lawsuits. just goes to show how much of a money whore the world is