Limbo of the Lost: One million games in one! (Best game ever or best game ever?)

Started by Dakata, June 16, 2008, 09:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakata

[link to a thread on a gaming forum about it]

Apparently, this game has backgrounds and shit from multiple popular games and movies, like Diablo II or Silent Hill.

Shit, this is just classic. It's so awesome and hilarious, I don't know if this goes in Castle Keep or the Outer Fortress! ...Or the Villa.

Apparently version 1 was an Amiga game, and it took 10 years or so to make the PC version. Hahahahah.

Just read the thread. I can't think of any way to describe this game without copying off the people in that thread. And I'd rather not be like the producers of that game.

I can't find a smiley that shows how hard I'm laughing right now. :c I am ashamed.

Ryudo Lee

I lol'd.

On the bright side, anyone who's ever played Oblivion will know exactly where they're going.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Eibborn

Oh lawdy! XD I can't believe the developers thought that no one would notice! Even though on the last page, there, someone's posted a picture of the game at their home, I still have trouble believing it's not an elaborate prank.
/kicks the internet over

Jack McSlay

Now I feel tempted to get it. not only it should be fun trying to figure where the BGs are stolen from, but the game animations are so horrible they're hilarious
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Ryudo Lee

AFAIK, the game has since been pulled and Bethesda's legal team is looking into it.

Dakata

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on June 16, 2008, 08:15:11 PM
AFAIK, the game has since been pulled and Bethesda's legal team is looking into it.
At least there's torrents of the game for people who want to play "Find the stolen backgrounds/designs" mini-game. I'm downloading it right now! :>

I wonder what'll happen to the guys that made LOL/LotL when they get sued incredibly hard. Especially if the other companies they copied from found out.

Sucks to be them. Especially if they have wives and kids. But I kinda doubt that...

Tapewolf

Well, it's not uncommon for someone developing a new engine - especially students - to borrow art and maps from an existing game for testing purposes.  What you do not do is announce an actual full product in that condition.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ryudo Lee

They didn't just announce it.  They put it on store shelves.

And I was going through that gaming forum and someone had said "If all the companies they stole from sued them, they'd all walk away with $5."  I think that's pretty accurate at this point.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on June 17, 2008, 02:20:32 PM
They didn't just announce it.  They put it on store shelves.
Christ.  That I did not know.
In that case, they deserve the full weight of what's coming to them.

(And I've got to get me a copy of it for sheer comedy value)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Toric

This is quite possibly the worst game I would ever want to sit through. .....In a good way. I love its Wiki article, it has an entire section dedicated to plagiarism charges with the whole laundry list of things it ripped from.
Yap by Silver.

Teroniss

I just love the trailer whne the main character knocks on the screen.

Jack McSlay

Someone finished this classic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URcvdDtnM_0

Can't get more epic than a surprise party with drunk zombies
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.