Project Mobius (OOC) (Mature)

Started by KarlOmega1, May 03, 2011, 03:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarlOmega1

It is mid-21 century, and the Human population fell from 6 billion to tens of thousands...though it was not by war, but by plague. A new, unidentified virus swept across the globe, killing off most of humanity...leaving any surviving Humans somewhat changed. The same virus also caused evolutionary mutations in domesticated animals and wildlife, granting them the ability to walk on their rear legs, increased intelligence, evolved speech patterns...and the ability to use tools. As the humans attempt to rebuild civilization, the other creatures started forming dens or villages. When humans encountered these villages, some were accepting of these new lifeforms...others were not.  There have been struggles between the latter group of humans and Furnaki (the evolved animal creatures)...while the former group attempted to make peace with them.

This RP is a post-apocalyptic Earth setting. You can have your character as a Human or as a Furnaki. I'm not gonna make a char sheet template for standardizing things. when making a character, give some basic info about him/her.

I'll start with mine.

Name: Karl H.
Birthdate: 4.30.1985
Race/subrace/species (species only necessary if Furnaki): Human/mortal
Fur/Skin/scale color: light complexion
Hair: Brown
Eye color: blue
Personality: Friendly towards the Furnaki...though kinda shy around the females.
Starting Manatite capacity (from 10 to 50, 10 being the bare minimum for soul integrity..while anything above that allows for some minor magic.): 25 MP
place of residence: Midwest region of former United States.

(so how about it? Sound interesting?)
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Inumo

Okay, there's a lot of information missing, it seems... Firstly, what's Manatite, what's it for, and where did it allegedly come from? Second, what exactly are we, the players, supposed to be doing? Third, was there convergent development of speech? Fourth, what's left of Earth? Villages? Cities? Settlements? Fifth, is there any known reason as to why what humans that survived did so? Sixth, are there any names to the Human factions? Finally, you seem to be contradicting yourself by saying "no template" but then practically providing one in your character. Which is it?

KarlOmega1

I kind of have some explaining to do.

Quote from: Inumo on May 03, 2011, 11:54:41 PM
Okay, there's a lot of information missing, it seems... Firstly, what's Manatite, what's it for, and where did it allegedly come from?
*ahem* It's a fancy word for Mana...it's used for magic and for the stability of the soul. It's been in existence for a while, but life before the plague could only sustain enough for soul integrity.

QuoteSecond, what exactly are we, the players, supposed to be doing?

It isn't obvious to you? Survive in this new world caused by the plague... You can play as either Human or Furnaki. The RP is a Sandbox type RP (with a mature rating, albeit) which will contain some parts action/adventure, some parts comedy, some parts Battle strategy, some parts horror, and some parts Social/dating-romance.

QuoteThird, was there convergent development of speech?

Yes...Yes there was.

QuoteFourth, what's left of Earth? Villages? Cities? Settlements?

Well...during the middle of the plague, there were some riots in the streets of many cities, so expect some buildings to be in ruins. Most cities are abandoned by humans, except for a few for each nation that are occupied by survivors...save Japan and the UK, they managed to have a good amount of people surviving the plague and their cities seem to be thriving, being Island nations.  As for settlements, the Furnaki have settlements/villages outside the abandoned cities...and there are some agricultural settlements near the human-occupied cities (gotta grow some food for the surviving humans somehow, right?)

QuoteFifth, is there any known reason as to why what humans that survived did so?

This is unknown by the humans in the RP...some say it might be Mother Nature going all "Hmm...I think Humanity needs to start over in these parts of the world. Plague time!" So when the higher forces that be decided that enough of the human populace has died off, the plague stopped.

QuoteSixth, are there any names to the Human factions?
As of the moment, those who are friendly to the Furnaki are known as Progressionists...those hostile to the Furnaki are known as Purists.

QuoteFinally, you seem to be contradicting yourself by saying "no template" but then practically providing one in your character. Which is it?

You're right about this part...I should've been more clear on this part.

What I meant to say was that I would not be setting a standard for character profiles and that players can make their character profiles any way they want...though I suggest that the race/subrace/species part as well as name, starting manatite capacity, physical description and gender parts be important parts of their character profiles.
BTW, I should've mentioned my character is 5'8".

(Also...had to type all this in Office Word since the posting space in IE keeps on pushing the view up to the top of the post when I'm typing. Stupid Internet Explorer...)
I'm a Skype User.

Inumo

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on May 04, 2011, 08:26:41 PM
Quote from: Inumo on May 03, 2011, 11:54:41 PM
Okay, there's a lot of information missing, it seems... Firstly, what's Manatite, what's it for, and where did it allegedly come from?
*ahem* It's a fancy word for Mana...it's used for magic and for the stability of the soul. It's been in existence for a while, but life before the plague could only sustain enough for soul integrity.
Okay, are there any mythos relating to where it came from, et cetera?

QuoteSecond, what exactly are we, the players, supposed to be doing?

It isn't obvious to you? Survive in this new world caused by the plague... You can play as either Human or Furnaki. The RP is a Sandbox type RP (with a mature rating, albeit) which will contain some parts action/adventure, some parts comedy, some parts Battle strategy, some parts horror, and some parts Social/dating-romance.
So you know, this is a very... iffy path to take, making it so open. It's hard for potential players to figure out what they're supposed to be doing if there's no guidance given in the form of major settlements, recent history, conflicts they can take part in, et cetera.

QuoteThird, was there convergent development of speech?

Yes...Yes there was.

QuoteFourth, what's left of Earth? Villages? Cities? Settlements?

Well...during the middle of the plague, there were some riots in the streets of many cities, so expect some buildings to be in ruins. Most cities are abandoned by humans, except for a few for each nation that are occupied by survivors...save Japan and the UK, they managed to have a good amount of people surviving the plague and their cities seem to be thriving, being Island nations.  As for settlements, the Furnaki have settlements/villages outside the abandoned cities...and there are some agricultural settlements near the human-occupied cities (gotta grow some food for the surviving humans somehow, right?)

QuoteFifth, is there any known reason as to why what humans that survived did so?

This is unknown by the humans in the RP...some say it might be Mother Nature going all "Hmm...I think Humanity needs to start over in these parts of the world. Plague time!" So when the higher forces that be decided that enough of the human populace has died off, the plague stopped.

QuoteSixth, are there any names to the Human factions?
As of the moment, those who are friendly to the Furnaki are known as Progressionists...those hostile to the Furnaki are known as Purists.
This is the kind of thing you need to put in your first post. There's a lot of stuff in this short section that many players might find necessary when considering joining.

Anyways, knowing this, I think I'll be okay without joining, but I wish you luck in any future endeavors!

VAE

Not sure , Inumo... i mean Ashen was extremely descriptive and her RP didn't take off either, It's more a matter of luck and of the concept being interesting to folk present , and people not being busy. Stuff like this often gets brainstormed in place anyways.
I mean, on places like NS, some RPs that take off are way worse than stuff that dies here - we have quite small active player base.
It's trial and error in part
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

KarlOmega1

Quote from: VAE on May 04, 2011, 09:32:43 PM
Not sure , Inumo... i mean Ashen was extremely descriptive and her RP didn't take off either, It's more a matter of luck and of the concept being interesting to folk present , and people not being busy. Stuff like this often gets brainstormed in place anyways.
I mean, on places like NS, some RPs that take off are way worse than stuff that dies here - we have quite small active player base.
It's trial and error in part

I agree...though it mostly ends up in failure for me ;_;
I'm a Skype User.