The DMFA Radio Project

Started by Tezkat, July 08, 2006, 04:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on May 10, 2007, 08:05:52 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on May 10, 2007, 03:03:22 PMMr. Shadow was Aniz anyway, which Amber has implied is not the case.

No, she bet me that *Cid* wasn't Mr. Shadow.  (I had been meaning to bring this point up)
Ohohoho.  That would be just the sort of misdirection Amber likes.

I'll check the Albanion thing when I get home because putfile crashes my work browers, as I have occasionally mentioned  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

Quote from: Goatmon on May 11, 2007, 01:20:11 AMHere we have Albanion's dialog, excluding today's page because it wasn't up yet at the time.  I may record additional dialog later, but I think I'll be lazy and wait for more pages to come first.

Not bad, but doesn't the popcorn make it more difficult for you to talk?  I don't think I could do a take right after eating a bunch of salty popcorn.  Or was that a later take that you edited in?  (Actually, I can hear the water in your mouth, so it sounds like that must be one take)

If Albanion is royalty (his relationship to Nutmeg would seem to suggest this, but he could be a commoner turned king consort or a page), then I'd expect him to sound *slightly* more royal.

Emphasis on slightly.  It's a great voice for Albanion, and I think it would work out great.  I'd work on making your `s's more refined, *if* it turns out that Albanion should have a more stately pronunciation.  This might even be popcorn-related.

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 11, 2007, 07:13:50 AM
Quote from: superluser on May 10, 2007, 08:05:52 PMNo, she bet me that *Cid* wasn't Mr. Shadow.  (I had been meaning to bring this point up)
Ohohoho.  That would be just the sort of misdirection Amber likes.

...You know, I just checked the quote, and I said `he,' not `Cid.'  I just assumed that I had because it *is* the type of misdirection that Amber likes.  I might have implied that `he' was `Cid' in the  thread that was used.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tapewolf

I've just checked out Goatmon's Albanion voice.  I like it.  My only comment so far is that it's a bit too intelligible for someone who's eating.  I'd kind of expect the odd moment where he's pausing to eat some more or even trying to talk with one side of his mouth full of food.  Particularly when Jy and Lorenda suddenly spot him.

rabid_fox

Ok folks. Could I ask for another role that needs filling? You know my voice now and you know what needs filling. I'm feeling at a loose end, cause I was enjoying doing this so much and suddenly, bazam, throat elbow. So annoyed. I'd like to look into another role while I'm out of action.

Oh dear.

Caswin

*Works on an Aniz recording*

...er, how do I get my lines up, again?
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

llearch n'n'daCorna

you mean, how do you upload them, or how do you find the scripts?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Caswin

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 13, 2007, 04:06:27 AM
you mean, how do you upload them, or how do you find the scripts?
Uploading.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Put them on a website somewhere.

If you're still stuck, email them to me, and I'll put them up for you.

Or you can email Tapewolf. Or...

Yeah. Let's just stop there. :-) If you're still stuck, pm me, and we'll sort something out.

superluser

Just do RapidShare.  It's free, and I think it's unlimited.

Tapewolf

Well, there's always Rapidshare.  It gets a bit picky if you download more than one thing a day, though, but it's okay in moderation...

[As Superluser points out.  But he didn't point out the drawbacks so I'm posting this anyway]

Goatmon

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 11, 2007, 04:34:04 PM
I've just checked out Goatmon's Albanion voice.  I like it.  My only comment so far is that it's a bit too intelligible for someone who's eating.  I'd kind of expect the odd moment where he's pausing to eat some more or even trying to talk with one side of his mouth full of food.  Particularly when Jy and Lorenda suddenly spot him.

I'll keep that in mind....  :mowcookie

Caswin

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 13, 2007, 02:55:02 PM
Put them on a website somewhere.

If you're still stuck, email them to me, and I'll put them up for you.
Um, how do I email you?
Yap yap.

llearch n'n'daCorna

via pm. Or via the email address that I believe is on the forum?

Or is that hidden?

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 13, 2007, 05:05:14 PMvia pm. Or via the email address that I believe is on the forum?

Or is that hidden?

Yours is.

llearch n'n'daCorna

bugger. Sorry about that. Although, to be honest, my email address is not that hard to figure out.

I own llearch.net. That should be enough to figure it out. :-)

Damaris

locked pending a shiney new thread! 

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber