Unlikely Adventurers (OOC) – Closed: Starts Thursday

Started by Ryan_Galen, June 10, 2008, 01:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miaka

Yeah, i know, i'll get on doing the private profile-thing ASAP, by which I mean as soon as my brain lets me think again.

e_voyager

sorry about the spelling but i kept losing net and rewrote it about eight times and well i got tired of doing that and wanted you to have some ideal what i was talking about before i went crazy with my Internet. i should mention that his skills are still woefully underdeveloped except healing and herb lore. those he learned well as there was much call for them during his time at the Abby.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Ghostwish

Ryan_Galen

Sorry go fish.

I'm not going to say who is holding who up... which actually might work if we had more then two GMs. At the very least I have personally waited longer then I should to respond to voyager. I'll get to him tomarrow.

As for the rest, I'm waiting for a responce from llearch. An important one I can't just skip by. He is the forum's worst lurker, on top of which he also has a job. Maybe even a wife and kids as far as the rest of us know. So he is a busy person.

At the moment things are looking good, though people not already involved who want to enter best post their profile/applications sooner rather then later. We can't keep it open forever after all.

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Ghostwish

Dangit! *rips off his pants*

Aye, more often than not the hardest part about a forum story is getting the blasted thing going in the first place. If I were a less-than green member around here, I'd offer myself as a co-gm. But, until then...

Any 7s?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ryan_Galen on June 17, 2008, 10:20:37 PM
I'm not going to say who is holding who up... which actually might work if we had more then two GMs. At the very least I have personally waited longer then I should to respond to voyager. I'll get to him tomarrow.

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Quote from: Ryan_Galen on June 17, 2008, 10:20:37 PM
As for the rest, I'm waiting for a responce from llearch. An important one I can't just skip by. He is the forum's worst lurker, on top of which he also has a job. Maybe even a wife and kids as far as the rest of us know. So he is a busy person.

Job, wife, kid, house, mortgage, admin the forum, websites on the side, code, write, ...

Yah. Sorry, folks. My bad. I'll try to get a response in today.

Work has been... unusually overbusy. To the point I'm working at 8 or 9 at night. Plus more at home, plus more in the morning. :-/
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ghostwish

You should clone yourself.

What? It's a good idea..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, and just in case anyone thinks I haven't been doing anything visible, http://llearch.net/misc/rp/ has a link to what I've been doing.

Amongst other things...

Edit:
Erm, yeah. There's now a nice char description for "James Vincent" on there - otherwise known as "Vinny the torch", mostly because he usually ends up burning off his hair...

I'd paste all the details, but there's no point duplicating effort. ;-]

http://llearch.net/misc/rp/UA/?page=James_Vincent

e_voyager

i've been thinking up more concrete background on Eric but fist is his type of being acceptable. 

Ghostwish

There an active chat for this forum anywhere?

llearch n'n'daCorna

.. for this specific game, or for the forum as a whole?

Ghostwish

llearch n'n'daCorna

ok, no, and no.

There _is_ a related IRC that isn't the official one, in fact it's the officially unofficial DMFA IRC, in that Amber officially has no control nor recognition of the contents therein, and it's only a bunch of fans getting together. If you pay attention, you might even have noticed the link in my sig...

e_voyager

can i post a revised version of my prospective character? it has a decent amount of detail

llearch n'n'daCorna

At this stage? Certainly.

All characters are provisional, so edits are acceptable.

When Ryan reappears, we'll see where we go from there.

techmaster-glitch

I'm actually working on a slight revision myself (I want to replace the little clockwork spiderbot drones with something else), and I'm just putting the finishing touches on it. I was going to PM the request for revison(with details of said revsion, of course) to Ryan, but should I send it to you right now instead, llearch?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Both. Assuming it's the private description, and not the public one.

The public one, I'd expect a note here - although you can PM me, I'll put it on the webpage I wrote, and you can point people at it...

techmaster-glitch

Actually, both the 'public' and 'private' info are in the same batch, and not in any actual format. Just details requesting approval for a switch. But sure, I'll send the whole PM to you and Ryan both, like you say. Then you can tell me if I can swap it or not.

e_voyager

Name:  Eric (Elementary Reconnaissance Inconspicuous Construct)
Race:  (canine) being
Height:  6'2"
Build:  a farmers build appears to have gotten his muscle mass and tone the old fashioned way working the fields
Coloration:  mostly grey with brown highlights
Clothing:  monks robes but they may not be his own ( will change later )
Equipment: metal tipped walking stick with some kind avian of carving on top
Abilities: knows some herd lore and the basics of healing, he has basic of combat training and keen eye with good aim. while less then great at using a bow he showed great promise with throwing knives. his swordsmanship  basic and would not last against a swordsman of any true skill, his walking stick that he uses as a  Bo staff with better skill then his swordsmanship.

Brief History:  Eric's early memories  are of running away form some where or some one. he was taken in by  an Abby and there he spent the better part of 2 years relearning the basic of civilization and life beyond hunger and flight. he was tutored in the Basie of several skills clothed in a monks robes and with a ornate walking stick and a few learns minor healing spells he left the Abby about 1 year 8 months after he was taken in with no memory of his prior life. despite his progress Eric is a bit awkward around people and is not always the quickest on the uptake of when someone is being sly or trying to use him.

techmaster-glitch

llearch, I assume you read the PM with the info of what I want to swap Karazkt's little robot drones with by now, so, is it approved? May I edit my public profile with its info?

llearch n'n'daCorna

I have looked at it. I don't think I read it fully, being somewhat busy.

And I'm waiting for Ryan to reappear. He seems to have been delayed...

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 24, 2008, 06:23:19 PM
I have looked at it. I don't think I read it fully, being somewhat busy.

And I'm waiting for Ryan to reappear. He seems to have been delayed...
Ah. Gotcha. I just always get nervous when I don't hear anything :/

llearch n'n'daCorna

I can understand that.

Nevertheless - you haven't heard because I haven't heard. I'll let you know when that changes ;-]

Ghostwish

The website is looking nice! How much, if any, are you planning on adding to it? ^_^

llearch n'n'daCorna

Not a lot. Why, did you have idea for things that would be appropriate there?

Azlan

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 25, 2008, 11:20:47 AM
Not a lot. Why, did you have idea for things that would be appropriate there?

Game secrets... pr0n...  >:3
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

llearch n'n'daCorna

There are already game secrets there.

As for pron... I would, but I'm having difficulty finding tubgirl again...

Ghostwish

Hmmm, not at present, no.. Maybe after the story gets rolling I could mention a few things, but not yet.

Still looks good. ^_^

llearch n'n'daCorna

What are you talking about?

There's lots of game secrets there.

... behind a password. ;-]