The world is a little less funny now.

Started by Teroniss, June 23, 2008, 09:45:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teroniss

One of the greatest American comedians, George Carlin died yesterday of heart failure.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601088&sid=avd8IiyNuA6M&refer=muse
No longer shall we be able to laugh at his angry, antigovernment, antireligion, antieverything antics.  :cry

Ryudo Lee

I heard about that this morning.  What a tragedy.  He was one of my favorite comedians.  I guess he saw it coming though, as much of his more recent stand-ups dealt with the subject of death.  Maybe he made peace with that.  But I can't help but feel he was taken too soon. :reaper

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Angel

Los Angeles -- George Carlin mourned as a counterculture hero

It's happened. The greatest comedian of all time was at a hospital complaining of chest pain this Sunday and died that evening. He was 71. I don't know about anyone else, but I worshipped this guy, and he will be missed. Rest in peace, George.

:grave

EDIT: Whoops. This was already posted. My bad.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Angel

Beat me to it. Damn. As I said in the topic I just made, George Carlin was my idol. I seriously came close to crying when I found out. I dunno if I'll ever be able to read Napalm and Silly Putty the same way again... I miss him.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Black_angel on June 23, 2008, 01:57:17 PM
EDIT: Whoops. This was already posted. My bad.

S'ok. We have a fix for that... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Teroniss

I'm glad I got to see him in person before he died and talk to him backstage for a few minutes. A brilliant man, it's a terrible shame to see him go.

Shadrok

I just finished listening to him in an interview where he talks about obituaries.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VfIVgh4OjQA

This came to mind from what he said.

rabid_fox

RIP. I've never heard any of his work, but someone as respected as he is deserves a tip of the hat.

Oh dear.