06/01/08 [Hybrids #6] - Crossbreeding with the Fae

Started by Sunblink, May 31, 2008, 11:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleolus

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 01, 2008, 02:47:51 AM
The fact they have no brain capacity to learn how to walk on their own...much less fight...would likely sway anyone from thinking they are a valuable source of soldier.

Seriously.

Perhaps the whole thing in the comic makes it sound like they are just empty vessels of insincts...but really...there is nothing there. No ability to learn. No ability to react to their outside surroundings. Most Fae will kill them at birth, not out of cruelty but because they feel it is even worse to leave something like that alive yet un-alive.

The Hollows are literally the things the Fae never like to admit exist because it is so horribly depressing and bleak.

Sooo, if a fae crossbreeding with another creature produces a hollow, does that mean that Fae themselves are Wholes?  And do the Fae have a society which deals with the Hollows, who all wear black kimono's and carry around zanpaktos?

:boogie :boogie :boogie

*EDIT* I fully expect Fluffy to come out and smack me for that one  :B

llearch n'n'daCorna

No, just me, for not editing your quotes.

And believe me, if I have to keep on doing this, I will start doing it the easy way, by turning your post into an empty hole.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kuari

....  *looks around all shifty eyed....*

.....if you made armor out of Hollow bone, would it be completely magic proof?

Amber Williams

And this is why I didnt want to mention the Hollows.

I am done with this thread.

Kuari

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 01, 2008, 03:49:15 PM
And this is why I didnt want to mention the Hollows.

I am done with this thread.

Yeeee, another artist's mind corrupted, lol

thegayhare

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 01, 2008, 01:57:24 PM
One really needs to consider how old the Fae are, and how much experience they have with dealing with other worlds/dimensions/realities.  The average Fae can often live longer than the average civilization.

Part of the reason the Hollows are so depressing for the Fae is because despite this, its something even they can't quite "fix".  And believe me, they have tried.  It can go without saying that at some point it was likely every suggestion you guys have given has been tried...each time with the same result.

Thats something I keep needing to remind you guys about the Hybrid Genetics page: Fluffy isn't giving hypotheticals, she is giving straight up facts. If there was a chance for an exception, she would have added "with a rare exception of..."

Thats got to be hard,

It reminds me of the Mokole from world of Darkness
Most species of shifter in that game have Metis, The result of a full breed were breeding with anouther full were.  The result is a sterile creature who spends it's entire childhood in it's crinos form (wolf man basically) 

But for the Mokole that doesn't happen.  The werereptiles metis are still born.  and the ghosts of these offspring can become predatory and haunt the edges of the spirit world

tlarn

Quote from: Aleolus on June 01, 2008, 02:43:20 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on June 01, 2008, 02:47:51 AM
The fact they have no brain capacity to learn how to walk on their own...much less fight...would likely sway anyone from thinking they are a valuable source of soldier.

Seriously.

Perhaps the whole thing in the comic makes it sound like they are just empty vessels of insincts...but really...there is nothing there. No ability to learn. No ability to react to their outside surroundings. Most Fae will kill them at birth, not out of cruelty but because they feel it is even worse to leave something like that alive yet un-alive.

The Hollows are literally the things the Fae never like to admit exist because it is so horribly depressing and bleak.

Sooo, if a fae crossbreeding with another creature produces a hollow, does that mean that Fae themselves are Wholes?  And do the Fae have a society which deals with the Hollows, who all wear black kimono's and carry around zanpaktos?

:boogie :boogie :boogie

*EDIT* I fully expect Fluffy to come out and smack me for that one  :B
I KNEW SOMEONE WOUILD MAKE A BLEACH REFERENCE.

I KNEW IT.

Kuari

...you know, I'm suddenly curious what scared Amber off...  the Bleach references, or my armor question...  INQUIRING NECROMANCERS WANT TO KNOW!!!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kuari on June 01, 2008, 04:11:08 PM
...you know, I'm suddenly curious what scared Amber off...  the Bleach references, or my armor question...  INQUIRING NECROMANCERS WANT TO KNOW!!!

Persistent stupidity.

thegayhare

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 01, 2008, 05:06:30 PM

Persistent stupidity.

Thats got my vote

Psaakyrn

I'd think that Hollow's are what they are not because of the lack of soul, but precisely because they're 100% magic immune, rejecting souls, as opposed to simply not having a soul. I'd think that the only conceivably possible solution is by virgin pregnancy (aka no impregnation involved), but that's not breeding either. For this to work, the pregnant side has to be the fae. (not necessarily female)
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Damaris

Okay.

1) The comic gave you all the information you all needed to know.
2) NO MORE SPECULATION ON THE HOLLOW.

I will allow continued discussion, but any more speculation on... anything having to do with them, really, and I'm shutting down the thread.  Some of you have already disgusted two mods, let's try not to make it a third.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: thegayhare on June 01, 2008, 05:21:52 PM

Persistent stupidity.

Thats got my vote

Hardly the right place,  TGH, but did you ever get that PM I sent? I don't have any other way of asking you without sending another PM and that seems kind of pointless if the first one went missing. D:
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agencyâ„¢. And possibly spy cameras.

Jigsaw Forte

Is it just me, or do I see Amber playing word of God with this Mini Arc...

*WHAM* "No Half-cubi for you!"
*WHAM* "No Undead Babies for you!"
*WHAM* "No Fae parentage for you!"

And with every page, more squealing fanfic writers die XD

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on June 01, 2008, 06:17:42 PM
Don't feel sorry for them. The weak will fall, the strong will thrive.

techmaster-glitch

Good gods, she's playing Whack-A-Mole with the ficwriters! :U

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on June 01, 2008, 06:40:13 PM
Don't feel sorry for them. The weak will fall, the strong will thrive.
Where exactly did I say I felt sorry for them?  >:3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on June 01, 2008, 06:40:13 PM
Don't feel sorry for them.
Says the guy who illustrates one  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sunblink

Persistent stupidity.

Yeah, that sounds about right. I'm starting to hate the speculation on this forum something fierce, and I usually love to speculate.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Slowtini

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 01, 2008, 07:44:41 PM

You say that like it's a bad thing...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Slowtini on June 01, 2008, 08:36:06 PM
You say that like it's a bad thing...
Think about it.  If there were no fan characters and backstories to go with them, this place would be pretty empty and boring.  A great chunk of the RPs are DMFA-connected or have DMFA-inspired characters in them.  About half the threads in the art section are to do with DMFA or DMFA-based characters.

Personally, I think Jig is simply jealous because no-one has made a Last Resort fanfic yet  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

bill

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 01, 2008, 08:48:36 PM

Personally, I think Jig is simply jealous because no-one has made a Last Resort fanfic yet  >:3

Actually, I want to do one, but I'm seriously intimidated by the idea :<

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 01, 2008, 08:57:15 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on June 01, 2008, 08:48:36 PM

Actually, I want to do one, but I'm seriously intimidated by the idea :<

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Hopefully once I reveal more of the general structure that'll help things along. *blush*

Twist

She is well within her rights, since she created the world for which she is defining the rules.

To paraphrase some advice for writers I read somewhere:

The writer's job is harder than Gods, since in the real world if something stretches our credulity we can not be upset because it is real and right in front of us.

If you don't like it as a fan fiction writer you should make up your own world where you can make the rules.

BarGamer

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 01, 2008, 07:44:41 PM

As long as she doesn't touch the various Jyrras or Mab slash-fics, I'll be okay.

:D

ChaoSynergy

Quote from: Alondro on June 01, 2008, 02:23:03 PMOne question though:  What is the significance of 21 years old?

I too, am curious about this.  Why the 21st hour of their 21st?

Brunhidden

Miss Williams is like a giant bug zapper for fanfic writers.

and oh yes, i kinda just KNOW someone is thinking 'but what if an undead bites a hollow before they die'- well not everyone would put two and two together, what with hollow being magic immune they'd just get a bite wound.

yay, i get to kill one possibility too!

QuoteIn films murders are always very clean. I show how difficult it is and what a messy thing it is to kill a man.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Turnsky

Quote from: Brunhidden on June 02, 2008, 01:12:55 AM

yay, i get to kill one possibility too!

the harder somebody tries to make something impossible, the more people try to find away around it, vexing the writer to no end.
if a writer pretty much says "it's not gonna happen" It. Will. Not. Happen. yes it's fun to speculate, but only along the lines of the topic keeping logic in mind, when that goes out the window, it only serves to irritate.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ChaoSynergy on June 02, 2008, 12:56:37 AM
Quote from: Alondro on June 01, 2008, 02:23:03 PMOne question though:  What is the significance of 21 years old?

I too, am curious about this.  Why the 21st hour of their 21st?

Pity the persistent stupidity and ranting has driven the author off, otherwise you might have got an answer.