DMFA's 10th birthday?

Started by Jack McSlay, May 27, 2008, 06:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleolus

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 30, 2008, 02:21:16 AM
Quote from: Brunhidden on May 30, 2008, 01:36:45 AM
well it has been leaked that when DMFA does end, which it eventually will, that it will be replaced by another comic

a slightly mature comic

where flying turtles periodically have sex, and just about everyone else is homicidal

but its not actually about that, thats just for flavor

Silly Brunhidden. We all know my characters never get to have sex. :<

You mean Merl and Aaryana never got it on?  Strange, with her being a Succubus, I had expected that they'd be doing it several times a day  :D

tlarn

Quote from: Aleolus on May 30, 2008, 03:10:43 AM
well it has been leaked that when DMFA does end, which it eventually will, that it will be replaced by another comic

a slightly mature comic

where flying turtles periodically have sex, and just about everyone else is homicidal

You mean Merl and Aaryana never got it on?  Strange, with her being a Succubus, I had expected that they'd be doing it several times a day  :D
I know, right?

I mean... SUCCUBUS. C'MON. 'A'

Even my Male Elf Wizard in friggin' NETHACK gets it on with a Succubus!

Zedd

a slightly mature comic

Darn...Where am I gonna put this ten crates full of..Oh nothing

tlarn

Quote from: Zedd on May 30, 2008, 03:48:08 AM

a slightly mature comic

Darn...Where am I gonna put this ten crates full of..Oh nothing
Oh hey, you got that thing I sent'ya! :3

Aleolus

Sorry, all, but I gotta do this.

'Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday DanandMabandAleksiandJyrrasandLorendaandalltheothercharactersinthiscomic,
Happy birthday to you'

:mowsmile

tlarn

Quote from: Aleolus on May 30, 2008, 02:17:12 PM

'Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday DanandMabandAleksiandJyrrasandLorendaandalltheothercharactersinthiscomic,
Happy birthday to you'

And then,
HOARDS OF FANS
EVERYWHERE
SCREAMING "WE LOVE YOU AMBER"

And then we get delicious cake. :U

Brunhidden

a slightly mature comic

cant i tease people in peace?

next i was going to tell them everyone was going to have free pie and beer behind a door that is actually an empty elevator shaft.

however, if they never have sex its going to be hard to pop out some spawn

QuoteAll truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Naldru

a slightly mature comic

I am confused.  If Destania, Edward, Aniz, and May never got to have sex, where did Abel and Dan come from?
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

bill

Brunhidden

Quote from: Naldru on May 30, 2008, 05:23:00 PM

I am confused.  If Destania, Edward, Aniz, and May never got to have sex, where did Abel and Dan come from?

i would assume it has something to do with storks eating cabbage and getting gassy so they have to go to the hospital where their condoms break
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tycoon

Quote from: Naldru on May 30, 2008, 05:23:00 PM

a slightly mature comic

They forgot to drink coffee as opposed to tea...

PurpleCheeseLlama

a slightly mature comic

For some reason I laughed like crazy for like a whole minute when I read that :giggle But, eh...sucks to be Amber's characters, in that case XD

Psychogirl

Quote from: tlarn on May 30, 2008, 02:50:49 PM
Quote from: Aleolus on May 30, 2008, 02:17:12 PM

'Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you'

And then,
HOARDS OF FANS
EVERYWHERE
SCREAMING "WE LOVE YOU AMBER"

And then we get delicious cake. :U

Ever since Portal, everyone knows thet THE CAKE IS A LIE.
OH GAWD, WHYYYYY?  :dface

Ry

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 28, 2008, 02:38:20 PM
Quote from: PurpleCheeseLlama on May 28, 2008, 02:22:46 PM
Even with the delays recently, it's still more consistent than any other comic :-D

I beg to differ. IrregularWebComic is significantly more consistent.

Since David Morgan-Mar does lego-based images, however, I can't say his art matches up with what Amber produces... but he -is- more consistent and regular with updates.

Every day for nearly 2000 strips, now.

And then there's AKoTaS, which is in a similar situation with respect to updates.

... I will grant you the story and art thing, though. ;-]

Friendly Hostility, anyone?  I recall them being late at most 3 times and they've yet to miss an update.  Same thing with LICD.

Quote from: PurpleCheeseLlama on June 02, 2008, 05:03:17 PM
For some reason I laughed like crazy for like a whole minute when I read that :giggle But, eh...sucks to be Amber's characters, in that case XD
:rolleyes  Sexuals.   What you fail to realize is that Amber's comic is actually an asexual paradise, where such views are not only ridiculous but met with "why the heck would we want to do that?".

PurpleCheeseLlama

Quote from: Ry on June 03, 2008, 03:21:15 PM
Quote from: PurpleCheeseLlama on June 02, 2008, 05:03:17 PM
:rolleyes  Sexuals.   What you fail to realize is that Amber's comic is actually an asexual paradise, where such views are not only ridiculous but met with "why the heck would we want to do that?".

And another minute of giggling to myself follows  :rolleyes

llearch n'n'daCorna

Friendly Hostility, anyone?  I recall them being late at most 3 times and they've yet to miss an update.  Same thing with LICD.

LICD is that old? I didn't realise. I can't say I've been watching LICD for that long, but what I have noticed is that he updates 6 days a week - one reason why I dismissed him without considering. Not a good one, but why it happened...

Also: got a link for FH?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ry

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 03, 2008, 04:07:11 PM

LICD is that old? I didn't realise. I can't say I've been watching LICD for that long, but what I have noticed is that he updates 6 days a week - one reason why I dismissed him without considering. Not a good one, but why it happened...

Also: got a link for FH?
LICD's been around for 5 years, started February '03.  I wasn't sure how long it had to be up for or if we were going by that/number of pages/what- but it's been here for more than 1000 pages, definitely.  I remember the 1000 page mark.

FH- http://friendlyhostility.com/archive.html  Up since '04, but before that was boy meets boy, http://boymeetsboy.keenspot.com/  and I'm not sure what her record was on that or when it started, I came in after it had finished, but it'd been going for awhile I'm sure. 

Also- are we including Amber's year off in all this?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ry on June 03, 2008, 04:39:50 PM
LICD's been around for 5 years, started February '03.  I wasn't sure how long it had to be up for or if we were going by that/number of pages/what- but it's been here for more than 1000 pages, definitely.  I remember the 1000 page mark.

Oh, I was just rolling some off the top of my head, where "daily updates" is important, to keep it in mind. As for actual content, well... no idea. Go figure. ;-]

FH- http://friendlyhostility.com/archive.html  Up since '04, but before that was boy meets boy, http://boymeetsboy.keenspot.com/  and I'm not sure what her record was on that or when it started, I came in after it had finished, but it'd been going for awhile I'm sure. 

Also- are we including Amber's year off in all this?

No idea. I was just shooting the breeze, as it were. *grin*

Ry

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 03, 2008, 05:29:06 PM

Oh, I was just rolling some off the top of my head, where "daily updates" is important, to keep it in mind. As for actual content, well... no idea. Go figure. ;-]
Amber doesn't update daily, either. 

llearch n'n'daCorna

That was, kinda, my point. You did read my post, yes?

Prof B Hunnydew

What... about Alexsi and Pyro

What happens at Alexsi's private T-e-a parties?

PBH

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen