06/01/08 [Hybrids #6] - Crossbreeding with the Fae

Started by Sunblink, May 31, 2008, 11:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyuuYareYare

Damn. And i thought DanxMab wouldve worked out.

im a little sad now :(

The Darkless

I think we need Emo fan service. Hollow wallpaper!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: The Darkless on June 01, 2008, 05:22:41 AM
I think we need Emo fan service. Hollow wallpaper!

How thinly would you slice them, though?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Victoire Épique

Quote from: Kenji on June 01, 2008, 01:55:41 AM
Quote from: Victoire Épique on June 01, 2008, 01:51:33 AM
Quote from: Amber Williams on May 31, 2008, 11:45:08 PM
They are pretty much vegatables.

Om nom nom. :V

So how many servings of veggies does eating a hollow count for?

I assume quite a lot if the crossbreed was fae and dryad.

Eww, Dryads. :blarf
Too bitter for me. Maybe a fresh Mythos would be a better-tasting specimen for crossbreeding?

Magic

My first thoughts were of Nyra. The Censor Panda.
http://www.mabsland.com/Pandas/Censor_NYRb.gif
(non-img tagged for cleanliness' sake)
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

MT Hazard

Looking at the picture of the Hollow you can make it more or less disturbing by deciding if her eyes are open but blank, or closed as if sleeping (Or see both for a even better effect)
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Goatmon

This comic has given me some twisted ideas which I will not be sharing on this particular thread for the sake of maintaining a PG rating.   >:3

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 31, 2008, 11:52:41 PM
Quote from: Kibin on May 31, 2008, 11:51:16 PM
So what happens if you stick another soul in the hollow, after it's born? Is that possible? Does it turn off the counter to eventual death?

Souls dont work that way I am afraid. And the fact the hollow are magic immune sort of makes it pretty impossible to try.

Souls are magic-based?  :erk

Brunhidden

and now i have the chilling mental image of a fey, curled up in bed on a stormy night, seeing a ghost inside their head of the hollow child they had slain years ago. true, they obviously cant have ghosts, so its just severe guilt and depression causing hallucinations in an Edgar Allan Poe kinda way.

oh yes, to make it complete the apparition would be singing "gollum's song" for triple extra creepiness

yeah, i can see how a fey would consider something so depressing to be anathema to them, their normally cheerful existence reminded of mortality and, merciful Odin, CONSEQUENCES for their actions!

QuoteWhere once was light. Now darkness falls. Where once was love. Love is no more.. Don't say goodbye. Don't say I didn't try

These tears we cry. Are falling rain. For all the lies you told us. The hurt, the blame!. And. we will weep to be so alone. We are lost. We can never go home

So in the end. I'll be what I will be. No loyal friend. Was ever there for me

Now we say goodbye. We say you didn't try

These tears you cry. Have come too late. Take back the lies. The hurt, the blame!

And you will weep. When you face the end alone. You are lost. You can never go home

Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Wanderer

Quote from: Goatmon on June 01, 2008, 07:28:15 AM
Souls are magic-based?  :erk
They don't have to be. How else is one going to move a soul into another being except by magic? Even if a soul itself isn't magic, magic would have to be used in transferring it, assuming such a thing was possible at all.

So. Hollows. Looks sad, on the surface, but thinking about it it isn't really. This is completely different from a person who is rendered a "vegetable" through brain damage or whatever. In that case there is still a person there, they just can't do anything. But here, there's nobody inside the body at all. There is NO person. Just a body-shaped mass of flesh and organs and such.

Azlan

So Azlan and Neni don't get to have kids then...
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Or one just falls out of the sky as happened to Mab.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

"... and that was the last time I got Neni pregnant!"

Goatmon

Quote from: Wanderer on June 01, 2008, 07:52:13 AMSo. Hollows. Looks sad, on the surface, but thinking about it it isn't really. This is completely different from a person who is rendered a "vegetable" through brain damage or whatever. In that case there is still a person there, they just can't do anything. But here, there's nobody inside the body at all. There is NO person. Just a body-shaped mass of flesh and organs and such.

Like a doll, with a pulse!   :boogie

Jigsaw Forte

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ren Gaulen

Madmann135

that leaves one question in my mind.
Since Fae souls are recycled (ultimate Fae recycling plan, they don't throw anything away, even their sous) what would happen in the one in a galactic chance that a Fae decided to die and randomly send said soul out while at the same time a Fae and a non-fae made a 'mistake.'  As a result of their error the non-fae was pregnant and at the same time that wayward Fae soul made its home in the womb of the pregnant non-fae.  Since the non-fae child (possible fae 'hollow') would have a fae soul would that still make it a hollow, or would the Fae-to-be get bored waiting to be re-born and move on.
Don't answer it, it's my dirty mind thinking in overdrive.

I must say this puts an interesting twist on the crossbreeding scene.  Yes the hollow in the pic has an interesting look to her but the fact that no brain activity nor-any activity other than survival would really be a downer.  I wonder if the white hollow look catches on with the goths.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 01, 2008, 10:42:22 AM
Quote from: Goatmon on June 01, 2008, 09:59:08 AM
Like a doll, with a pulse!   :boogie

RealDoll (tm)!

Oh the horror...
I can't believe someone posted that.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 01, 2008, 02:47:51 AMThe fact they have no brain capacity to learn how to walk on their own...much less fight...would likely sway anyone from thinking they are a valuable source of soldier.

That is until they capture Jyrras and force him to create artificial brains to be implanted on hollows  >:3
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Joe3210

"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

Lucheek

Well....gee. Thats sad.  :cry

Now I can't get the image of a crazy-Fae mom taking care of their hollow kid.

"Would you like some more poridge dear...?"
"..."
"Here you go. I painted your room, don't you like it?"
"..."
"I love you."
"..."

As the slow pitter-patter of rain hits the outside window. The mother's clothes are moth-eaten rags, and dust collects on the door, never opened.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on June 01, 2008, 10:44:20 AM
Oh, the morbidity! 'A'

Well, duh.

Quote from: Madmann135 on June 01, 2008, 10:51:26 AM
Oh the horror...
I can't believe someone posted that.

Someone had to, otherwise someone else would have gone nuts tearing the idea to pieces. Or doing other, unsavoury things to the idea...

Quote from: Joe3210 on June 01, 2008, 11:33:24 AM
To be expected from a guy with your humor.

I have much better humour than that. Just you wait and see...

Edit:

Actually, here's a quick question: Why is the Hollow stored in a padded room? It's not like she's going to hurt herself, is she?

Raffe

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 01, 2008, 10:42:22 AM
RealDoll (tm)!
Now, that makes me think of something.  Would a quarter fae have a soul? An eigth? Would the quarterbreed just be whatever other parent it had, no part fae? Or how about a three-quarter fae?
Hooray ellipsis!

M

Quote from: Ink on June 01, 2008, 06:27:33 AM
My first thoughts were of Nyra. The Censor Panda.
http://www.mabsland.com/Pandas/Censor_NYRb.gif
(non-img tagged for cleanliness' sake)

That's what I thought of immediately, as well.

How sad they are.  :<

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Deebs' giraffe on June 01, 2008, 12:06:37 PM
Now, that makes me think of something.  Would a quarter fae have a soul? An eigth? Would the quarterbreed just be whatever other parent it had, no part fae? Or how about a three-quarter fae?

How would you get a quarter breed, since you can't get a half-breed to breed with? And if you do get a half-breed, you can't breed with it anyway?

Come on, people. At least smash the two lonely brain cells together sluggishly. Sheesh.

MT Hazard

I don't suppose it is necessary in a world with magic but they could be a good source of replacement organs, blood, etc. (Ever see the 'vampires final solution' in the blade films?)
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Amber Williams

One really needs to consider how old the Fae are, and how much experience they have with dealing with other worlds/dimensions/realities.  The average Fae can often live longer than the average civilization.

Part of the reason the Hollows are so depressing for the Fae is because despite this, its something even they can't quite "fix".  And believe me, they have tried.  It can go without saying that at some point it was likely every suggestion you guys have given has been tried...each time with the same result.

Thats something I keep needing to remind you guys about the Hybrid Genetics page: Fluffy isn't giving hypotheticals, she is giving straight up facts. If there was a chance for an exception, she would have added "with a rare exception of..."

Alondro

The sex doll idea reminds me of "Ghost In the Shell: Innocence".  I think Ink would desire a supply of them to perform bizzarre experiments upon.

And an implication that souls are magic-based in Furrae... hmm... what of souls from other dimensions?  If they are all the same, that makes an intriguing transdimensional continuity.  A link through which all worlds could be dominated!  Yes... yes... YES!!!   :mwaha

On another note... It's a Hollow!  Like "Bleach"!  Bleach, Bleach, Bleach!   :boogie

One question though:  What is the significance of 21 years old?
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Sunblink

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 01, 2008, 09:52:54 AM
"... and that was the last time I got Neni pregnant!"

Llearch, you are a magnificent box.

~Keaton the Black Jackal
PS: On a totally unrelated note, Turnsky, I typically hate spiders, but your avatar is oddly adorable.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Victoire Épique on June 01, 2008, 01:51:33 AM
Quote from: Amber Williams on May 31, 2008, 11:45:08 PM
They are pretty much vegatables.

Om nom nom. :V

So how many servings of veggies does eating a hollow count for?
They'd be empty calories.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen