Started by Azlan, August 13, 2007, 12:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

Morgan disappears up a tree somewhere.
Dude! You copied Jexx! Not cool :cry

lucas marcone

givin incentive any animal can climb a tree

Ryudo Lee

I gotta say, you guys handled that in a pretty interesting way.  Starting a fire at a hospital and using the ensuing chaos to not only rescue Sally but to also capture a subject to test removing the chips and get away unnoticed.  You'd make my gaming group proud.  Nicely done.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on August 15, 2007, 09:42:57 AM
I gotta say, you guys handled that in a pretty interesting way.  Starting a fire at a hospital and using the ensuing chaos to not only rescue Sally but to also capture a subject to test removing the chips and get away unnoticed.  You'd make my gaming group proud.  Nicely done.

A performance review!  Do we get a raise? :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 15, 2007, 09:47:48 AM

Of course not. The reward for a job well done is a more difficult job. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Azlan

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 15, 2007, 10:43:12 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on August 15, 2007, 09:47:48 AM

Of course not. The reward for a job well done is a more difficult job. ;-]

Remind me to never work for you... but I will hire you as my operations manager  >:3
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Azlan

Whoo double post...

Hey PBH, we did not bring a zealot with us as you posted here...

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on August 15, 2007, 09:01:47 PM

Next to the Zealot, she checks to see if he is a llive, and what could be done to restore sanity or at least freewill.  Alert monitors are place on each patient. 

"What have we found out about the transmitter?" Asks Sally  "We may have to wait for the patients to wake before we try anything on them."

PBH

We actually took a normal security guard... see my quote below:

Quote from: Azlan on August 13, 2007, 05:03:50 PM

"Cripes, I did not want this to happen.  Out the back Josh, come on Dorcan... grab that security guard I knocked out."  Morgan burst out the back and dropped Dr. Collins a good distance away from the building.  He kept carrying Chad however.

Let's get out of here people.

Just thought I'd point that out for clarity reasons.

Ryudo Lee

I will be out all day tomorrow at a remote site (three hour drive one way) to finish a server build-out.  Fun fun fun.

Tapewolf

Is Pal still in the running?  I understand he's got RL issues that can make his posting somewhat intermittent, but we may have left his character behind in the town  :B

lucas marcone

for simplicity's sake we can say he piled into the van as we left.

Tapewolf

Quote from: lucas marcone on August 16, 2007, 07:51:47 AM
for simplicity's sake we can say he piled into the van as we left.
If we go for that, I may have to remove the last line from my IC post.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on July 28, 2007, 12:34:17 AM
Sorry about my lack of posts guys I've just not been able to come up with anything creative. And to be honest my mood hasn't been the best. SO I'm going to take a small break I still want to be in the RP I'm just taped out atm. Sorry.

Ryudo feel free to auto Victor, thank you.

According to Pal, that would be up to Ryudo.

The last time Paladin posted anything at all was on July 27, and he posted in Wastelands, LITS, and BOTM with the same exact message as the one here, changing according to GM and character, of course.
He has been logging on occasionally, however, in fact he was just active this morning somewhere after 1:00 forum time.
On the subject of missing players, there is at least one other player is out (hopefully not for the count); Kryptic. The last time she was even logged on at all was July 17, then days before Pally scooted off. Pally left a message explaining his absence. Kryptic just disappeared. Poof. Nothing.
I think that BillBuckner won't be getting back in though. He's been long gone.

Tapewolf

I'm hoping Kryptic is on holiday or something.  In terms of the RP Baiye is a bit less 'critical' in that she was last seen safely at base camp, whereas Vic is left in what is potentially a very dangerous situation.

Regardless of whether Vic is out of it, Dorcan - and likely anyone else - is going to be at least slightly worried that someone's gone missing in enemy territory.  If not out of compassion or camaraderie, then out of pragmatism since losing his comms gear will put communications at risk.  Anything less would be unrealistic  >:3

techmaster-glitch

I know that, I just meant that, it's Ryudo's decision weather or not Victor clambered into the van as you guys were making you're escape.

EDIT: And I see no one has commented on Jexx's strange eating habits, oh well.

EDIT EDIT: And I have just found out that Boogy may be gone for a time as well, unsure of how long. Man, I can't belive that he and Arcalane never finsihed their magic robot to modern robot conversation, that was shaping up to be interesting. :C

Ryudo Lee

I've got some time to kill while I wait for files to copy over...

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 16, 2007, 04:19:09 AM
Is Pal still in the running?  I understand he's got RL issues that can make his posting somewhat intermittent, but we may have left his character behind in the town  :B
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on August 16, 2007, 09:53:03 AM
Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on July 28, 2007, 12:34:17 AM
Sorry about my lack of posts guys I've just not been able to come up with anything creative. And to be honest my mood hasn't been the best. SO I'm going to take a small break I still want to be in the RP I'm just taped out atm. Sorry.

Ryudo feel free to auto Victor, thank you.

According to Pal, that would be up to Ryudo.

The last time Paladin posted anything at all was on July 27, and he posted in Wastelands, LITS, and BOTM with the same exact message as the one here, changing according to GM and character, of course.
He has been logging on occasionally, however, in fact he was just active this morning somewhere after 1:00 forum time.
On the subject of missing players, there is at least one other player is out (hopefully not for the count); Kryptic. The last time she was even logged on at all was July 17, then days before Pally scooted off. Pally left a message explaining his absence. Kryptic just disappeared. Poof. Nothing.
I think that BillBuckner won't be getting back in though. He's been long gone.

Again, I'm just going to pull an old D&D trick here.  Just consider them to be following along with the group and out of the way.  When we get to the next mission, if they don't post that they're going with you, consider them to be staying behind.  But otherwise, they're there, just being inconspicuous.

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 15, 2007, 09:56:34 AM
"We have just set fire to a hospital," he continued.  "We may very well have killed dozens of people...  if not directly from the smoke and flames, then because they had to be moved out of intensive care.  Was what we have achieved worth the bloody price we may have paid for it?"

I chuckled at this.  Not because Dorcan is having a bout with his conscience, but because I can picture my gaming group marching up and down the halls singing "We Are The Champions" if they had set fire to a hospital as a means of escape.

Next to the Zealot, she checks to see if he is a llive, and what could be done to restore sanity or at least freewill.  Alert monitors are place on each patient. 

Isn't he supposed to be dead?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on August 16, 2007, 02:48:42 PM
I chuckled at this.  Not because Dorcan is having a bout with his conscience, but because I can picture my gaming group marching up and down the halls singing "We Are The Champions" if they had set fire to a hospital as a means of escape.

Believe me, if it was possible to do such a thing in Morrowind or Deus Ex, I would probably still be laughing over it.  One of these days I've really got to try and make an amoral character like Keaton :P

Not only dead, he's still pretending to be a generator in the toolshed, if he's the one you're thinking of.  (Much to Dorcan's chagrin - he really wanted that armour).
I think PBH is actually referring to the security guard from the hospital whom Dorcan brough back.

Azlan

I've got some time to kill while I wait for files to copy over...

I actually don't, but I'm in charge... so...

We didn't take the dead zealot with us from the shack, Morgan didn't think we could move quickly or effectively while carrying a dead Brotherhood clown.

We brought back this Chad fellow and the security guard Morgan knocked out when he first entered the rear of the hospital.  From this post:

Quote from: Azlan on August 10, 2007, 02:41:53 PM
Morgan entered the rear entrance and immediately noticed a security guard, slipping behind him, he made a quick strike to the fellow's neck and rendered him unconscious.  He relieved the guard of his side arm, which was expertly maintained, but obviously never used, even in practice.  He also took the stun gun.

Morgan did not want to let the guy burn to death.  He also dragged Dr. Collins out as well and dropped him a distance away from the hospital.

Ryudo Lee

Azlan

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on August 16, 2007, 03:03:32 PM
At the shed...
"Hey, look at this!" One shouted from near the container that held a zealot body.
The others went to see.
"Damn.  Looks like they wanted us to find him.  Bastards, whoever they were." One of the others said.

I like that, we unwittingly started a war of terror against them... I wish I would have intended that  >:3

lucas marcone

josh is waiting for babs to pick up the phone...just thought id let ya know.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 16, 2007, 10:06:05 AM
I'm hoping Kryptic is on holiday or something.  In terms of the RP Baiye is a bit less 'critical' in that she was last seen safely at base camp, whereas Vic is left in what is potentially a very dangerous situation.

From memory, Kryptic posted a "Guys, I'm going to be unable to log onto the Intarweb" type message somewhere.

It may have been via IRC or something.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: lucas marcone on August 16, 2007, 03:29:02 PM
josh is waiting for babs to pick up the phone...just thought id let ya know.

Edited my post.

Tapewolf

lucas marcone

i ment the next day. i edited it to be clear

Tapewolf

Quote from: lucas marcone on August 17, 2007, 10:19:13 AM
Cool.
You know, there's something kind of fun about watching you try and chat Ryudo up  >:3

techmaster-glitch

And Prof, the guy is not a zealot. It's been said several times, he's just a normal security guard.

And I don't remember there being anyone in our group called Zexx... >:3 in Line In The Stars, maybe, but not here :P

Also, even if is was a zealot we have, zealots don't have the mood-control chips.This is the only town where they exist, so the Brotherhood can't be needing them to control all it's members. No, it's already been established that they are brainwashed somehow.

Arcalane

Admiral ZEX? Where?! Damned meddling VUX!

Prof B Hunnydew

Sorry Zexx or Jexx  :giggle  My speeell ing can be auful

:(  PBH

lucas marcone

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 17, 2007, 10:26:46 AM
Quote from: lucas marcone on August 17, 2007, 10:19:13 AM
Cool.
You know, there's something kind of fun about watching you try and chat Ryudo up  >:3
crossed my mind as well....this is for the sake of staying in character/the story/roleplaying ability.

Azlan

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on August 17, 2007, 12:18:58 PM
Sorry Zexx or Jexx  :giggle  My speeell ing can be auful

:(  PBH

Losin spelink abiletu...