Ask the All Purpose Fox - Enterprise!

Started by Kenji, January 18, 2008, 09:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eibborn

Do I still get to be an All Purpose Something-or-other even though I vanished for ages?
/kicks the internet over

Gabi

You can, as long as you bring some tea. Remember your duties! We have not forgotten. :D
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Darkdragon

Gabi

Most kinds, actually. So far I've liked all teas except the Taragüí and Bigellow brands or any Lapsang Souchong tea. Other than those, I do like some more than others, but I enjoy all.

Darkdragon

What is the best way, aside from using stimulant-like products, to combat the cravings of sleep in a monotonous lecture, comfy chairs and substantial fatigue?

Gabi

There are several ways. You can use whichever works best for you, or combine them.

1. Take sips of water whenever you begin to feel drowsy.
2. Make doodles to keep yourself active, but don't focus on them too much, you still need to listen to the lecture!
3. Take notes whenever you hear something that may be useful or sounds interesting.
4. Regularly ask yourself what the lecturer is currently talking about. If you can't answer immediately, focus until you can, and ask whatever you still don't get.

And then, once you're done with the lecture and whatever else you absolutely have to do on that day, go home and get some sleep. Whatever else needs to be done will be much easier to do after you've rested.

Ask everything, huh?
What is the password of Damaris' account? :3

(<edit> *sigh*, I should really start looking at topic dates >< No excuse this time, I expect my punishment and resolve betterment...)

ShadesFox

*looks up from loading his shotgun, rather confusedly at you*

Oh... you thought that this was something about dates?  I mean, I have absolutely no problem about dates.  I do, however, enjoy shooting people.  This really is all that this is about.  Don't take is so personally.

*CA-CLICK*
The All Purpose Fox

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ShadesFox

Certainly.  Now, try and kill him in the form of a question.
The All Purpose Fox

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oooo, a challenge!

... Not much of one, though. I mean, I could go "Kid, you ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?", or I could saunter over to a Glaswegian Kiss, with "How aboot a face full o' heid?"

Or I could go for "Can I see if you have a smile on the inside?"

I might settle for something like "Would you mind if I balanced a ball on my nose? I was thinking about using one of yours...", if that's okay with you?

ShadesFox

My only problem is that you still haven't done anything.
The All Purpose Fox

Lisky

how many players should i kill in the RP i'm running, OSaS? Who? And why?

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Gabi

I don't like it when GMs plan to kill PCs in advance. If someone does something stupid and gets him/herself killed or runs a big risk and fails, that's fine. But killing them on a whim? I don't like it.

And I'm not saying this because I'm playing the game, that's my view of roleplaying in general. Yes, it's true that in real life you can walk down the street and be hit on the head by a dog falling from a 7th floor (it happened once, and there were 3 victims: the dog, the person who was hit, and a passer-by who died of a heart attack) but that's no fun when you're roleplaying.

Corgatha Taldorthar

How did the dog fall out of a 6th story window?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Gabi

Oh, wait, I've just searched the web and it turns out it was a 13th floor! Source, in Spanish, sorry.

It happened in Buenos Aires in 1988. I'll translate the story.

A family named Montoya, who lived on a 13th floor in the Caballito area, had gone on vacation leaving their little dog in their apartment. A kind neighbour took care of feeding it everyday. however, the dog had the bad idea of going out to the balcony, where it lost balance and fell. A 75-year-old woman received the canine impact and died immediately, gathering a group of people who, as usual in these cases, ran towards the site, among shouts and calls for help.
One of those people was 46-year-old Edith Solá, who crossed the avenue carelessly and was ran over by a bus. The woman died instantly, but since there's no two without three* (not counting the dog, of course) an old man, at the sight of the horrible spectacle, suffered a heart attack dying on his way to the hospital.

*That's a local proverb.

e_voyager

are any threads immune to the two week necromancy edicts on this forum?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Gabi

Yes, many threads are. As long as the posts are pertinent.

Inumo

Gabi

I hope so, but people need to sign up for that to happen.

yakanaj

Will I ever get over my addiction to Crime Dramas?

Gabi

I think the real question is: do you want to? By the way, it's nice to see you here.

Darkdragon

What's the best way to captivate and stimulate my muse so I may work on my writing more often?

Gabi

Different things work for different people, but what most of those things have in common is the following: stop what you're doing and do something that can take your mind off work/school/everyday worries or help you look at things differently. Go out for a walk, take a shower, read a book, talk to the people with whom you've discussed your writings before, listen to music if that helps, think about your characters and try to learn new things about them, and if that's not enough have a talk with your muse and offer something s/he wants in exchange for inspiration. I do not recommend applying force, as you would end up with a very angry and uncooperative muse.

Darkdragon

Can someone having some experience with roleplay give a few pointers from what to expect from a campaign so this roleplaying recruit isn't making shots in the dark?

Gabi

That's a very vague question. It depends on many things, but mainly the kind of game you're playing, who the GM is and who the other players are.

Edit: but you can often expect the person who hires you to be the real enemy.

e_voyager

where have all the other apf's gone?
surely they can't expect poor, dear Gabi to answer all the questions of the forum can they?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Lushin

Well I'm not that smart and Gabi see's them before I do. I'll answer what I can when I see it.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: e_voyager on February 24, 2011, 02:24:34 PM
where have all the other apf's gone?
surely they can't expect poor, dear Gabi to answer all the questions of the forum can they?

Are you sure they're gone? Are you really, really sure? ;-]

Gabi

What is this? A questions only game? Speaking of which, why don't we have one of those? Would anyone like to post one?