26/05/08 [Abel 2 #18]- Is Destania Still Here

Started by Naldru, May 26, 2008, 12:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Firelancer on June 08, 2008, 01:57:21 AM
In the flashbacks, which might not be accurate, you can see Edward's right forearm.  There isn't any clan marking, which can't be hidden.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_297.php
You can see the top. You can't see the underside, on the inside, where the mark actually is.

It's arguable, obviously, but that's my take on it. Besides, it's history. Amber has the right to do a retcon if she so wishes. Who are you to argue with her? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

DarkAudit

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 08, 2008, 06:54:26 AM
In the flashbacks, which might not be accurate, you can see Edward's right forearm.  There isn't any clan marking, which can't be hidden.

You can see the top. You can't see the underside, on the inside, where the mark actually is.

It's arguable, obviously, but that's my take on it. Besides, it's history. Amber has the right to do a retcon if she so wishes. Who are you to argue with her? ;-]

Besides, his thumb's in the way.  >:3
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Firelancer

*Shrugs* It was just a thought, from what I have read I haven't seen where Amber's said either way.  :3 I tend to spend far more time reading than speculating, I just thought that might a point.

Ry

I just realized that Abel's 399.  Would this be for or against the "Aniz=Edwards"?  On the one hand, Falina probably wouldn't know depending on how long Destania's been gone ("This looks to be the place" could imply she never visited Dee or met Edward).  On the other, Abel hasn't had his 400th birthday yet so if Fa'lina (with her semi-omnipotence) did know, that might be why she let Dan leave without much of a fight, he isn't technically supposed to be there.

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 26, 2008, 03:43:08 PM
Quote from: Tezkat on May 26, 2008, 03:29:07 PM
Hmm... that's another thing that's been bugging me for a while. Destania is obviously not a weak fighter. (Consider Abel's and Alexsi's respect for her combat abilities.) 7000 years is probably way past the point where crossbow bolts without some serious magical buffs will be any threat.

This is just guesswork, but I was under the impression that you basically had to become tri-wing in order to reach a state where you can't die by normal means.

We don't know she isn't.  It would explain why she didn't even bother trying to hide her headwings or wings when she got to the inn.  Abel's been hiding BOTH his wings ever since getting to Lost Lake and he doesn't have triwings, so someone powerful enough to have all 3 might not see the point of hiding their heritage even if they hide the third set.  It probably wouldn't be wise to advertise that you're that powerful, even if you're willing to advertise you're a cubi.

AndersW

Left, left forearm.  Aniz's clan marking is on his left forearm;  and Edward has his left forearm in an obscured view, or off panel in every shot he is in.  The only clear shot of his left forearm is in #298, and it is covered by a bracer.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Firelancer on June 08, 2008, 09:31:45 AM
*Shrugs* It was just a thought, from what I have read I haven't seen where Amber's said either way.  :3 I tend to spend far more time reading than speculating, I just thought that might a point.

Sorry, didn't mean to come across as slapping you down, there. Just had a few too many speculations in recent history that have gone beyond the pale. :-/

I tend to forget my smileys. Won't happen again. *grin* Much.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ry

On the "Alexsi was a failed attempt" thing: Dan seems to look more like her than either parent (same basic body fur color, whereas Edward's is darker and Dee's, well... blue)  I'd comment on the tails, too, since Dee's isn't the same lion-ish setup, but we've never seen Edward's tail (Aniz's, however) .  I say this is proof that they share the same dad, whether it's Aniz or not.

Also, how long is the cubi gestation period?  Dan is 2 years younger than Alexsi, and she mentioned her dad got married about 2 years after her mom died.  If Cubi have the human 9 month gestation period, that would suggest Alexsi's mom died during or very soon after birth.  Was this ever proven?

AmigaDragon

I just read this again. It implies that Destania dropped her name but it doesn't say what name she used after that. Might it be Dee as Biggs sometimes calls her, or something else?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tsunari

Hmmmm, Falina should have just said that well you can no longer admit a child until you have raised and trained one as a cubi yourself.  With the limitations if Aniz was smart he would find ways to have kids and have them trained that doesn't need the Cubi academy.

Ry

Quote from: Tsunari on June 17, 2008, 01:20:06 AM
Hmmmm, Falina should have just said that well you can no longer admit a child until you have raised and trained one as a cubi yourself.  With the limitations if Aniz was smart he would find ways to have kids and have them trained that doesn't need the Cubi academy.
The Cubi academy is better because cubi that graduate it are much more successful.  I doubt Aniz would produce the best cubi, either.  I can't image Fa'lina would want a bunch of Aniz-trained monsters running about.

DarkAudit

Quote from: AmigaDragon on June 10, 2008, 06:08:41 PM
I just read this again. It implies that Destania dropped her name but it doesn't say what name she used after that. Might it be Dee as Biggs sometimes calls her, or something else?

It's whatever Amber decides it to be. The comic in question only answered the "life ended at the hands of Daniel Ti'Fiona" part of the story, not what she did or didn't do about her name.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....