game over for jack thompson

Started by R.A.M., May 21, 2008, 07:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valynth

Quote from: gh0st on June 08, 2008, 02:49:43 AM
on a different note: i think that the scariest thing is the fact that if jack Thompson had in fact kept up in gaming news, and had not been such a pretentious b***ard, and had not gone off the deep end. i think that it could have been possible for jack to eventually ban video games from the united states. especially with the way we gamers handled the situation, lucky for us the guy practically gave away his sanity.

Actually, I think the gaming community handled it very well.  It's the anonymous community/crowd that went ape-shit nuts, and that happens on every issue no matter where you take a stand.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Teroniss

Well, the biggest mistake Jack made in the last ten years was messing with the Top 3 Gaming webcomic owners online: Ctrl-Alt-Del, VGCats and most especially, Penny Arcade.
After his little tirade he pulled with him, no one in the gaming community or law community took him seriously anymore and he just became batshit crazy lawyer guy

AngelSephy

YES!! I could kiss that judge!! :mowcookie