Protest of Fred Phelps

Started by Rakala, May 11, 2008, 08:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngelSephy

Quote from: Reese Tora on June 08, 2008, 10:09:59 PM
Quote from: Brunhidden on June 08, 2008, 09:19:56 PM
what i cant understand is this- after those kids were seized, and placed in foster homes, the foster parents were told to remove anything red from the home as apperantly red is against their religion

somewhere there is a gaping flaw in logic

Red is bad... Red must be removed... Blood is red... Oh Snapz! :U

Kinda makes me thirsty... >:3

gh0st

Quote from: AngelSephy on June 08, 2008, 10:11:34 PM
what i cant understand is this- after those kids were seized, and placed in foster homes, the foster parents were told to remove anything red from the home as apperantly red is against their religion

oh noes vampires :U

Vidar

Quote from: Victoire Épique on May 12, 2008, 09:40:47 AM
I hate to admit it, but they are INCREDIBLE at debating and arguing.
That's probably how they got the amount of followers that they have.
Their confidence is amazing as well. It's those kind of qualities that can really suck people in.
I agree with Zina, it's absolutely fascinating.
Although, I completely disagree with their messages. If they had their loud, confident personalities but were preaching love and acceptance and all that happy jazz instead of their message of hate and sin, who knows what could happen? It's a shame they're so hatred-oriented. It seems they've forgotten wrath is a deadly sin. Or maybe they haven't, and are simply trying to incite it in other people.

Also, it gives me a kind of sick pleasure when I see the kids that don't actually know what the hell they're preaching about.

They are incredible at screaming hate-speech at the top of their lungs. They don't have a lot of followers. 70 people is not exactly a major religious denomination. The only way they get more recruits on a somewhat regular basis is by indoctrinating their children into their little death-cult.
It gives me no pleasure to see those kids parrotting their parents about sin and hate and death and hell, because believing these things in such an extremist way will sap the enjoyment out of their young lives rather quickly. It makes me very sad.

\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Brunhidden

such a life would be such a chore, i only hope those kids do like children everywhere and endeavor to rebel against their parents at every opportunity.

QuoteI hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

AngelSephy

Quote from: gh0st on June 10, 2008, 12:23:20 AM

And you look mighty tasty!  >:3

Toric

Well, it seems they're protesting at a military funeral about 30 minutes away from my home town tomorrow. Short notice as it is, it's..... very tempting to pay them a visit. I really don't know what I'd do in person. Kinda scary that they'll be the next town over.
Yap by Silver.

Sunblink

Quote from: AngelSephy on June 12, 2008, 11:51:48 PM
Quote from: gh0st on June 10, 2008, 12:23:20 AM

And you look mighty tasty!  >:3

om nom nom nom? :U

~Keaton the Black Jackal