04/30/08 [#76] - Praise Bob

Started by AndersW, April 30, 2008, 09:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

So now Jigsaw knows that she is a vampire.  I was wondering when she was going to find out.

stiletto

I still crack up at that last panel.

*SIGH* "I need a moment please...."

Bweeheeheeehee.....

llearch n'n'daCorna

She knows she might be. There's still some time to figure things out yet.

At this point she knows she needs to STFU. More than that, Daisy knows, but Jig doesn't.

.. my 2p.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Excellent.  And 'Bob' is such an awesome name for a deity.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Indeed. The Church of the Subgenii, a wonderful place where everyone is nice, or at least not horrible.

I found out about it years ago when wondering why they had that guy with the pipe on a screensaver.

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 30, 2008, 02:38:50 PM
I found out about it years ago when wondering why they had that guy with the pipe on a screensaver.
That alone tells me all I need to know, I think...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Brunhidden

the use of 'praise bob' has been around from the time of douglas adams, and it still has just the right ring to it- even if i preffer ones like merciful odin, for the love of frigg, by bragis beard, loki's loincloth, and thors thunder

once again i like how autistics are portrayed, and it feels kinda nice to see neurological disorders with an upside.

also, its nice to know someone else has problems with itching teeth, anytime i tell someone my teeth itch they look at me like im a nutcase
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Sunblink

I'm rather interested about the term "Light Child." Especially since Silk, in his dossier, was also labeled as a Light Child and there was even some footnotes remarking that he is "prone to hallucinations" under the same advisory. I'm probably going to assume, for now, that the term Light Child is a phrase which groups all people with disorders and mental illnesses of some kind. If so, I'm starting to think that Silk might have schizophrenia. However, my knowledge about schizophrenia is limited and I'm just running with my speculation so I'm probably wrong. :B

I'm in your Last Resort, speculating in your forums. >:3 First post here. Great comic, Jigsaw.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Brunhidden

i am slightly confused about 'light child' myself, jigsaw seems to reference this term as either the opposite of the djinn or a form of autism, or quite possibly its autism that allows you increased abilities in addition to screwing you up
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on May 09, 2008, 02:20:26 PM
I'm rather interested about the term "Light Child." Especially since Silk, in his dossier, was also labeled as a Light Child and there was even some footnotes remarking that he is "prone to hallucinations" under the same advisory. I'm probably going to assume, for now, that the term Light Child is a phrase which groups all people with disorders and mental illnesses of some kind. If so, I'm starting to think that Silk might have schizophrenia. However, my knowledge about schizophrenia is limited and I'm just running with my speculation so I'm probably wrong. :B
Quote from: Brunhidden on May 10, 2008, 01:44:26 AM
i am slightly confused about 'light child' myself, jigsaw seems to reference this term as either the opposite of the djinn or a form of autism, or quite possibly its autism that allows you increased abilities in addition to screwing you up

I'll try to clear this up fairly soon. Only if you ask nicely, though. :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on May 10, 2008, 08:16:00 AM
I'll try to clear this up fairly soon. Only if you ask nicely, though. :3

Pretty please with icing sugar and cherries and cream on top? ;-]