04/13/08 [Abel 2 #13] - Yeah, that's not a happy face

Started by PurpleCheeseLlama, April 13, 2008, 11:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PurpleCheeseLlama

Quote from: SpottedKitty on April 13, 2008, 05:06:01 PM
Can anyone else hear the fangs in the tone of voice in Fa'lina's last comment?   >:3

Hear it? It's echoing off the walls :-P and if Aniz has any sense (Aniz? Sense?) then he'll have heard it by now...

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: PurpleCheeseLlama on April 13, 2008, 05:12:29 PM
Hear it? It's echoing off the walls :-P and if Aniz has any sense (Aniz? Sense?) then he'll have heard it by now...

The sound of Fa'Lina's fist impacting with his face is still echoing in his (hollow) skull! How do you expect him to hear anything as subtle as that?? ... :3

PurpleCheeseLlama

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 13, 2008, 05:21:25 PM
Quote from: PurpleCheeseLlama on April 13, 2008, 05:12:29 PM

The sound of Fa'Lina's fist impacting with his face is still echoing in his (hollow) skull! How do you expect him to hear anything as subtle as that?? ... :3

True, true...

Lucheek

Why do I think that during the time this comic is taking place, Abel already has siblings?

And I agree with a previous poster that this is probally erking Anix because he just can't dump his kids and run off for a while.

Tapewolf

It may not be so much of a punishment in and of itself, more that Fa'Lina hopes that 75 years later (or 50 in real terms) Aniz may be slightly more responsible.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Lucheek on April 13, 2008, 05:33:10 PM
Why do I think that during the time this comic is taking place, Abel already has siblings?

And I agree with a previous poster that this is probally erking Anix because he just can't dump his kids and run off for a while.

Because Fa'Lina's semi-omnipotent, thus if she implies that Aniz would be enrolling others, it's an implication that Abel has siblings too.

Still almost tempted to suggest Pyroduck as a contender.

On a side note, he should probably be happy he should be alive after 76 years (unless shes' telling a white lie somewhere)
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 13, 2008, 05:43:13 PM
It may not be so much of a punishment in and of itself, more that Fa'Lina hopes that 75 years later (or 50 in real terms) Aniz may be slightly more responsible.

I wonder how old is Aniz? If he is several centuries old already then another 50 or so years probably won't change him much.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 13, 2008, 05:50:19 PM
I wonder how old is Aniz? If he is several centuries old already then another 50 or so years probably won't change him much.

http://missmab.com/Comics/Ab_012.php - "You are four hundred and sixty-four."

Well, the other option is that he does a better job next time so Fa'Lina doesn't beat the cack out of him again.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 13, 2008, 05:52:41 PM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 13, 2008, 05:50:19 PM

http://missmab.com/Comics/Ab_012.php - "You are four hundred and sixty-four."

I are stupid. :B I have completely forgotten that Aniz's age was stated there. Thank you.

Well, the other option is that he does a better job next time so Fa'Lina doesn't beat the cack out of him again.

Yeah. That is a good reason to try and not mess up next time. People learn from their mistakes faster if those mistakes cause them much pain (be it physical or mental).

By the way. I have just noticed that Aniz looks rather cool in the first panel.

PurpleCheeseLlama

Don't expect him to be so intelligent >->

Zedd

Wanderer

Well, Fa'Lina has refrained from hitting him again longer than I was expecting. That look on Aniz' face suggests he lacks the brains to not complain right now. I really hope he makes her hit him again.

PurpleCheeseLlama

Quote from: Wanderer on April 13, 2008, 06:23:53 PM
Well, Fa'Lina has refrained from hitting him again longer than I was expecting. That look on Aniz' face suggests he lacks the brains to not complain right now. I really hope he makes her hit him again.

A nice way to end this part of the chapter before returning to Abel would be Fa'lina hitting him one last time XD

I wonder when we'll see our spotty friend next >->

Goatmon

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 13, 2008, 05:43:13 PM

That was my thought.

No doubt she's hoping that, by the time he's raising another child, he'll have learned how to be more delicate. 

Honestly, I don't think he could have screwed up Abel much worse if he'd been trying. (At least while retaining a Web 14 rating  :U)

Ren Gaulen

QuoteQuoting all the people wanting to see Aniz in pain who have posted above.

While I have enjoyed watching Fa'Lina administer "Correction Punches" as much as the rest of you, I can't help but... pour some more oil into the flame. >:3

Now I'll just wait for an angry mob to gather and do horrible things to him. >:]

Tigerskunk

Here is my thoughts....  wait someone already said that.

So this is what I.. someone got that too. :mowsad

Darn it you all took all my ideas. I'm just going to have to lurk again.

By the way, does anyone ever visits Lost Lake in Second Life?

Note to Amber: update when ever you want, I love reading this comic and i don't want you to get burned out like some others have.

Cheese Foxlee

Is it posible that Able has brothers and sisters that never went to the academe

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cheese Foxlee on April 13, 2008, 07:40:20 PM
Is it posible that Able has brothers and sisters that never went to the academe

It's possible Devin was a failed attempt, i.e. not a 'Cubi.

Tsunari

I think Aniz will go cause trouble again.  Abel was allowed to learn magic at the Zinth school, so he might just go all around and leave their raising up to the other parent and let them make their way on their own.  Wonder if there will ever be an Abel sibling in the main storyline.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 13, 2008, 07:08:39 PM
Now I'll just wait for an angry mob to gather and do horrible things to him. >:]

... I'm gonna lead the mob to you, and tell them that you're actually Aniz in disguise.

And not Aniz in Disguise, either.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Rafe

Quote from: Zedd on April 13, 2008, 06:13:01 PM
Heh the face is priceless

I agree.  But something about it bugged me; I knew I'd seen one like that somewhere else - that look of calculating hate, the drawn-up mouth, the narrowed, focused eyes, and those tiny pupils.  Then I remembered:

...Angry Brian.

And no, I really don't think it was copied in any way.  Amber's version of Brian  looks like this:

Rafe

Rithm Alfortele

Boy.... Aniz looks PISSED...  pissed enough to feed at least half the school.

I wonder if Aniz is gonna end up like this

Ted Schiller

Quote from: SpottedKitty on April 13, 2008, 05:06:01 PM
(snip)
Can anyone else hear the fangs in the tone of voice in Fa'lina's last comment?   >:3

Nah.  :love2  She looks so sweet.

With regards,
Ted

Tafreer

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Abel_21.php

This strip makes one wonder what he been did while he was 'adventuring'.   >:3

Valynth

Quote from: Tafreer on April 14, 2008, 01:09:46 AM

He was obviously spelunking an earthly orifice in search of a climactic treasure.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tafreer on April 14, 2008, 01:09:46 AM

Rereading a few after that, I saw this which made me wonder if Demons attend SAIA too or they have their own academy.

Oh wait, #20 reminded me that Zinvth has demon schools (not necessarily that they ALL are, though they might).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Rafe

Quote from: PurpleCheeseLlama on April 13, 2008, 06:26:37 PM
A nice way to end this part of the chapter before returning to Abel would be Fa'lina hitting him one last time XD

I think she just did... and in a very sensitive place, too.
Rafe

kaskar

8) Ego and Pride can be sensitive things, and I really love his sideways snarl at Fa'lina when he was told the terms.

8) ( Can looks kill, because his had daggers ... )
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Naldru

I don't know if looks can kill, but in any event, it wouldn't be likely to affect Fa'lina.  She's more the kind that smashes mountains by snapping her fingers.  (Like in Dragonball)
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Naldru on April 19, 2008, 09:43:01 AM
I don't know if looks can kill, but in any event, it wouldn't be likely to affect Fa'lina.
I'd be surprised if Fa'Lina's looks couldn't kill.  In fact she probably doesn't even need to look.